Who is your Favorite NCL Entertainer, and Why?

CruiseGal999

I have to say ... Justin Golan ... Piano Player/Entertainer/Beatboxer ... on NCL Gem.  

Why?  His talent goes far beyond being a 'lounge' piano player.  Justin meets and greets everyone in the room ... the Atrium or Magnums or wherever they have him performing.  He has personality and charm oozing out of every pore. His comedy is better than the ship's hired comedians.  

Justin, unlike most every other piano player on any cruise ship, will ask for and take song recommendations.  He works harder than anyone I've ever known, at his ripe old age of 27.  Justin really cares that the guests are enjoying their time with him ... it is important to him that the guests get the most for their cruising $$$.

If you have sailed with Justin, you know how amazing he is.   Justin has 1 show left in NY this December ... the details in the link below.  

https://www.purplepass.com/?fbclid=IwAR3X8zco1cXZ4geJTQeRs0106pdcn6BQuicsUeNQMdJQR5XNdwdCnRwZStY#179206/The_Duplex-Justin_Golan_Live!-The_Duplex_Cabaret_Theatre-December-16-2018.html

Edited by CruiseGal999

I like Bernie the guitar player/singer.  I have seen him on the Jewel and most recently on the Breakaway last month.  He is just an okay singer but a really good guitar player.  When we saw him on the Breakaway he was all over the ship.  We first saw him playing background music in the Manhattan MDR then later listened to him in the various lounges throughout our cruise.  

29 minutes ago, seemoreroyals said:

I like Bernie the guitar player/singer.  I have seen him on the Jewel and most recently on the Breakaway last month.  He is just an okay singer but a really good guitar player.  When we saw him on the Breakaway he was all over the ship.  We first saw him playing background music in the Manhattan MDR then later listened to him in the various lounges throughout our cruise.  

Also wanted to add that Bernie has a very dry sense of humor.  When we first saw him we didn't like him that much.  But now we find him both funny and entertaining.  I remember after one of his songs one of the people listening started clapping louder than the rest of us and Bernie said " I guess I am your favorite performer you have ever heard".  The lady replied "You are okay but not quite as good as Rondon".  I forget how Bernie handled it but whatever he said it was funny. 

1 hour ago, MAMA "B" said:

Absolutely the best is LEO from the Gem.  You have to hear him sing "Halleluiah!!.

He packed the lounge every night!!😃

Leo was the BEST! If youre into Rock he plays a mean guitar! "Spent" New Years eve with him one cruise.

• Thanks 1

9 hours ago, vpearlkc said:

Arvin & Emily. Hope they are still on Breakaway in 11 days when we sail. I have a feeling they will be home in Philippines with family for Christmas though,

Sorry to tell you, but after the Breakaway repo cruise from NY to NOL, Emily has 'retired'...

Hubby Arvin will continue as a solo performer.

They will probably look for another duet to replace Arvin & Emily as the primary atrium entertainer's.

I would have to nominate T Scott Ross, who play's "Lonnie" on the Breakaway's rendition of "Rock of Ages"....great entertainer as both an actor and musician...and really a hoot in the Syd Norman's Pour House, when he and  a couple of other performer's from that show sit in with the regular "Guilty Pleasure" house band...

That's him next to the keyboard player in this video

45 minutes ago, bob brown said:

Sorry to tell you, but after the Breakaway repo cruise from NY to NOL, Emily has 'retired'...

Hubby Arvin will continue as a solo performer.

They will probably look for another duet to replace Arvin & Emily as the primary atrium entertainer's.

How about Bob and Arzeena?:classic_tongue:

Are you going on 1/6 cruise?

Edited by Arzeena
  • Haha 1

I have to give my vote to Jim Badger who I believe is currently on Bliss in district Brewhouse and I hope is still there for my Jan 19 cruise. We saw him on our Pearl Alaska cruise 2 years ago and were blown away by his singing, piano playing, extensive repertoire for all ages, and his great sense of humor! He can really "work" a crowd with his caustic and playful humor and sense of timing. Do not miss him if you have the chance to enjoy his entertainment.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Arzeena said:

How about Bob and Arzeena?:classic_tongue:

Are you going on 1/6 cruise?

Bob and Arzeena? .....I'm game...but...what would RJ have to say about that?:classic_biggrin:

I guess you are forgetting...I'll be on the Insignia from 11 January until 11 June....:classic_wink:

Orly on NCL Escape!  Amazing guitarist, does a mean Carlos Santana.  We stalked him this summer during out cruise to Bermuda.  Also, Jim in District Brew House on the Bliss - he was hysterical!  I see Hrhbob posted info about Jim. I also have liked the Howl at the Moon crew but cannot remember any names.

Edited by RunBikeCruiseDC

On 12/4/2018 at 10:25 PM, CruiseGal999 said:

I have to say ... Justin Golan ... Piano Player/Entertainer/Beatboxer ... on NCL Gem.  

Why?  His talent goes far beyond being a 'lounge' piano player.  Justin meets and greets everyone in the room ... the Atrium or Magnums or wherever they have him performing.  He has personality and charm oozing out of every pore. His comedy is better than the ship's hired comedians.  

Justin, unlike most every other piano player on any cruise ship, will ask for and take song recommendations.  He works harder than anyone I've ever known, at his ripe old age of 27.  Justin really cares that the guests are enjoying their time with him ... it is important to him that the guests get the most for their cruising $$$.

If you have sailed with Justin, you know how amazing he is.   Justin has 1 show left in NY this December ... the details in the link below.  

https://www.purplepass.com/?fbclid=IwAR3X8zco1cXZ4geJTQeRs0106pdcn6BQuicsUeNQMdJQR5XNdwdCnRwZStY#179206/The_Duplex-Justin_Golan_Live!-The_Duplex_Cabaret_Theatre-December-16-2018.html

My interaction with Justin was quite the opposite. It seemed to me that he was working the room in an attempt  to get people to buy have shots. He seemed uninterested in singing complete songs that people requested and kept saying that he could not wait to get off the ship! 

My favs are always the Howl at the Moon guys to be honest.  That is my favorite show to go to for late nights by far.

As far as theatre entertainment, I would my favorites have been For The Record: The Brat Pack and Legends in Concert (the Adele was so spot on for Adele).