Diamond lounges are over capacity and guests are being turned away

4 minutes ago, Andy C said:

Like the thread about Pinnacles diluting and cheapening the Suite experience got locked down.  

To recap - if you book a suite on an Oasis class ship Royal Suite Class that is billed as exclusive is not - if there are a lot of Pinnacles you will be challenged as a suite guest in Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge with lack of availability for meals and seating in the lounge.  

When are you going on Allure

8 hours ago, island lady said:

We are on Oasis now.  Just attended the upper tier at the usual Aqua theater venue.  There are over 400 Ds and over 200 D+.  Not that unusually high.  Blaze is open for overflow.  Timing is everything, so if you go in just after first seating 5:30...there are plenty of seats available.  

Drink vouchers available all over the ship and at many, many bars on this big floating city.  No one is going to go thirsty.  😉  

Hey Pat -- hope we will get seats in the DL around 6:45/7:00 PM when we cruise on Jan. 13, 2019.  Hope you and Bucky are having a great cruise!  

7 minutes ago, Trainer said:

Celebrity is already limiting the 'free'' drinks in the DL to the 3 on your card.  Recent trip on Equinox saw relatively few D and D+ in the Crown Lounge. Most apparently  take their drinks in the bars.

You didn't see any D or D+ because there is no such thing on Celebrity.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Thorben-Hendrik said:

The sky is the sky is falling! 🙄

I think they should eliminate all C+A lounge benefits and use the space for a Taco Bell or  KFC!

Maybe they can let you trade your 3 drink coupons for a combo meal! 👍

1075624583_SerenadeChristmasCruise2013052.thumb.JPG.35928ba17c6e377ed9516febfec49d24.JPG

We love KFC! In Grand Cayman, the chicken that they serve is really fresh! :classic_biggrin:

7 hours ago, twangster said:

Also stop giving kids their parent's status.  Those 'kids' aren't kids anymore.  Now they are in their twenties sucking up my free drinks!

Honestly, do you think twenty year olds are hanging out in the diamond lounge?  They are buying a drink package and are somewhere fun and lively.  I am far from my twenties and find the lounge stuffy and not very inviting.  I also buy the drink package and go in the lounge just to be entertained with the looks from those wondering if I belong and the brave few who actually question me. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, auntiedodo said:

Our D+ friends can’t get into the lounge or the overflow lounge because there are hundreds and hundreds of Diamond and Diamond plus on board, so many there are officers stationed outside to turn people away.  It seems to me it’s time to have Diamonds get their drinks on their cards and have the lounge for D+.  Royal doesn’t seem to have a clue how to resolve the problem!

I don't think Royal is trying to solve your problem.  Royal solved the problem when the coupons were added to the seapass card.  

2 hours ago, Trainer said:

Of course not, but the Elite level is equivalent to D and therefore can be compared to them.  Don't be pedantic.

And actually, Elite status is conferred on Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle C&A members. 

9 hours ago, cruisinghawg said:

Well it is definitely larger than Harmony and any of the Freedom class hips. Perhaps you are not including the deck 12 portion?

Don't know about Harmony as I haven't sailed her yet, and after 6 cruises on Allure & Oasis never seen the 12th deck used. As a matter of fact, even with kids in the DL, the lounge(s) were pretty empty and this was in the 5-6PM time frame.

Also, only been on the Freedom class once, prior to gaining D status--if it's anything like the Voyager class the overflow to the VCL  IMHO makes it larger than the 11 & 12th deck combined.

14 hours ago, cruisegirl1 said:

Well that will certainly end the complaining about crowds!

Doesn't anyone get it.  RCCL is not interested in loyal passengers who suck up free  cheap drinks - RCCL is going after first  time  cruisers who buy the drink package,  buy  ship excursions,  buy photos,  buy specialty dining packages, buy   trinkets etc.  

I am sure we will see a decrease in loyalty benefits across the levels.  In fact the D+ BOGO  first night dining  is often  worthless as a benefit.  I bought a First Night Done Right ( that was available to all passengers) and our first night specialty dining will be  less than if we used the D+ BOGO voucher.

You could have used the D+ coupon the 2nd nite that is not available to everyone.  Also, today's benefits are much better than they were some years ago.  If you remember, the only alcoholic drink  you got was some cheap wine and a bowl of peanuts/pretzels.  The only thing that I missis the gift awaiting in our cabin.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, xpcdoojk said:

My wife would be thrilled to hear that.  We couldn’t get Savingnon Blanc in the DL or CL on the Ovation in 2017 (except a couple of times when the concierge snuck some in) on the Radiance in September 2018 or the Symphony November 2018.  

JC

I was actually on my computer in my cabin when I typed that.  The free glass of SB was from one of the three complimentary bottles they delivered to the cabin.  😉 

13 hours ago, twangster said:

Sauvignon Blanc?  Oh I wish!  Getting tired of Pinot Grigio.  

Actually there IS an SB on the happy hour list called "Beach Time" or something...but it's horrible.  Pinot Grigio in the lounge is a bit better, that is what I have when I am in there.  

13 hours ago, frank808 said:

Agree that that is about norm for oasis class.  Lucky they opened up blazes as allure last month did not have overflow and the numbers were about the same.

There are also currently 61 Pinnacles on board...was 59...but two more were awarded at the upper tier party.  

10 hours ago, John&LaLa said:

I loved the old DL.  You can actually watch the promenade parade from that location on Harmony 

But no drinky=poos served in there during cocktail hour when it was there... cocktails served in Blaze.  Which worked well for more space of course...and is being used as DL overflow this week.  

9 hours ago, frank808 said:

Alaska cruise early July I think there were less than 60 d and d+ members (no P present) on board.  Was the emptiest I have EVER seen a d lounge.  Felt sorry for the 3 servers up there every night as barely 15 people in the lounge at 5pm.  Got to know servers very well and was actually able to meet and talk with every d and d+ member in lounge every evening.

It actually was more crowded in lounge during the day than at happy hour.

Yeah, same with us.  We spent all of our time in the CL on Radiance (actually like that lounge better than the DL on Radiance series anyway) since the DL was empty.   Agree...felt sorry for the concierge and servers in that lounge.  We were one of the top cruisers with just over 350 points on that one.  One lone Pinnacle beat us out for #1 spot.  Love Alaska cruises!!  

9 hours ago, maggieq said:

We used to enjoy the diamond and concierge lounges  (when d+ were allowed in).  We have bought the drink package for the last two years.  It’s a really nice perk, don’t get me wrong, but it’s just not worth it for us anymore.  We have found the celebrity lounges better experiences, although I understand the times and number of days don’t mirror Rccl’s offering.   I also understand there are many more loyalty members on Rccl. 

D+ still allowed in on ships that still have a CL.  

9 hours ago, Andy C said:

Like the thread about Pinnacles diluting and cheapening the Suite experience got locked down.  

To recap - if you book a suite on an Oasis class ship Royal Suite Class that is billed as exclusive is not - if there are a lot of Pinnacles you will be challenged as a suite guest in Coastal Kitchen and the Suite Lounge with lack of availability for meals and seating in the lounge.  

I am not having any problems at all.  Great conversations going on each evening with Pinnie friends each day/night.  Enjoyed seated for dinner with some of them also.  There are currently 61 Pinnacles on board, have not seen any of them challenging me for anything.  No problems getting a seat in the SL or dinner/breakfast/lunch seating.  Felt very welcomed.