RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

4 minutes ago, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

Thanks for the advice!  

So you don't think it is better than a GS to watch the shows from the room?  At any price?  Obviously if I can move up any higher I would love that.  

Question for anyone - If you bid on one to get up to the next level of suites that inc. gratuities, unlimited drinks and specialty restaurants do you get refunded for already buying all that?   Basically we could put a nice bid in if those fees get reimbursed.  

I saw the Oasis A3 on Deck 12. You do get a seperate master bedroom,  but the living area is choppy and tight. Not sure it even holds 5. Balcony is not as bad as deck 14 (11 is decent sized) but I dont think there is seating for 5.

FWIW, the view from that high isnt that good for the dive shows. Great view of the ocean.

20190621_162304.thumb.jpg.06a8b4cc5241526dff4aa3f8012da9a2.jpg

If you bid and win STAR, you get all the perks

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Were you logged in when you tried this?

You have to log in to your account and then go back to the main home page and the link will be at the bottom of the page.

It is showing me log in with my name in the upper right hand area.  I sent an email to see if I get a response.  

1 hour ago, John&LaLa said:

I saw the Oasis A3 on Deck 12. You do get a seperate master bedroom,  but the living area is choppy and tight. Not sure it even holds 5. Balcony is not as bad as deck 14 (11 is decent sized) but I dont think there is seating for 5.

FWIW, the view from that high isnt that good for the dive shows. Great view of the ocean.

20190621_162304.thumb.jpg.06a8b4cc5241526dff4aa3f8012da9a2.jpg

Thanks!!!  Fingers crossed we could actually bid up to that!  It would be awesome 🙂

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 4:24 PM, John&LaLa said:

I don't think they would even allow you to book an A3 for 5 people.  There is no way 5 could sleep in that room

On 6/21/2019 at 3:34 PM, mommyof2monkeys+princess said:

Thanks!  I guess we are not eligible.  I am getting this message "Please ensure your sailing is within the next 30 days
Please ensure there are no errors in the information you entered"  There are no errors and we are within 30 days.  

Make sure your preferences allow for RCL promotional offers/emails. We were " not eligible" until I double checked this and saw I had not checked it. Within a few days we were "eligible", an email came after that. Landed an amazing Star suite for minimum/weak bid 5 days before sailing.

We have a Freedom cruise coming up in 6 weeks and we have been able to bid on upgrades without getting an email.

We aren't bidding but it is available for both the suites we have.

24 minutes ago, Danitroline said:

Make sure your preferences allow for RCL promotional offers/emails. We were " not eligible" until I double checked this and saw I had not checked it. Within a few days we were "eligible", an email came after that. Landed an amazing Star suite for minimum/weak bid 5 days before sailing.

We have a Freedom cruise coming up in 6 weeks and we have been able to bid on upgrades without getting an email.

Thanks!  I was excited thinking that was it but my preferences were already set and I still get the same error.  Still crossing my fingers for an upgrade 🙂 

1 hour ago, Danitroline said:

Why are you here instead of finishing your STAR review.  Must stay focused 😉

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Biker19 said:

Got Royal Up offer 74 days out. Kinda steep min of $300pp from an interior to balcony (current self-upgrade is about $600pp), $100pp for OV and $50pp for Promenade (no suite offers, none seem to be available).

In my brief experience,  interior never gets to bid on any suite. 

• Like 1

Is it safe to say that with about 9 days to go, my offer is toast?  Not sure how long they typically wait to tell you one way or another, but I assume that this late in the game, on a sold out ship, the upgrades are gone by now.

5 minutes ago, Sail2k said:

Is it safe to say that with about 9 days to go, my offer is toast?  Not sure how long they typically wait to tell you one way or another, but I assume that this late in the game, on a sold out ship, the upgrades are gone by now.

I believe some have reported successful upgrades at less than 9 days to go.

7 minutes ago, Sail2k said:

Unless someone cancels at the last minute.

1 hour ago, Sail2k said:

I just received an upgrade at 6 days out.