Is checked baggage put IN cabins or just in the hallway?

Hello! First time on Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas coming up. Do they deliver checked bags to inside the cabin or just leave them in the hall? Im not all about having my bag just being left laying around. Thank you

Any other tips,favs, or watch-outs about this ship are appreciated too:)

2 chill adults, no kids traveling 

8 minutes ago, Usernamesaredumb said:

Hello! First time on Royal Caribbean Brilliance of the Seas coming up. Do they deliver checked bags to inside the cabin or just leave them in the hall? Im not all about having my bag just being left laying around. Thank you

Any other tips,favs, or watch-outs about this ship are appreciated too:)

2 chill adults, no kids traveling 

Sometimes in the hall next to your room, sometimes in the room, sometimes down the hall from the room.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

45 minutes ago, Host Clarea said:

Sometimes in the hall next to your room, sometimes in the room, sometimes down the hall from the room.

Hello,

And sometimes on deck 6 if you are travelling on deck 9!

Regards,

Cublet

• Haha 1

Bags are left outside of the cabin. On a couple of occasions my bag has been in the cabin; probably because steward was either in cabin or close by when bags were delivered ; definitely not the norm. 

Understand that you don’t like the idea, but really no different than leaving with porters.  You should always have a carryon bag with anything of value or medications, etc. with you.  I usually have a change of clothes and toiletries in my carryon just in case bags are not delivered before dinner.  Never had a problem.  

38 minutes ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

So true... we have had to go searching for one or more of our bags.  Very occasionally, if we are out and about, our steward has put the bags on the bed in the cabin... but that doesn't happen very often!

I forgot once, my husbands didn't show up and he went looking for it. He checked in at guest Relations and went back to look at some, but not there, then went back later and there it was. The Tag the porter had put on, came off. Fortunately he had packed a few days worth in his carry on. 

Gay

3 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Yep, sometimes way down the hall.....    Best to keep looking around your hallway once bags start showing up.

• Like 1

For us it's always been in the hall and occasionally the porter will put it in the room.

Except once!...  When Sallie stashed an iron in a suitcase on one of our earlier cruises. I had to go to the :naughty room" to retrieve it.

T

17 minutes ago, 2chiefs said:

For us it's always been in the hall and occasionally the porter will put it in the room.

Except once!...  When Sallie stashed an iron in a suitcase on one of our earlier cruises. I had to go to the :naughty room" to retrieve it.

T

Tsk, tsk Sallie....

4 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

Got that right actually had one of 2 bags 1pm, hour ltr thought walk around and was opposite side of ship off by one upside down number. Been lucky, last 5yrs had my bags always before 2... But only once in 30yrs bags were in cabin...

Edited by ONECRUISER

Mostly left outside the cabin, but have picked up down the hall where they are piling them up for later delivery.  Have also had them brought into the cabin...have also had several brought down to the "naughty room".  😉  (Wire hangers, water bottles...both given intact) 

On the worst cases...have found them on other decks or on other side of the ship.  But worst one was the one we saw floating in the canal heading out to sea one day. Big purple bag trailing a luggage tag.   Yikes!  Fortunately not ours.  😮 I can just imagine how frustrated that passenger ended up being.  

4 hours ago, bearette said:

Most of the time they are outside my room, but a few times the steward will put them in the room for me. The earlier you get on the earlier you get your bags.

Never heard of any correlation between getting your bags based on boarding time. Have been on board very early - like the first group - and not received bags until late afternoon. 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

I have to agree with this, though IME it´s like 95% in outside, 3% inside, 1% down the hall (as for the down the hall thing, I someties pick up my backs down the hall, but that´s just getting my stuff ahead of them delivering it a short while later)

20 hours ago, boscobeans said:

You can always ask you stateroom attendant to put them in your room for you in your absence. He or she should be around especially when the rooms are first ready for you.

The main delivery time is during the break time of the room attendants. They go on break shortly after the cabins become available and turn up again prior to Muster Drill.

20 hours ago, cublet said:

Hello,

Regards,

Cublet

Why we never book deck 6 or deck 9 cabins, even though one of my favorite Hendrix songs is "If 6 Were 9"