Just off the Silhouette - wonderful time!

DENIE

14 hours ago, wendychloecruiser said:

How many people were on your Woodwind trip please?

wendychloecruiser - this was the best part.  There were only about 25 paying guests, which is their capacity.  Their new catamaran easily accomodates that.  There are nets on the front, which can hold a lot of people as well. They had a staff of 4 or 5 on board that actually went in the water to supervise as well.  It was an excellent experience.  Deidre ("Dee") and her staff easily fed everyone a delicious local jerk chicken dish and kept the rum punch going on the return trip.  Let me know if you have any questions...

9 hours ago, RealDeal said:

Hi Denie. I'll be on SIL in a few weeks. Did not buy a specialty dining pkg but am interested in Lawn Club Grill specifically. Did you find that discounts were frequently offered? Was it crowded when you went?  

RealDeal - we did not purchase any dining package ahead of time.  But, thanks to the wonderful folks here on Cruise Critic, we knew to watch for desks at embarkation offering discounts.  Sure enough, the moment we boarded there was a little desk set up with "dining packages" being offered.  We purposely stopped and said we did not want a package, but were interested in a single experience in Murano that night....not a problem, offered us 30% for that night which we took.

For the Lawn Club Grill, we actually did not purchase until about the 7th night (for use on the 8th night).  This was offered at the entrance to the Ocean View Buffet.  We happened to be sitting at the high tops right at the entry, and the guy at the entrance saw us there and approached us.  Sounded interesting for a discount, so we took it.  No regrets!  The Lawn Club is a wonderful experience, but eat lighter in the day as their portions are generous, and the food is awesome!!  I would say it was reasonably busy, but not overcrowded.  It is a small venue that only seats about 40 people anyway.

You can usually find the specialty dining packages by the Ocean View...I think discounts vary by how "busy" they are.

6 hours ago, trvldog said:

Hello

What nights were the "evening chic"  just curious for our Feb sailing 🙂

trvldog - the Evening Chic nights were the 2nd night and 8th night of our 9-night cruise.  Both of these were sea days.  We were ready to do the 2nd evening chic night, but then got offered a discount to do Lawn Club Grill that night, so we skipped evening chic.  No objections to dressing up, but it was pretty nice to wear shorts to specialty dining "up top", and enjoy grilled food!

2 hours ago, DENIE said:

RealDeal - we did not purchase any dining package ahead of time.  But, thanks to the wonderful folks here on Cruise Critic, we knew to watch for desks at embarkation offering discounts.  Sure enough, the moment we boarded there was a little desk set up with "dining packages" being offered.  We purposely stopped and said we did not want a package, but were interested in a single experience in Murano that night....not a problem, offered us 30% for that night which we took.

For the Lawn Club Grill, we actually did not purchase until about the 7th night (for use on the 8th night).  This was offered at the entrance to the Ocean View Buffet.  We happened to be sitting at the high tops right at the entry, and the guy at the entrance saw us there and approached us.  Sounded interesting for a discount, so we took it.  No regrets!  The Lawn Club is a wonderful experience, but eat lighter in the day as their portions are generous, and the food is awesome!!  I would say it was reasonably busy, but not overcrowded.  It is a small venue that only seats about 40 people anyway.

You can usually find the specialty dining packages by the Ocean View...I think discounts vary by how "busy" they are.

Thanks, Denie. Do you remember what the discount was for Lawn Club? Interesting that they gave you a discount a day in advance!  Honestly, I'm not all that worried...the 3-night pkg for our cruise is 129 online & at 45/night (full price), that's 135 for 3, so there's zero incentive for me to book a pkg ahead of time.

2 hours ago, RealDeal said:

Thanks, Denie. Do you remember what the discount was for Lawn Club? Interesting that they gave you a discount a day in advance!  Honestly, I'm not all that worried...the 3-night pkg for our cruise is 129 online & at 45/night (full price), that's 135 for 3, so there's zero incentive for me to book a pkg ahead of time. 

Good question.  I want to say it was 20-30% off.  Yeah, was surprised they were offering it that late in the cruise.  Also, as we were coming back from shore excursions they were offering a "seafood feast lunch" at La Petite (formerly Qsine).  All sorts of deals going on...

8 hours ago, DENIE said:

wendychloecruiser - this was the best part.  There were only about 25 paying guests, which is their capacity.  Their new catamaran easily accomodates that.  There are nets on the front, which can hold a lot of people as well. They had a staff of 4 or 5 on board that actually went in the water to supervise as well.  It was an excellent experience.  Deidre ("Dee") and her staff easily fed everyone a delicious local jerk chicken dish and kept the rum punch going on the return trip.  Let me know if you have any questions...

Thank you.   We are booked for April.   There is nothing I dislike more than a “cattlemaran”  of a ship tour.  

Our  3 meal "discount" was $109.  We enjoyed Murano and Lawn Club.  Now we stay away from Tuscan Grill as many of our favorite items have been removed.    

The food was very good on the Silhouette.   The fish and meats were exceptional.  It is too bad the pizzas have not improved over time.  Layer cakes were mediocre as they looked better than they tasted.

14 hours ago, DENIE said:

trvldog - the Evening Chic nights were the 2nd night and 8th night of our 9-night cruise.  Both of these were sea days.  We were ready to do the 2nd evening chic night, but then got offered a discount to do Lawn Club Grill that night, so we skipped evening chic.  No objections to dressing up, but it was pretty nice to wear shorts to specialty dining "up top", and enjoy grilled food!

Does anyone wear DJ and bow tie for the evening chic nights or would that be too formal for Celebrity? (We are used to “formal” nights on P&O). Also do they have a passenger choir as an activity on Silhouette. Thanks

1 hour ago, Petenviv said:

Does anyone wear DJ and bow tie for the evening chic nights or would that be too formal for Celebrity? (We are used to “formal” nights on P&O). Also do they have a passenger choir as an activity on Silhouette. Thanks

You will not be alone for sure.   We always wear DJ's and Bows.  Many men wear jackets with or without ties, a spattering of Tux and occasional Formal Kilt. 

4 hours ago, keesar said:

Our  3 meal "discount" was $109.  We enjoyed Murano and Lawn Club.  Now we stay away from Tuscan Grill as many of our favorite items have been removed.    

The food was very good on the Silhouette.   The fish and meats were exceptional.  It is too bad the pizzas have not improved over time.  Layer cakes were mediocre as they looked better than they tasted.

Sorry to hear about the pizza.  In October the Solstice pizza was excellent and I was hoping the improvement was fleetwide.

16 hours ago, DENIE said:

Good question.  I want to say it was 20-30% off.  Yeah, was surprised they were offering it that late in the cruise.  Also, as we were coming back from shore excursions they were offering a "seafood feast lunch" at La Petite (formerly Qsine).  All sorts of deals going on...

Thanks, DENIE. I'm not overly concerned! If we eat there twice, that's fine w/us!

• Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, rosewood jo said:

did you have abba mania in the atrium? 

rosewood jo - you know, if we did, I wish we would have known.  There were a few favorite hangouts, and we spent some time in the atrium, but did not see Abba Mania.  Doesn't mean they didn't, though.  We weren't always good about reading the daily, either.