All Inclusive Beach Excursion

Preacherman46

28 minutes ago, Preacherman46 said:

Have not done a beach before. I assume that we take our stuff in a back pack. Can someone tell us if it will be safe sitting on our beach chair?

I guess it depends on what "stuff" you've got in there.

Personally, I don't take anything of value on a water excursion that I can't carry on my person.  Ship's cards & driver's licenses can get wet (as can cash and credit cards).  My husband carries his in a pocket in his swim trunks.  I use a time honored place of concealment for ladies.  

Waterproof camera strap remains on my wrist.  

If someone's interested in my sunblock & beach towels, I guess they're welcome to them.

Please come back and tell us which port, which beach you're considering.    I can't think of too many beach locations in the world that it would be safe to leave your belongings unless they had lockers.   

5 minutes ago, Kartgv said:

Please come back and tell us which port, which beach you're considering.    I can't think of too many beach locations in the world that it would be safe to leave your belongings unless they had lockers.   

At Falmouth, Blue Waters Beach Exclursion

At Roatan, Myan Princess Resort Beach Excape

We shouldn't take cell phones then.

If it's mainly a cell phone you're worried about, check Amazon for a 'waterproof pouch' that fastens around your waist.   There are many different ones, different sizes and most work well as long as you follow the directions carefully in sealing the pouch.   Someone else may come along and have specific information about these beach facilities.    

We've never had issues but also don't take much that's expensive.  I do usually have my phone for taking pictures and don't generally take it in the water - it's a calculated risk.

The one thing I am a little concerned about after reading these boards are my Epi-pens. I need to have them with me in case of allergic reaction, but didn't figure the salt water would be good for them (plus probably too big for DH swim trunks).  What do others do with medications?

Your clothes, sunscreen, book, towels...will be fine while you're in the water.

Your credit card, cash, and ship's room key can get wet...put them in a velcro pocket on swim trunks, or buy a little storage thing you can wear into the water.  Do NOT bring anything of value to the beach.  I would put my epi-pen under my clothes, on my towels, under my book or flip flops while I'm in the water.  

Your never THAT far from your "spot" on the beach...just keep an eye on your stuff...and make acquaintance with your beach neighbors....most folks will help keep an eye on each others stuff.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Kartgv said:

If it's mainly a cell phone you're worried about, check Amazon for a 'waterproof pouch' that fastens around your waist.   There are many different ones, different sizes and most work well as long as you follow the directions carefully in sealing the pouch.   Someone else may come along and have specific information about these beach facilities.    

How many people REALLY need to bring their cell phone with them when on a trip to a beach?  It’s good to “cut the cord” every now and then.

My opinion only

Trust no one anywhere except family. Even then,,, sometimes.

If you take the ships towels and they gets stolen or misplaced, you'll get charged up to $25 each.

If it's just my wife and I, one of us stays near our stuff. If we both wonder off, we don't go far.

Maybe we make friends with our beach neighbors and then make a decision to risk our potential losses.

It's all risk vs. reward

We frequently go to the beach whilst on a Caribbean cruise.  We've never had an issue leaving stuff while in the water or taking a stroll.  Pretty much all of time there is someone in the next chair also from a cruise ship and  a potential thief would probably be put off knowing those folks in the next chair know whose belongings those are.  To be on the safe side, just do't bring anything valuable with you.