Suite/platinum internet purchase question, and...

BellsRUs

We will be on the Regal Princess in a suite for 2 weeks in January. We are both platinum Captain's Circle members which means we will get 250 minutes per person internet time. I'm trying to verify these things:

- Even though we are in a suite, we will not get any free internet - is this correct? I know we get it on some other lines.

- There is currently a deal where I can get unlimited internet for the 2 weeks for $99.99 - "MedallianNet premium package". I understand that when I sign on to the internet on-board the ship, as a Platinum member I will be given the opportunity to upgrade to more minutes. How does this on-board offer compare to the premium package that I can currently purchase online? Does anyone know the cost and other details when purchasing the upgrade on-board? 

- Where do Suite guests dine for lunch and dinner on the Regal? If I remember correctly, breakfast is in Sabatini's - is that still correct?

- I almost exclusively drink water - do suite occupants have a place to get drinks throughout the day for free, or do I need a drink package?

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Patti

Edited by BellsRUs

3 minutes ago, BellsRUs said:

We will be on the Regal Princess in a suite for 2 weeks in January. We are both platinum Captain's Circle members which means we will get 250 minutes per person internet time. I'm trying to verify these things:

- Even though we are in a suite, we will not get any free internet - is this correct? Correct I know we get it on some other lines.

- There is currently a deal where I can get unlimited internet for the 2 weeks for $99.99 - "MedallianNet premium package". I understand that when I sign on to the internet on-board the ship, as a Platinum member I will be given the opportunity to upgrade to more minutes. How does this on-board offer compare to the premium package that I can currently purchase online? Does anyone know the cost and other details when purchasing the upgrade on-board? 

- Where do Suite guests dine for lunch and dinner on the Regal? You have club class dining for lunch on sea days and all dinners. If I remember correctly, breakfast is in Sabatini's - is that still correct? Yes

- I almost exclusively drink water - do suite occupants have a place to get drinks throughout the day for free, or do I need a drink package? The Royal class ships (including the Regal) have a concierge lounge with coffee, non-alcoholic drinks, snacks, etc.

Thanks for any help you can give me!

Patti

Enjoy your cruise!

just got off the CB and were in a suite.  I prepaid the $99 for unlimited internet.   For some reason, I had to use my 250 elite minutes before I could get the unlimited - which was fine.   The cost for the unlimited was more on the ship.   I would suggest you prepay.   There was a credit of $99 on my portfolio and when I clicked purchase, I was charged for it.  Kind of like laundry - they charge you and then you get a credit the next day.

Just off the Regal 2 weeks ago. Buy the unlimited internet package. Thats a steal for $99. It will be $150 onboard.

I had the unlimited and you can leave it connected 24/7. It works well.  

You will pay for it up front on your credit card pre cruise. Once onboard you will have a letter in your suite with a Voucher code. When you log on there will be a box to input the code. Thats it. 

You won't need to mess with the free Platinum minutes.

You'll also get two bottles of water a day for being in the suite but can prepurchase 12 bottles of water through the Cruise Personalizer for $6.90 which is a deal compared to the by the bottle costs on the ship.  And don't forget that as a suite dweller you can also order lunch and dinner from the main dining room menu through room service.  Just ask your steward to drop off a menu each day.  It's great if you just feel like hanging out in your room (or on your balcony) and enjoying a nice meal while relaxing.  They bring a table cloth and set it all up nicely.  The only problem is that they do bring the whole meal at once, so if you like ice cream for dessert, that's not going to work (unless you put in a second order for dessert).  We always give a tip to room service when we do this by the way.

21 hours ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Just off the Regal 2 weeks ago. Buy the unlimited internet package. Thats a steal for $99. It will be $150 onboard.

You will pay for it up front on your credit card pre cruise. Once onboard you will have a letter in your suite with a Voucher code. When you log on there will be a box to input the code. Thats it. 

Is that per person or cabin or for how many devices?  We will be traveling with two phones and two ipads.

2 minutes ago, Momma Rene said:

Is that per person or cabin or for how many devices?  We will be traveling with two phones and two ipads.

Mine was good for 1 device.

There have been posts where some have received it for 2 devices.

With 1 device......means you can use any device you have but just can't have more than 1 online at the same time.

I can only use 1 at a time.  :classic_biggrin:

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/30/2018 at 4:24 PM, Colo Cruiser said:

If I was to purchase the $99 unlimited minutes woukd BOTH my husband and I be able to use our iPads for unlimited access.

? Right now we get 250 min free each as platinum

We are Platinum & booked on the CB for May 2019.  I was able to purchase the unlimited internet package thru the Cruise Personalizer for only $59.95 each for 2 people.  Amazing bargain, who needs the free minutes anymore!

12 hours ago, beachmets said:

If I was to purchase the $99 unlimited minutes would BOTH my husband and I be able to use our iPads for unlimited access.

? Right now we get 250 min free each as platinum

The $99 is for one device at a time, If you want to both have a device connected at the same time you will each have to purchase a package.

6 hours ago, SDWalt said:

We are Platinum & booked on the CB for May 2019.  I was able to purchase the unlimited internet package thru the Cruise Personalizer for only $59.95 each for 2 people.  Amazing bargain, who needs the free minutes anymore!

That is what Princess is hoping for. Passengers give up a free loyalty benefit in order to spend more $$.

It would still be a benefit if the value of the free minutes was subtracted from the cost of the unlimited package.

I was on the CB last month and have the free internet minutes.  Out of curiosity I went to the internet cafe and asked them what happens when I use up my free minutes.  I was told that I would then purchase the unlimited internet for one device at a time for $9.95/day for the rest of the cruise.  

26 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

I was on the CB last month and have the free internet minutes.  Out of curiosity I went to the internet cafe and asked them what happens when I use up my free minutes.  I was told that I would then purchase the unlimited internet for one device at a time for $9.95/day for the rest of the cruise.  

Thanks for this information!  I was trying to decide if I should buy the package for $99 for my upcoming 14 night cruise.  I know from past experience I can make 250 minutes last 14 days. Cost wise, I think I’ll wait until I run out of minutes and pay the per diem for the remainder of the cruise if “needed”. Thanks again for the info!

14 hours ago, Cruzin Grandma said:

Thanks for this information!  I was trying to decide if I should buy the package for $99 for my upcoming 14 night cruise.  I know from past experience I can make 250 minutes last 14 days. Cost wise, I think I’ll wait until I run out of minutes and pay the per diem for the remainder of the cruise if “needed”. Thanks again for the info!

If your cabinmate is also Platinum/Elite, then he/she also gets 250 minutes, so between the two of you you will have 500 minutes.

• 2 weeks later...

What's up with this $99 price?

When I go to cruise personalizer, the Premium Internet package is $199 for my upcoming cruise of 15 days.   Why are other folks getting 14 days for $99?   And note that for 15 days, $199 is more than the $9.95/day other posters have mentioned when exceeding the Platinum minute allocation.

BTW, both my wife and I are Platinum.  So I assume that we each would get 250 minutes free on our cruise.  Together, that's a bit over 8 hours, right?  Enough for one person for one afternoon!  (Granted, that's for a non-cruising lifestyle; it's harder to type with an umbrella drink in one hand.)

--Marne

Edited by marne-c

On ‎12‎/‎10‎/‎2018 at 6:44 PM, SDWalt said:

We are sailing on the royal in 5 weeks.  I can't find anywhere in my cruise personalizer that allows me to buy unlimited internet.  Only thing available is specific minutes.  Is this something you can do when you arrive on the first day?

10 hours ago, candy4040 said:

We are sailing on the royal in 5 weeks.  I can't find anywhere in my cruise personalizer that allows me to buy unlimited internet.  Only thing available is specific minutes.  Is this something you can do when you arrive on the first day?

Same for all my upcoming cruises.   I was able to purchase the unlimited on the CB a month ago.  I am wondering if the $99 special was because they were still dealing with a few issues with the medallion so they wanted to keep us happy.   They also were giving back minutes to whoever went down and complained that they lost minutes.    

None of my upcoming cruises are on ships that have the medallion.