Carnival Stock benefit

Deltron

Has anyone heard that Carnival is stopping stock or benefits in February 2019. Someone just posted that on one of the sites on. But has no proof of it. He says employee told him on a cruise this week that they were going to discontinue the stock program. 

On 12/14/2018 at 9:32 PM, CC Rider 69 said:

Using mine twice in February, once early in the month and the other on the 28th. I already have the confirmation email and the OBC shows on my statement.

Did you do via email or fax. I did mine last year via email. I assume the email address is still the same as last year.

18 minutes ago, berniez said:

Did you do via email or fax. I did mine last year via email. I assume the email address is still the same as last year.

I always fax from home. I usually receive an email from CCL within 24-36 hrs.

Just now, berniez said:

Do you remember the phone number you faxed to or is it listed on Carnival website somewhere.

305-406-6102

Be sure to list your sailing reservation info: your name, vessel, reservation number, sailing date, and a copy from your broker's letterhead with the number of CCL stocks you own.

I received mine today for my sailing on February 9.  I still snail mail mine, and I received my email confirmation today with a snazzy new format.  I snail mailed it Dec. 4 and received confirmation today, two weeks to the day.  That's about usual for this way.   

2 minutes ago, JaniceB said:

How far in advance can you request the benefit?  Also, if you and your cabin mate both have stock can you both get the OBC?

CCL would like the request at least 2 weeks ahead of sailing date. No, only 1 OBC per stateroom. 

Edited by CC Rider 69
  • Thanks 1

• 2 months later...
On 12/19/2018 at 4:02 PM, CC Rider 69 said:

CCL would like the request at least 2 weeks ahead of sailing date. No, only 1 OBC per stateroom. 

What about 2 unrelated people sharing the same stateroom each owning 100 shares? It seems that we both should be entitled to our OBC. 

I'm confused about that part.

15 minutes ago, MissP22 said:

What about 2 unrelated people sharing the same stateroom each owning 100 shares? It seems that we both should be entitled to our OBC. 

I'm confused about that part.

The rules are set by Carnival Corp, not Carnival Cruise Lines...only one stockholder benefit per cabin.

On 12/15/2018 at 7:16 AM, thesmiths said:

Not that I am encouraging anyone to buy it just for the OBC.

But the stock is priced nice.

Do your homework first tough

Totally agree. I haven't checked CCL price recently but as of a couple of months ago it was a pretty attractively priced stock. With that said buy a the stock for it's real value and not for a small onboard credit. There's so many other ways to make that $100.

On 12/15/2018 at 5:45 AM, Deltron said:

Just received this from John Heald....

Not true. Please don’t worry and I am here if you need anything else at all cheers mate

Heald neither has any say nor knowledge whether or not the shareholder benefit gets renewed. Although it’s been renewed annually for years, this is not a guaranteed benefit.

31 minutes ago, xDisconnections said:

Heald neither has any say nor knowledge whether or not the shareholder benefit gets renewed. Although it’s been renewed annually for years, this is not a guaranteed benefit.

I absolutely agree---however at this point, because of the OBC benefit a large percentage of the shareholders are cruisers who want this!

• Like 1

The shareholder benefit is a genius marketing tool to garner repeat bookings and passengers across the entire family of cruise lines under the Carnival Corp. umbrella.

Any effort to discontinue it will meet stiff resistance with the marketing folks.

It is worth mentioning that on Princess and HAL, submitting proof of ownership a year or more before sail date will result in credit being noted on your booking.  I have not heard this about Carnival bookings...but it may be so.

Edited by thinfool