Can you book an unborn child in a cabin? Strange I know!

mickeyhereicome

My brother is getting married on the Epic February 2020.  My sister is currently pregnant and the baby is due in July.  The baby will be 7 months at time of sailing.  It looks like the baby will cost the same as any 3rd guest in a cabin.  NCL is currently running 3 & 4 guest free on our sailing.  Is there a way to book the baby? It seems like it will be a no since there is no name or birthdate yet, but asking just in case.  What is NCL name change policy?

Sorry, I have no idea if you can do this, but your thread title is so great that I just had to look.

Hopefully NCL will let you do this but be careful of the name that you give the unborn child.

Abcde might be pushing it!

https://people.com/home/southwest-gate-agent-mocked-girl-named-abcde-airline-apologizes/

:classic_biggrin:

Edited by DirtyDawg
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

You can book with someone else's name and then call to change before the cruise.  My DS always books a cruise and puts down his brothers name as a space saver (or sometimes cruiser).     A couple of times he has then called and changed it to his current GF or another friend.  

2 hours ago, mickeyhereicome said:

My brother is getting married on the Epic February 2020.  My sister is currently pregnant and the baby is due in July.  The baby will be 7 months at time of sailing.  It looks like the baby will cost the same as any 3rd guest in a cabin.  NCL is currently running 3 & 4 guest free on our sailing.  Is there a way to book the baby? It seems like it will be a no since there is no name or birthdate yet, but asking just in case.  What is NCL name change policy?

Call NCL or your TA and let them give you an answer. The name change will not be an issue for the third person in the cabin.

BTW the required ID is the same for a child that age as for anyne else. You will either need a passport or a certified copy of the birth certificate. Assuming both parents are sailing that is all that is needed. For anyone under 16 no photo ID is required.

Edited by zqvol

Yes. A few years ago, also for an Epic sailing, my mom booked my unborn nephew into a cabin at the time she booked the cruise. She booked through her PCC who just put "Baby [my sister's last name]" on the booking. When nephew was born and they had a name, my mom just called her PCC and he updated the reservation. This was all before final payment, which it sounds like you will be since the cruise isn't until 2020.

Edited by dolita22
  • Like 1

I booked a cruise for my unborn GD, cruise next desk on board the Bliss told me to add her when she was born. Booked another cruise & the PCC booked GD with first initial & last name. Now that she has been born I have undated the reservations with her actual name.

FYI All Canadians require a passport to re-enter Canada

Yes, you can, we have done it twice, once for each kid 🙂 I think once they put name in as TBA Lastname, and once as Girl Lastname? We did it through our travel agent, but I'm sure you could do it by calling NCL too. I would probably not try to do it yourself online. Once the baby was born we contacted our travel agent with the name and birthday and she updated everything for us.

16 hours ago, mickeyhereicome said:

Not a strange question as you think. We booked our cruise back in March 2017, and my daughter was about 8 weeks pregnant. We made up a fake name and birth date, and then the TA fixed it when Abby was born. She will be 14 months when we sail. (we had to wait until she was a year, as we are having 3 days at sea). So they must be 6 months for 2days or less and 12 months for 3 or more. Happy sailing