Cabin Assignment....

cruzdude1

We will be sailing 12/09/18. We booked a guarantee Sunset Veranda, an as recently as last wee we were told there was a 90% chance we would get that type of room. Like the stock market recently thigs are not looking good. We were "upgraded" to a concierge veranda on deck 10. 😪

I called Celebrity to confirm and check on any other availability, they quoted me $1200 pp to "upgrade" from concierge to Aqua class. 

Safe travels and see you all Sunday! First stop Martini Bar. I will be that guy. Either the friendliest most outgoing guy you've met, or that guy that you wish would be quiet... for at least a minute. 

2 hours ago, cruzdude1 said:

We will be sailing 12/09/18. We booked a guarantee Sunset Veranda, an as recently as last wee we were told there was a 90% chance we would get that type of room. Like the stock market recently thigs are not looking good. We were "upgraded" to a concierge veranda on deck 10. 😪

I called Celebrity to confirm and check on any other availability, they quoted me $1200 pp to "upgrade" from concierge to Aqua class. 

Safe travels and see you all Sunday! First stop Martini Bar. I will be that guy. Either the friendliest most outgoing guy you've met, or that guy that you wish would be quiet... for at least a minute. 

The same thing happened to another couple on the Dec. 9 sailing who had a Sunset verandah guarantee and were also given a Concierge cabin yesterday.

The guarantee is for that level of accommodation or above. Unless their is a difference in the room size, I don’t see concierge as an upgrade. I can get my shoes shined. ( Nike’s or flip flops?)

The crusie line certainly knows how many sunset verandas they have available at the time you book. 

I understand that a GTY cabin can be any cabin equal or "better" than what you have booked.  When booking an Aft Cabin like an SV the main reason is for the view off the back of the ship.  The only categories with the Aft view are Sky Suites and Sunset Verandas.  I too would be very disappointed if I didn't get that view plus the verandas in Concierge are quite a bit smaller than the SV verandas.  Have you checked if any S-1 Aft cabins are available?  That would be the only upgrade that makes sense to me.  

Was there an option to choose your cabin when you booked?  If not it is even more likely none were available when you booked and this was a way for X to get a guaranteed booking even though they likely knew you'd be assigned a Concierge since they are considered an upgrade.  Oftentimes an SV can be more expensive that than a Concierge.

PS - I will also make a note to NEVER book an SV Guarantee

PPS - Just looked at the 12/9 sailing and there are 7 Aqua cabins on Deck 9.  That is probably the only cabin I'd accept since at least you'd get Blu and the Thermal Suites included.  Get your TA to fight for this.

Edited by RICCruisers

Thanks. I booked directly with Celebrity.  No way do I feel like I was upgraded.  Great marketing. I wish I knew the total number of sunset verandas versus the number of customers that booked guaranteed sunset veranda.  

Like I said, the guarantee is for that or an upgrade. To sell someone this when you already have exceeded capacity is dubious at best. 

Fool me once....

Called Celebrity again. I asked if there were any aft cabins available, I was initially told they had C-1 cabins available in the aft section of the ship, but I would have to pay for that. I asked how much and when the  representative came back she told me there were none available. 

Priority embarkation 

afternoon savory

robes to use not to keep

cotton towels

pillow menu

a bottle of sparkling wine (I have premium drink package)

tote bag

use of umbrella and binoculars 

free shoe shine

Edited by cruzdude1

4 minutes ago, cruzdude1 said:

Priority embarkation 

afternoon savory

robes to use not to keep

cotton towels

pillow menu

a bottle of sparkling wine (I have premium drink package)

tote bag

use of umbrella and binoculars 

free shoe shine

If towels in other cabins are not cotton what would they be?  I thought all towels are cotton.:classic_unsure:

On 12/6/2018 at 11:44 PM, caroak said:

If towels in other cabins are not cotton what would they be?  I thought all towels are cotton.:classic_unsure:

When Celebrity came out with Concierge Class the towels were Egyptian cotton. They were real nice light green towels.

On 12/7/2018 at 7:07 AM, RICCruisers said:

Just looked at deck plans for Edge one more time. Aft C-1’s do not exist. The only Aft View cabins are S-1 and SV. 

I suspect they are talking about the C3 cabins on 11 and 12 that are to the aft of the back elevator. They might think of anything after the rear elevator as "aft" versus a sunset veranda. If that is the case.. watch out because while there are a lot of C3 cabins in that area.... there are also C3 cabins on either side of the MC... which I dont believe is desirable.  I wouldn't use Aft in talking with them... you want a "sunset veranda" SV

2 hours ago, cruzdude1 said:

I hate to put this here but after an hourlong if searching.....why do I have to sign in every time I come to this site? I keep looking for a “remember me” button

I am getting this constantly for my roll call..and posted and inquiry someplace on a cruise critic help board..very frustrating!

30 minutes ago, kearney said:

I suspect they are talking about the C3 cabins on 11 and 12 that are to the aft of the back elevator. They might think of anything after the rear elevator as "aft" versus a sunset veranda. If that is the case.. watch out because while there are a lot of C3 cabins in that area.... there are also C3 cabins on either side of the MC... which I dont believe is desirable.  I wouldn't use Aft in talking with them... you want a "sunset veranda" SV

I doubt there will ever be a Sunset Veranda available as a guarantee,

There are not many of them and they book quickly...and are pricey!

They will be  more difficult to get now that the Enclosed verandas are not getting great reviews,.  

25 minutes ago, hcat said:

I doubt there will ever be a Sunset Veranda available as a guarantee,

There are not many of them and they book quickly...and are pricey!

They will be  more difficult to get now that the Enclosed verandas are not getting great reviews,.  

I think these have become the most popular category. I would not be surprised if the raised it relative to other veranda cabins... technically an SV is lower grade than E4.... and E4s overlook lifeboats and davits in many cases... or next to MC on deck 6, 7 and 8. By comments I would make them equal to E1 at least. I think they need to rethink classifications on cabins next to MC and with davits... perhaps an E5.  May have to add to that cabins next to jut out areas... need to see if that bugs people. Kinda interesting to learn along with the cruise line.

2 hours ago, bigbenboys said:

When Celebrity came out with Concierge Class the towels were Egyptian cotton. They were real nice light green towels.

Oh...I think they took those away from AQ class..We had them a few times ..loved them...and then we had some really ripped scratchy white ones!

46 minutes ago, kearney said:

I think these have become the most popular category. I would not be surprised if the raised it relative to other veranda cabins... technically an SV is lower grade than E4.... and E4s overlook lifeboats and davits in many cases... or next to MC on deck 6, 7 and 8. By comments I would make them equal to E1 at least. I think they need to rethink classifications on cabins next to MC and with davits... perhaps an E5.  May have to add to that cabins next to jut out areas... need to see if that bugs people. Kinda interesting to learn along with the cruise line.

We paid more than any other veranda category ( other than AQ and Concierge) for our SV when we booked.,,quite a bit more!

14 minutes ago, hcat said:

We paid more than any other veranda category ( other than AQ and Concierge) for our SV when we booked.,,quite a bit more!

Really, I was looking at cruise.com.... have been for quite a while and VS have been less expensive than E4. It is hard to tell on celebrity site since they don't show prices by category. April 7 they have a price for SV of $2529/pp vs E4 $2624/pp 1B and 1A are just slightly less $2434, $2479. I have found this pattern on other sailings..

I am not that versed in cabins and prices...we always book AQ class as we did for 1/2019...

AQ  prices were very high for our Nov cruise, and we wanted a real balcony ,so we decided to try the SV.. we did not book early so maybe that explains the price or the length of the cruise.....It's an 8 night ABC cruise..very popular,

Where are the E 4 cabins located?