Was it just us? No debarkation info provided

gooch47

Just got off the Breakaway last Thursday.  We didn't see one single piece of information on debarkation procedures.  Nothing in the Latitudes thingy, no other paperwork, couldn't find anything on TV.  Since we've cruise with NCL many times we knew what to do, but what about newbies?  Was our Cabin Steward to blame?

• Like 1

We were on the Breakaway last month and the steward delivered us the standard 'You'll be leaving us soon....' paper to our room.   Strange your steward didn't leave you one. 

Big difference from the 'old' days where someone in the cabin had to go to a special meeting about debarkation. 

54 minutes ago, gooch47 said:

Yes, we know.  We finally saw stuff on the Atrium big screen ... as we were leaving the ship.  We looked on the TV.  We got absolutely no paperwork.  It was really weird.

Wow, I think that's super-weird.  Just got off the Bliss on Dec 1st and received the debarkation info in the stateroom at turndown Night 6.  I actually hate getting that paperwork.  It's awful.  It sucks. It means it's almost over.  So yeah, that's weird, and you're right, it must have been far more awful for newbies as debarkation can be confusing anyway, even for the veteran cruisers.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, gooch47 said:

Just got off the Breakaway last Thursday.  We didn't see one single piece of information on debarkation procedures.  Nothing in the Latitudes thingy, no other paperwork, couldn't find anything on TV.  Since we've cruise with NCL many times we knew what to do, but what about newbies?  Was our Cabin Steward to blame?

On Night 6, you should have got the "You Will Be Leaving Us Soon" flyer. Cabin steward should have added it to your nightly information. 

My cabin steward on the Breakaway did not leave the "soon you'll be leaving" information. I noticed the luggage tags when I went to get coffee in the Atrium. The only tags I could get were  way too late for my private tour and I had no other information. It was a mess.

No, we should have but didn't report it.  My husband questioned our steward the last night about specific things like when to put out luggage, breakfast times, etc.  but didn't mention we hadn't received any information beforehand. 

13 minutes ago, shof515 said:

It might be due to the fact the breakaway is new at NOLA at a terminal that might be new for NCL. Maybe they did not print out a flyer if they are still tweaking the information. 

We were on the first Breakaway out of NOLA and they had the debarkation information for us.  Our embarkation was somewhat confused but debarkation seemed normal. 

2 hours ago, oracer said:

We are going out on the Breakaway next month.   We have a flight at 11:00am, when would suggest that we get off the boat?   7am?  8am?   Can we request the time?

You choose the time you would like to disembark, just pick up the corresponding luggage tags which are left out by the front desk/atrium.  They replenish them throughout the day, but don't wait too long as they often run out of the earlier times.

On 12/11/2018 at 9:02 AM, oracer said:

We are going out on the Breakaway next month.   We have a flight at 11:00am, when would suggest that we get off the boat?   7am?  8am?   Can we request the time?

Walk off with luggage started at 7:15, suites claiming luggage left at around 8:15 or 8:30 and had to wait 20 to 30 minutes before we could go get our luggage.  Rest of the ship came shortly after we got luggage and from what someone told me it took forever.  I would leave as early as you can and carry off your luggage if you can.

We were just on the Sun and did not receive any debarkation information in our room. Our friends (on another floor) hadn't received anything either.  We went to the front desk to ask questions about what times and locations would be open for breakfast, what time to set out luggage, and what time to be out of stateroom. The agents at the desk weren't sure, had to ask each other and generally didn't seem to be confident of their answers. We asked why this information wasn't given out. The agents told us we were given the information; that a information sheet was given out the night before in our stateroom. Finally after much discussion, the front desk handed us the information sheet (which, by the way, had slightly different information then what they had been telling us). Why did they not hand us the paper when we initially asked, I'll never know. But they still argued that we had received it. Training regarding customer care is definitely in order! 

We just got off Breakaway on Thursday, 12/16.  We received the "You'll be leaving us soon" info on Tuesday.  Our Platinum Plus luggage tags were not included so I went to GR and asked for them.  They were handed over without even a glance at my sea pass so apparently anyone can ask for and receive them.