How was EDGE shopping?

hcat

I only shopped in the logo store and it was very expensive. I ended up buying an Edge t-shirt for $55 to wear with my Edge hat in January. It was either that or the ship model - decided I couldn't wear that. 😉

One thing I liked was that the salespeople were not aggressive as I've seen recently on other ships (standing in the hallway and trying to lure you into their stores). In fact, I had very pleasant conversations with some of the people who were outside their stores about the ship or art on the ship. I especially liked the Cartier guy - every time he was out I stopped and chatted about the Faceless people and the ship in general. Of course, my stopping had nothing to do with him looking like Matt Damon. 😉

The Spa people were amazingly non-commercial, in my experience. They were so friendly and not pushy. I had purchased a two-day Thermal Suite pass on my first cruise and only used it for one day. When I came back for my 3rd cruise to ask if they had any 1 day passes available for the Thermal Suite, one of the people was asking about my injuries and Luke (? manager) was there - he remembered me from two cruises before and said that I could come back the next day for free, since I never used the second day on the first cruise.  They were so nice there!

Some stuff from the To The Edge store:

image.thumb.png.3f566d6f7ac20a946c1adcd184f44700.png

image.thumb.png.0f4be3d12edb0a0636ebc02b2aa6e9eb.png

image.thumb.png.ba397cebd35652b4e38e00f07d7ab1ad.png

image.thumb.png.af69fe074dc34d273c81cf50e8e0f5b2.png

image.thumb.png.3c8c9e5c4dff9ab29cc59121dfb59ac8.png

image.thumb.png.f8072efb84b2baa91cec1839d2aeaecd.png

3 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Oh dear! I hope I don't react!  It is beautiful material! 🙂

You won't...as mentioned in all the mattress discussions, I  am very sensitive to fabrics,,,:Yet I can eat every kind of  food on earth! Happy for that...

Will be happy with a plain tee shirt, new handbag, small piece of art, gift for grandson..I will make my contribution  to the shops!

1 minute ago, hcat said:

You won't...as mentioned in all the mattress discussions, I  am very sensitive to fabrics,,,:Yet I can eat every kind of  food on earth! Happy for that...

Will be happy with a plain tee shirt, new handbag, small piece of art, gift for grandson..I will make my contribution  to the shops!

That's good that you can eat what you want - the food was so good on the Edge! I was very impressed. Hope it stays that high level after the execs leave.... 😉

The perfume store is less than half the size of the one on S class ships. The logo store is also about half the size of the S class. There are no items for children. No souvenirs, no teddy bears no “my grandma went on the edge and all I got was this T-shirt” kinda of things.  No keychains, no magnets, no Christmas ornaments.Unless there’s another store I haven’t found yet. The stores are arranged a bit differently. The Tiffany store is completely separate from all the others, so perhaps there is another store I have a contact with some lower end items.

11 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

The perfume store is less than half the size of the one on S class ships. The logo store is also about half the size of the S class. There are no items for children. No souvenirs, no teddy bears no “my grandma went on the edge and all I got was this T-shirt” kinda of things.  No keychains, no magnets, no Christmas ornaments.Unless there’s another store I haven’t found yet. The stores are arranged a bit differently. The Tiffany store is completely separate from all the others, so perhaps there is another store I have a contact with some lower end items.

Oh no...part of the fun is buying for our grandson. He loves the little cruise book they sell ( sold),  little ships and knows about our upcoming cruise.  He usually gets a tee shirt from the ship,  and  a  representative stuffed animal from each port.

9 hours ago, cruisestitch said:

Gee, is this the mall?  Watch-selling kiosk outside Cafe al Bacio

6C973232-BCD5-49A0-9F40-4F22195C7BAD.jpeg

NO...is that true? That would be.too much like a local mall or flea market.

Cart would be great for gelato at Cafe Baccio ..like they have on the streets in Rome!

Or for snacks at the Retreat or Rooftop...Vt..claim your prize!

52 minutes ago, hcat said:

NO...is that true? That would be.too much like a local mall or flea market.

Cart would be great for gelato at Cafe Baccio ..like they have on the streets in Rome!

Or for snacks at the Retreat or Rooftop...Vt..claim your prize!

I forgot to say that when my DH asked about gelato, he was told that a guy would be selling it in the Grand Plaza at times from a cart. We never saw the cart, but maybe they will bring it out eventually (wihen the hippie van arrives 😉).

Yes, that cart man hangs out around there - he's very friendly and harmless. I would just say hi and move along. He had some other stuff too. A lot of the time, the cart sat there without him. Nothing to see here...🙂

Edited by vtcruising