Pics of MDR Dinners - Royal Princess (Nov 17-24/18)

DimSum

1 minute ago, Wishing on a star said:

Thanks!

Appreciate the foodie pics.

Wish I know what menu items some of them are!

I hope the food seems as good on the Regal.

Even that new 'little' lobster tail over risotto doesn't look too bad!!

I know!  I had all the pictures labelled but they kept disappearing when the pictures were being loaded.  I gave up after a few tries.  I will try and go back and label the pictures when I get a chance.

21 minutes ago, DimSum said:

Here are some pics of the meals we ate in the Allegro MDR on the Royal Princess (Nov 17-24/18)

The food was very good and the service excellent.

74149004_CaribbeanShrimpCocktail.thumb.jpg.a631e1b59c3898fee372042b2a79501a.jpg

Duck a La Orange.jpg

Pan Seared Corvina.jpg

Curtis Stone Chicken Pot Pie.jpg

Grilled Seafood Skewer.jpg

Names of the dish (from top to bottom)

Caribbean Shrimp Cocktail

Duck a L'Orange 

Pan Seared Corvina

Curtis Stone - Chicken Pot Pie

Grilled Seafood Skewer

We just got off the Crown Princess yesterday and the photos look a lot the same.  The 'everyday' Fettucini Alfredo was absolutely awesome and I had crème brulee for dessert every day, oh and also the shrimp cocktail for appetizer every day.  Food in the MDR's and Horizon Courts was excellent!  Crown Grille was good, Sabatini's was okay.  The mashed potatoes in the Horizon Court was the best ever!  Tasted just like my mom's - buttery and creamy with real potato flavor!  The variety and selections were fabulous.  We were on the Royal Princess last year and I think the food is even better now than before.

13 minutes ago, Diver2014 said:

We just got off the Crown Princess yesterday and the photos look a lot the same.  The 'everyday' Fettucini Alfredo was absolutely awesome and I had crème brulee for dessert every day, oh and also the shrimp cocktail for appetizer every day.  Food in the MDR's and Horizon Courts was excellent!  Crown Grille was good, Sabatini's was okay.  The mashed potatoes in the Horizon Court was the best ever!  Tasted just like my mom's - buttery and creamy with real potato flavor!  The variety and selections were fabulous.  We were on the Royal Princess last year and I think the food is even better now than before.

The Creme Brulee was a big favourite with my 12yo son.  He had at least 2 of them every night.

DD has shrimp cocktail every night for appy.  She also love the Fettuccine

On 11/28/2018 at 4:26 PM, jlp20 said:

I can only hope quantity has been reduced for the sake of quality. I take it this is the "small plate" concept initiated some years ago.

Some of the small plates are appetizers.  Sorry I gave up trying to label the items.  Became frustrating when the labels kept disappearing

1 hour ago, houstonheels said:

Hi, curious if they had baked Alaska on the last night of your cruise?

Yes there was baked Alaska the last night.  Sorry I didn't take a pic of the dessert menu that night.  My DD didn't feel well so I had to take her back to the cabin.

9 hours ago, Lucky TGO said:

I love all your pictures but you forgot to add The Volcano from the kids menu. :classic_love:

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

0EFE9057-617E-4496-A783-984761FF3663.jpeg

Unfortunately, my travelling companions were not interested in the volcano.  And none of the kids asked for the kids menu.

(Eccentric taste buds IMO)

They loved the Princess Love boat Dream and the creme brulee and the daily ice cream choices.