RoyalUP? (Bid for stateroom upgrade)

John&LaLa

On 12/16/2018 at 8:39 AM, molly361 said:

Not everyone cares about the double points.  For example we are so far from the next C and A level that the points are not the top priority, would rather have all the other suite perks

Truth - plus, half the people worried about the double points seem to be the same ones claiming that RC is out to take all their C&A perks away.  Then don't bid.  

Edited by groveml

9 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

Do you have any proof of your statement? If so let's see it. 

I wasn't aware that I had to bring a fact filled spreadsheet to this conversation anymore than the rest of the people spouting off theories and nonsense without any evidence. :classic_dry:

Are you one of the people concerned about double points?  If so, see my original statement.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, groveml said:

I wasn't aware that I had to bring a fact filled spreadsheet to this conversation anymore than the rest of the people spouting off theories and nonsense without any evidence. :classic_dry:

Are you one of the people concerned about double points?  If so, see my original statement.

No you don't need a spreadsheet just don't call something "Truth" when it's just something you made up without any facts.

5 minutes ago, FLACRUISER99 said:

No you don't need a spreadsheet just don't call something "Truth" when it's just something you made up without any facts.

My "truth" was in reference to a previous post (THE ONE THAT I QUOTED):

Not everyone cares about the double points.  For example we are so far from the next C and A level that the points are not the top priority, would rather have all the other suite perks.

THEN I made my comment about double points.  Stop trolling and pay attention to what you're reading.

• Haha 1

25 minutes ago, groveml said:

My "truth" was in reference to a previous post (THE ONE THAT I QUOTED):

Not everyone cares about the double points.  For example we are so far from the next C and A level that the points are not the top priority, would rather have all the other suite perks.

THEN I made my comment about double points.  Stop trolling and pay attention to what you're reading.

Wow no need to resort to name calling. Have a great day. Bye

On 11/26/2018 at 7:06 PM, John&LaLa said:

Been upgraded twice JS to GS, and really didn't want them.  I like this better.  Lots of possibilities that I guess well find out later.

John&LaLa... did you have to pay (or bid) for this upgrade (from Junior to a Grand Suite)?  Not clear on this...

2 minutes ago, st5310 said:

I have a follow-up, if I may...   If it was free, then why would you not want an upgrade to a Grand Suite?  Not trying to be snippy here, just curious.

We prefer the layout of the JS to the GS.

1 minute ago, st5310 said:

I have a follow-up, if I may...   If it was free, then why would you not want an upgrade to a Grand Suite?  Not trying to be snippy here, just curious.

We were already in a JS and Pinnacle, so no added perks going to a full suite.  In both instances we liked where we were.  The extra space was really all we got. 

I guess free room service was a plus. Cant think of anything else

4 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I'm not sure if the Rhapsody JS has a walk in closet

Most likely not.  I don't know the details on Rhapsoda, but on EN and GR, I believe there are only two JS staterooms with walk-in closets, and those are aft facing.

Just now, John&LaLa said:

We were already in a JS and Pinnacle, so no added perks going to a full suite.  In both instances we liked where we were.  The extra space was really all we got. 

I guess free room service was a plus. Cant think of anything else

You're Pinnacle!  Understood.  No additional perks attach, makes sense now.  Layout IS important (as we learned on Celebrity when we upgraded from Sky to Celebrity Suite) and often trumps an upgrade.  I would also drop back to a JS at the Pinnacle level, but until then, we'll have to limp along at Diamond Plus in a Grand Suite!  Thanks, folks; didn't mean to sound officious.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Most likely not.  I don't know the details on Rhapsoda, but on EN and GR, I believe there are only two JS staterooms with walk-in closets, and those are aft facing.

Aft corners.  I should probably ask the wife.  She's in one now, non corner one

Edited by John&LaLa

8 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

It's not the closet that we miss in the GS, it's the layout of the vanity being next to the bed.  We prefer the vanity as placed in the JS.

29 minutes ago, John&LaLa said:

I had temporarily set my profile to "do not upgrade" when we had a B2B in favorite 9256 on Radiance inland waterway run in Alaska.  Would not give up that huge balcony with views of both sides for anything.... well...maybe 1100.  😉 

Edited by island lady

2 minutes ago, phabric said:

I received an email, asking if I wanted to pay for an upgrade for my January cruise.  I did not want to pay for it.

Does RC upgrade you for free?

I think the free upgrade fairy is dead.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, phabric said:

I received an email, asking if I wanted to pay for an upgrade for my January cruise.  I did not want to pay for it.

Does RC upgrade you for free?

Did you have to signup to be offered upgrades or does it just happen automatically?