Live from Nieuw Statendam Premier Voyage, December 2018

Vict0riann

1 hour ago, scluvsrain said:

So here is my packed suitcase. Right side with shoes, undies, workout clothes, bathing suit and nightgown. 

Left side is rolled garments, there are two layers. 4 pants/slacks. 9 casual and smart casual dinner tops. 2 formal tops. One small dinner purse, orange scarf, socks, leggings, black sweater, and hairbrush.

In my backpack are are my toiletries, makeup bag, clothespins, earplugs and earbuds, pens/pencils, 10 foldable plastic hangers (hate the ship hangers), charging cords, wallet, passport, iPad, Iphone, magazines, book, cruise folder, small daypack, crochet project and carry bag, and miscellaneous “stuff” that’s always in one’s backpack. 

00316461-88B6-4193-AF66-6BB64D7622D8.jpeg

073D2451-DDE5-4724-993C-A493DBD6662B.jpeg

88DE5605-037C-4CE8-B2A8-A52FE462A4E4.jpeg

I am in awe, truly in awe.  Well done 😄 

1 hour ago, scluvsrain said:

Several of us have now arrived in Rome. The flight was pleasant enough,

good service and we got in about 45 minutes early. I’m staying at the airport Hilton so I’m all checked in early and settled in my room. I have the HAL transfer  from the airport tomorrow morning. 

Since I was just in Rome for about 10 days in October, I have no real desire to schlep into the city today. I’d rather rest up. 

Sounds like a good plan. 

45 minutes ago, fireflashone said:

Made it to the Airport Hilton Garden Inn. Time for a couple of hours sleep. 

Getting the ship transfer tomorrow from the airport 

Mom and I checked in yesterday. Bucatini for dinner last night and half a pizza for lunch.   Bob’s limo is picking us up at 10 tomorrow. 

EBDB58F8-C0BF-407B-9C38-31109941846E.jpeg

5CF2A0C5-3C4D-4B16-BC62-4D00AB8CB232.jpeg

4 hours ago, scluvsrain said:

Several of us have now arrived in Rome. The flight was pleasant enough,

good service and we got in about 45 minutes early. I’m staying at the airport Hilton so I’m all checked in early and settled in my room. I have the HAL transfer  from the airport tomorrow morning. 

Since I was just in Rome for about 10 days in October, I have no real desire to schlep into the city today. I’d rather rest up. 

We stayed at this same hotel when we did the Koningsdam Christening Cruise.  It's very convenient for walking from and back to the airport to catch the HAL transfer and a very accommodating hotel.  Having done Rome several times, it's a nice out of the way place to rest.

Enjoy!

Edited by 0bnxshs

19 hours ago, scluvsrain said:

Snort is my buddy. He’s traveled all over the world with me for almost 10 years now. And he’s a perfect companion. Well mannered. Doesn’t “hog” the bed. Never leaves the seat up. 

I always fear airlines will lose my luggage, especially when I fly Delta. Because it’s happened before to me. So that’s one reason. The other is someone on my recent Alaska cruise did it and she inspired me. Finally, I’ve learned how well I can do with so little, especially for 2 weeks. . One color scheme. Mix and match. Free laundry. A clever suitcase. Rolling the clothes technique.....and....believe it or not, I managed to pack 5 pairs of shoes in my bag and I wear a size 10!!! And yes, I eat in the dining room and packed for formal nights too. 

We had the pleasure of being in a Lanai cabin next door to Snort sailing to Cuba.  As there were several sea days we spent a lot of wonderful time lounging and partying next to Snort.  I will confirm what Sherita has said,  Snort is quiet but friendly, never complains, never spills his food or wine, always returns his towel , bravely protected our reserved loungers from intruders.  Amazingly he uses his ventriloquist talents when you talk to him, without moving his lips he makes it seem like Sherita is talking.

Sherita have a great voyage!  Hope we see you soon 

Stu

• Like 1

6 hours ago, scluvsrain said:

So here is my packed suitcase. Right side with shoes, undies, workout clothes, bathing suit and nightgown. 

Left side is rolled garments, there are two layers. 4 pants/slacks. 9 casual and smart casual dinner tops. 2 formal tops. One small dinner purse, orange scarf, socks, leggings, black sweater, and hairbrush.

In my backpack are are my toiletries, makeup bag, clothespins, earplugs and earbuds, pens/pencils, 10 foldable plastic hangers (hate the ship hangers), charging cords, wallet, passport, iPad, Iphone, magazines, book, cruise folder, small daypack, crochet project and carry bag, and miscellaneous “stuff” that’s always in one’s backpack. 

00316461-88B6-4193-AF66-6BB64D7622D8.jpeg

073D2451-DDE5-4724-993C-A493DBD6662B.jpeg

88DE5605-037C-4CE8-B2A8-A52FE462A4E4.jpeg

Smart Girl!!!

Ever since 2006 our trip to Europe disaster when London had the scares at Hethrow

which our flight was delayed 3 hours in LA, we could not bring anything onboard with us except personal items! Thank god I was able to keep lip balm that was a solid. Bottom line never received our bags in Rome! 3 weeks taking a cruise no bags😳 at least my husbands bag was at our hotel in Athens without mine! 

Came home 10/31 my bag arrived on Thanksgiving! My bag stayed in London on the tarmac!

we travel just like you now and it’s great!

sorry for my long story!

have a wonderful time!

Denise😊

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Underthemoonlight said:

We had the pleasure of being in a Lanai cabin next door to Snort sailing to Cuba.  As there were several sea days we spent a lot of wonderful time lounging and partying next to Snort.  I will confirm what Sherita has said,  Snort is quiet but friendly, never complains, never spills his food or wine, always returns his towel , bravely protected our reserved loungers from intruders.  Amazingly he uses his ventriloquist talents when you talk to him, without moving his lips he makes it seem like Sherita is talking.

Sherita have a great voyage!  Hope we see you soon 

Stu

Stu, Snort sends his warmest regards! He speaks of you often and misses your talks on the loungers from our lanai cabins. ❤️❤️

16 hours ago, 2manycruises123 said:

We  have our orange shirts and are ready for the Club Orange. Leaving tomorrow (Tuesday). looking forward to getting away for a couple weeks. We will be home for 10 days then drive to Ft. Lauderdale and get back on the ship with friends.

Sorry to bother you, but just need to be sure... you are not staying aboard for the 4-day on the 19th?  If not, wish you were! Thanks and Bon Voyage!

~Barbara~

We are looking forward to meeting Snort, and hope he will beat the sail away party!

today in Rome was a gorgeous day.  Amazing sunshine and warmth and we did a lot of walking.  We arrived at St John Lateran in time for a sung Gloria as part of a High Mass attended by what seemed to be all the armed forces of Italy as well as hundreds of firemen!  We thought it might have been a funeral, but maybe an Advent occasion.  Very impressive.  Then we visited St Mary of all the Angels in the Piazza de le Republica, designed by Michaelangelo, and the Baths of Diocletian.  On our way back to the hotel we stopped for pizza.  

Now we we are on our way out for a musical evening.  

But it tomorrow will be the big day as we head for Civitavecchia and our ship. 

D05BBB5A-B623-41C4-9A51-3C0B1A5AFF46.jpeg

9C9A0F0C-9FEC-4128-B522-2B8D9C4D655D.jpeg

AC26AF65-8206-42C5-A4D2-A750B60C528A.jpeg

• Like 3

On ‎12‎/‎3‎/‎2018 at 8:29 AM, scluvsrain said:

My voyage has begun. 4:15 AM Uber ride to airport. Delta to Atlanta from Sacramento. Then evening flight From Atlanta to Rome. Long day and night ahead!!

No lost luggage for me this time. Traveling light. Only a carry-on and a backpack. Oh. And Snort. 

Yikes!  I need one large suitcase just for my "stuff" - electronics, books, knitting, etc.

Our last evening in Rome was a “Night to Remember”, definitely.  We took a taxi from the hotel to the Palazzo Doria Pamphili, for an serenade of opera arias.  Just about 30 people, in a beautiful large hall with amazing acoustics. First we had a tour of some of the rooms in the palace, very sumptuous, and then about an hour of wonderful singing by a soprano and a tenor.  There was no augmentation of their voices, no mikes or anything, and yet their voices filled the room. Of course, the three with me were in tears, but, as thrilling as it was, I am seldom stirred to tears, being a stoic Englishwoman!

After that, we took a taxi back to the hotel and went to dinner at a nearby restaurant and then for a gelato.  A very successful day, I think.  

We have bought a couple of bottles of wine to take on board, but if the changes to the packages are not to our liking, we will buy more in Spain!

982293E8-8353-40D7-94C3-CDD5451DB18E.jpeg

A1899CC8-FD11-4010-B76E-BFEC7772CC6B.jpeg

E77A4FEC-6F9A-4C13-93AF-EB574E56FA05.jpeg

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Scrapnana said:

Yikes!  I need one large suitcase just for my "stuff" - electronics, books, knitting, etc.

Kathi, you saw I already shipped

2 bags to Florida for our upcoming 80 day Grand SA, so I just do carryon for shorter cruises. There’s no way I could do carryon only for that long!!

45 minutes ago, scluvsrain said:

Kathi, you saw I already shipped

2 bags to Florida for our upcoming 80 day Grand SA, so I just do carryon for shorter cruises. There’s no way I could do carryon only for that long!!

I couldn't do carryon only for three days!

• Like 2
  • Haha 2