New NCL website!

Lupush

• 2 weeks later...

If you haven't logged on in a while (I hadn't in months, because we had no cruises scheduled) you'll see that mostly what they've done is redesigned the home page / landing page. Once you follow a link, you get taken to pages that look more like "old" style, although there has been some redesign on some of those pages too. 

It looks to me like a "work in progress" and I suspect all the pages will eventually get the newer, cleaner home page look.

For me, it's strange b/c using a VPN, if I go to the US site, it looks exactly the same as always has, however, if I go to the CAD site, it appears quite different, pretty but different.  I use the US site more often since I use a US CC and a US bank acct but like to know what the CAD is so I flip between the two sites... quite different appearance but that's about it. 

On 11/27/2018 at 11:09 AM, Lupush said:

Just logged into NCL.com and it looks like they've updated the look and feel of their website.  I like what I'm seeing so far!

http://www.ncl.com

Been that way for a while. Only the home page. The innards are still clunky. Let’s hope that they don’t do an “upgrade” like RCCL where their entire site has never recovered from the changes earlier this year. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

14 hours ago, All-ready2cruise said:

For me, it's strange b/c using a VPN, if I go to the US site, it looks exactly the same as always has, however, if I go to the CAD site, it appears quite different, pretty but different.  I use the US site more often since I use a US CC and a US bank acct but like to know what the CAD is so I flip between the two sites... quite different appearance but that's about it. 

Have you cleared your cache recently?   Your browse is probably still using the cached version.

NCL's I.T. "competent" dept probably taken CC's concept and getting their ideas to make its website's home screen "mobile" friendly ??  Oversized dropdown, clicks & point, touch-screen friendly ?? interface but behind the masked - other (sub) pages still (look to me) the same.  

Log off the browser, clear cache & cookies, sign in again & should see the changes  ... Chrome & Firefox.  (Yeah, it was "down" late night earlier ... )

Edited by mking8288
  • Thanks 1

• 3 months later...

I can access it on both desktop and mobile.The home page renders very well on mobile. They did a really good job there. I didn't log in to see any other pages, but with over half of all web traffic now on mobile, a site that works well on desktop and mobile without having to install some stupid mobile app is a good move.