Princess website still down?

CanICruiseSoonPlease

If you can access a website on one device but not another, you most likely are having a problem with your device (computer/smart phone etc) and need to clean out the browser or even reboot the device.  The other option is that they have changed some of their code and your device/browser has a problem with the change.  In that case always try another browser like chrome, firefox or IE.  I have had cases where chrome could not handle the changes but IE could. 

13 minutes ago, satxdiver said:

If you can access a website on one device but not another, you most likely are having a problem with your device (computer/smart phone etc) and need to clean out the browser or even reboot the device.  The other option is that they have changed some of their code and your device/browser has a problem with the change.  In that case always try another browser like chrome, firefox or IE.  I have had cases where chrome could not handle the changes but IE could. 

That is exactly what happened to me.  Chrome still showing tech.difficulties, but got in easily on Edge and IE.

Pooh

Chrome tends to push the envelope as far as website security goes. They have made a lot of changes recently and website owners have been scrambling to keep up.

You may need to refresh your browser, clear history, cookies etc. You may even be running an older version of Chrome, Firefox, etc. Check for browser updates, which should always be kept up to date anyway.

Edited by TriumphGuy

Webpages are designed according to the latest industry standard and release to be used by any device or browser.  The browser and device creators then design their browser/device to handle the standardized code used by the web designer.  Problem appears when the standard code used by everyone changes in some small way usually to correct a problem or add new features.  The web designer uses those changes but sometimes the browser/device folks do not all make the change.   The other problem already mentioned that one must keep their browser and devices up to date with the latest standard.  Browsers remember a lot of details in their cache and use these details unbeknownst to the user when accessing a webpage.  Always flush your browser cache so that it has to recreate the cache.  The reason they keep the cache is so that when you look at the same webpage again, the browser can bring it up faster.  

47 minutes ago, Rocking Waves said:

I still can't get past the 'technical difficulties' page on my computer.  Cell phone seems ok.  Any suggestions to fix?  Have done my computer updates and restart but didn't help.  everything else seems to be working ok.

What browser are you using? I was using Chrome then someone on the boards recommended IE and when I switched to that I have no problems now.

I’ve had a problem intermittently on both iPad and Mac book air for a couple of weeks. To the point that my iPad is mostly useless for Princess.  So annoying. I downloaded Microsoft Edge search engine and now my iPad works with the website again

Edited by HaveDogWillTravel

I just found that microsoft edge (new IE) works better on the Princess website than chrome and to my surprise has the old planner format.  The new fancy planner format takes too long to load on my desktop maybe due to my slower internet speed (20+ mbps) and I can do without the graphics.  

Edited by satxdiver

It is sounding to me that the folks who are experiencing issues are Apple product users.  I'm interested to know if any PC users are experiencing problems.  How about it - would those experiencing problems let us know what hardware you are using (Apple or PC?)

P.S. I have been using IE on a PC and didn't even know others were having a problem until I saw this thread.  I've been in and out of my personalizer many times since Saturday.

On 12/9/2018 at 4:41 PM, TriumphGuy said:

There was a notice yesterday that parts of the site would be unavailable from 8am (pst) to 11pm today (Sunday 12/9) due to site maintenance.

Parts of the site are still unavailable to me.  “Sorry for the inconvenience...”.  I’m on my iPad and haven’t attempted to get on on any other device.

28 minutes ago, Daniel A said:

P.S. I have been using IE on a PC and didn't even know others were having a problem until I saw this thread.  I've been in and out of my personalizer many times since Saturday.

The only problem I’ve found this morning is in pricing specific cruises.  Some work, some don’t.  I’ve had no problem getting into my personalizer.  As I mentioned above, I am on an iPad.  Perhaps all will soon be fixed!