Ultimate Dining / Navigator / Lunch

tamara01

7 hours ago, nessy48 said:

I am not sure about Johnny Rockets, but I am pretty sure that lunch is not included on embarkation day because technically the ship is in port and lunch is only on sea days.

So on a 3 night sail without an at sea day there are no lunches included if the "rule" is UDP is only good for at sea days?  I figured as long as a venue is open it's going to be covered on the UDP.  I do get conflicting info on whether or not JRs included and can't find it mentioned on RCCL site.

On 11/27/2018 at 8:04 AM, cot427 said:

Don't forget, depending on when you go, JR will be changed on Navigator to JR Express by the pool deck...probably similar to the setup on Anthem, I'm thinking, after the "amplification". 

Oh, how does that work? Pay the fee, is it still 9.99 on smaller ships with express? And get food to go? 

On Anthem could one just go up and buy a bogo milkshake? 

We were recently on NAV (Thanksgiving) and there were no specialty restaurants open on embark day.  I don't know if JR was open or not but none of the others were.

Whether or not the UDP applies to specialty restaurants on embark day (assuming any are open) varies from ship-to-ship.  As others have indicated, it seems to work fine on the O class ships but seems to vary on the smaller ship classes.

Slightly off topic but NAV did not honor the "complimentary" milkshake with our Deluxe Drinks Package without food purchase.  I know this also varies from ship-to-ship.  When we tried to get our "complimentary" milkshakes they tried to charge us $5.95 each for them, we told them, "no thanks".  The manager relented and reversed the charges but he insisted that they will not give you milkshakes unless you pay the service charge.

On 11/30/2018 at 9:29 AM, SAmome said:

Oh, how does that work? Pay the fee, is it still 9.99 on smaller ships with express? And get food to go? 

On Anthem could one just go up and buy a bogo milkshake? 

Anthem was a la carte pricing, I believe. Burger and fries were less than $9.99. Did not try to get the BOGO milkshake though.

• 4 weeks later...

We just returned from a 9 night over Christmas. We were able to eat at Chops on embarkation  day. Johnny Rockets was also free the entire cruise with our UDP.  We ate there several days for lunch and got it to go every time to eat by the pool or in the room while changing after a day at the islands.  Food was much better there for a burger than the burgers in the buffet. 

On 11/26/2018 at 9:53 PM, mkam2821 said:

On Allure embrakation is considered a sea day for the purposes of Ultimate Dining Lunch

I know that this post is a month old however for future readers policy has changed regarding embarkation day lunch on Allure.

we sailed last week and Allure no longer includes embarkation day lunch as part of the UDP.  The manager at Giovanni’s said it was a recent change dictated by Miami.  Whether that was their way of passing the buck or if it is true and other ships are not following the new procedure remains unknown however Allure no longer includes lunch on embarkation day.

24 minutes ago, Ourusualbeach said:

I know that this post is a month old however for future readers policy has changed regarding embarkation day lunch on Allure.

we sailed last week and Allure no longer includes embarkation day lunch as part of the UDP.  The manager at Giovanni’s said it was a recent change dictated by Miami.  Whether that was their way of passing the buck or if it is true and other ships are not following the new procedure remains unknown however Allure no longer includes lunch on embarkation day.

Maybe it's because of the new Key Program, which offers embarkation day lunch at Chops. I was wondering how that and UDP would work and if having both would be redundant on that first day....

15 hours ago, zooma said:

Maybe it's because of the new Key Program, which offers embarkation day lunch at Chops. I was wondering how that and UDP would work and if having both would be redundant on that first day....

I'd have thought very hard to accomidate all those with UDP for embarkation lunch so adding Key Program and wanting them to have the perk, have to have space for them.  

I guess UDP on a 3 night without a sea day = 3 night specialty package.  Interesting the JRs might be able to be used at night on some ships with UDP.  We have UBP and UDP so it could be nice to go just for onion rings and shakes.