Breakfast in a dining room

caribill

2 hours ago, satxdiver said:

One correction is that lunch in the MDR is only on sea days and never on port days on any Princess cruise I have ever been aboard.  

We love breakfast in the MDR on sea days when we do not have to leave the ship for an excursion.

Sorry,  I meant to say on sea days.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/24/2018 at 7:42 PM, Micah's Grandad said:

Just off the Pacific Princess and breakfast ever day in DR on sea days

We are just off the Pacific Christmas/New Year cruise.

Breakfast was offered EVERY day in the dining room. (7:30-9:30 sea days,   7:00 - 9:00 port days)

Lunch on sea days.

On 12/13/2018 at 2:06 AM, caribill said:

A person on the current cruise. I was sent a photo of the meal part of the Patter for a day and noticed that no dining room option was listed for breakfast. I asked was this an omission from the Patter that day and the response was that there is no breakfast in any dining room so far. I can only assume the person telling me that is accurate.

It was because I was told that there is no dining room breakfast on the current cruise that I asked if anyone else has seen this on any Princess ship. So far the replies indicate that so far it is only the Emerald and this may have just started. When I am on the Emerald soon I will definitely ask why if it is still not being offered.

As to what options are listed for breakfast:

Horizon Court Buffet

Cafe Caribe

Could you post th photo for others to look at?

1 hour ago, Colo Cruiser said:

Sea days only for breakfast??   :classic_ohmy:

4 hours ago, chamima said:

We are just off the Pacific Christmas/New Year cruise.

Breakfast was offered EVERY day in the dining room. (7:30-9:30 sea days,   7:00 - 9:00 port days)

Lunch on sea days.

You didn't read the very next post.

(The cruise before ours was a transatlantic so most of their cruise were sea days anyways.)

2 hours ago, chamima said:

You didn't read the very next post.

(The cruise before ours was a transatlantic so most of their cruise were sea days anyways.)

I don't read every response right away after I post..........

There have been other comments/threads with the same thing said happened on other ships.

Not just the Pacific Princess.

They did away with lunch on port days why not breakfast too.

7 minutes ago, Colo Cruiser said:

They did away with lunch on port days why not breakfast too.

Assuming this comment is rhetorical...Because everyone is still on board in the morning, especially if first disembarkation is after 7:30 or 8 am?  Because most ships can't handle serving and seating everyone in the buffet in the span of a couple of hours?

We were on the Crown for 10 days over Christmas and ate breakfast every day in the MDR between 8:30 (on port days) and 9:15 (on sea days) and it was consistently filled.  I would hate to see that option disappear.  The buffet is way too chaotic for me first thing in the morning.:classic_rolleyes:

2 minutes ago, capriccio said:

Assuming this comment is rhetorical...Because everyone is still on board in the morning, especially if first disembarkation is after 7:30 or 8 am?  Because most ships can't handle serving and seating everyone in the buffet in the span of a couple of hours?

We were on the Crown for 10 days over Christmas and ate breakfast every day in the MDR between 8:30 (on port days) and 9:15 (on sea days) and it was consistently filled.  I would hate to see that option disappear.  The buffet is way too chaotic for me first thing in the morning.:classic_rolleyes:

Well they don't seem to be making too many logical decisions on any level imo so it would not surprise me.

How is this topic still going?!?!

It has been clearly articulated that the lack of MDR breakfast was reported in error by the OP.

Breakfast is offered in the MDR everyday.  Lunch is offered on sea days and not port days, which has been the case for at least the last 15 years.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, cougaraz said:

How is this topic still going?!?!

It has been clearly articulated that the lack of MDR breakfast was reported in error by the OP.

Breakfast is offered in the MDR everyday.  Lunch is offered on sea days and not port days, which has been the case for at least the last 15 years.

Maybe it’s still going because it moved on to loacation if these offerings.

maybe you should ask admins to lock it if you don’t like people posting on it.