Princess beverage package

Wonder18

A word of caution about the Premium Drink Package (we were on the Island Princess). The PDP includes free water bottles from the bars/lounges but not the water bottles in your room (Princess adds a charge to those). There's an attached note explaining the policy and if the room steward sees one opened you will be charged - even if you replace it later.  Makes no sense. 

31 minutes ago, Comex said:

A word of caution about the Premium Drink Package (we were on the Island Princess). The PDP includes free water bottles from the bars/lounges but not the water bottles in your room (Princess adds a charge to those). There's an attached note explaining the policy and if the room steward sees one opened you will be charged - even if you replace it later.  Makes no sense. 

Makes sense. Room Service, including the water bottles from housekeeping, is excluded from the package. 

2 hours ago, Comex said:

1 minute ago, bemis12 said:

No, large ones are not covered by the PBP

Comex, I bet it makes more sense now.  

As far as I know (except for all inclusive cruise lines), room service and mini bar beverages are not included in the extra cost packages.  I think that is to discourage consumption by others without a package.

Some years ago, Celebrity did a trail run on one ship, allowing the mini bar to be included.  Some people were taking the mini bottles home and it was a failure.

I get it when cruise lines have policies in place to control abuses. I was merely saying that if I replaced the water myself (from my PDP "free" water obtained at the lounge/bar) not by using room service or asking the cabin steward to do so, there shouldn't be an extra charge. The amount of refreshment in our cabin remained the same as it was stocked on day one.  

Anyway, guest services seemed to agree with me. 

Milkshakes can be had at Swirls next to the Lotus Pool, deck 14.

57 minutes ago, bemis12 said:

No, large ones are not covered by the PBP

Large bottles are covered if dining in a specialty restaurant.

• If dining at a specialty dining venue, a large bottle of water (one liter) of still or sparkling is covered by the package.

3 minutes ago, Ep010835 said:

Anyine know if this also the case at Coffee and Cones on those ships that don’t have Swirls?

I did not see any shakes on the Crown last month but I really wasn't looking for them but I don't recall anyone around the pool with shakes either

4 hours ago, Comex said:

I get it when cruise lines have policies in place to control abuses. I was merely saying that if I replaced the water myself (from my PDP "free" water obtained at the lounge/bar) not by using room service or asking the cabin steward to do so, there shouldn't be an extra charge. The amount of refreshment in our cabin remained the same as it was stocked on day one.  

Anyway, guest services seemed to agree with me. 

Milkshakes can be had at Swirls next to the Lotus Pool, deck 14.

Really?  Princess had a small bottle of water in your cabin for purchase?

I have always seen the large bottles, which are not covered My the Premium package.  Perhaps Princess is making a change or I am just mistaken.

Edited by jagoffee

We had the PBP on our last cruise we were able to get bottled water at every bar which we did, My husband used a bottle from the room and we were charged... we replaced it from the bar and our steward removed the charge without asking

I have a question on the Unlimited Soda and More Package.  For the type of drinks included, can you use it at Specialty restaurants and the bars if they serve that same type of drink?  Is Sparkling water covered in those specialty restaurants?  I am referring to the Italian and Crown Grill on the Grand.

Thanks Bemis.  When you said one large water, if there are 4 persons who have the Unlimited Soda and More Package, does that mean one large sparkling water per person or is it only one for everyone?

Edited by Almighty188

1 hour ago, Almighty188 said:

I have a question on the Unlimited Soda and More Package.  For the type of drinks included, can you use it at Specialty restaurants and the bars if they serve that same type of drink?  Is Sparkling water covered in those specialty restaurants?  I am referring to the Italian and Crown Grill on the Grand.

If the specialty restaurant has access to fountain sodas, mocktails, juices and hot chocolate then you can use the package. Most do have access to at least some of these items. Bottled sparkling water is not covered, but you can get fountain seltzer.

Sabatini's is right next to the Wheelhouse Bar. The Crown Grill is near Crooner's.