New to celebrity

Timbek2

Hi all. We’ve sailed multiple lines and found pros and cons to each. We’ve most recently enjoyed th Haven on NCL. We are mid forties. We’ve booked the Edge to try Celebrity suite version. I see many comment on loving s class or m class and have no idea th distinction. Was hoping seasoned celebrity cruisers would enlighten me. Thanks so much for your input. At present we sail for the ship rather than destinations. I hope the Edge won’t disappoint. 

S and M refer to different classes of ships - Solstice and Millennium.  There is also a C class - Constellation I think - and now E - Edge.   They are  laid out slightly differently, have some differences in the specialty dining options and bars.

You can find the official version of the differences here https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/onboard/our-ships/

13 minutes ago, GastroGnome said:

6 hours ago, Timbek2 said:

Hi all. We’ve sailed multiple lines and found pros and cons to each. We’ve most recently enjoyed th Haven on NCL. We are mid forties. We’ve booked the Edge to try Celebrity suite version. I see many comment on loving s class or m class and have no idea th distinction. Was hoping seasoned celebrity cruisers would enlighten me. Thanks so much for your input. At present we sail for the ship rather than destinations. I hope the Edge won’t disappoint. 

We have cruised 7 times on NCL and 10 on Celebrity.  We still use both lines as well as Royal C.  Haven't done the overpriced Edge yet, but we love both the S and M class.  The S class is newer than the M and has about 2900 passenger capacity.  The ship design is about as good as it gets for cruising.  The M class is still nice with capacity of about 2300 passengers.

We have never cruised on the Haven, since we don't find the upgrade from balcony to suite is worth the cost.  However, my Daughter and her family have done the Haven and love it.  

What we love about Celebrity is that the staff is well trained (not always the case on NCL).  Service is excellent, as is the dining. Celebrity's MDR is about as good as NCL's specialty dining.

NCL has a bit better entertainment, as does Royal C.  Still, Celebrity's entertainment is good.

One thing, you won't find a lot of folks staying up past the last show, like on NCL.

3 hours ago, GastroGnome said:

S and M refer to different classes of ships - Solstice and Millennium.  There is also a C class - Constellation I think - and now E - Edge.   They are  laid out slightly differently, have some differences in the specialty dining options and bars.

You can find the official version of the differences here https://www.celebritycruises.co.uk/onboard/our-ships/

There is no C-class...Connie is one of the M class ships.  Other classes are Flora class, and Xpedition class.  EM

The M Class ships are smaller and older than the S class ships.  MClass ships are tge Millenium, Constellation, Infinity and Summir.  They carry approx 2000-2200 passengers.  Decor more traditional.

S Class ships are the Solstice, Eclipse, Equinox, Reflection and Silhouette.  They are newer, larger with a more contemporary decor.  These ships carry approximately 2800-3100 passengers with tge Reflection carrying the most.  

The newest Celebrity ship, the Edge, is tge 1st in a 3rd class of ships- EClass.

Celebrity ships differ from many of the other lines (Royal,  Carnival, NCL,) as they do not have water slides, rock walls, mini golf, ice rinks, etc.  

49 minutes ago, Essiesmom said:

There is no C-class...Connie is one of the M class ships.  Other classes are Flora class, and Xpedition class.  EM

True.  I believe the C Class was Century type that is not longer part of the Celebrity fleet.

4 hours ago, jagoffee said:

True.  I believe the C Class was Century type that is not longer part of the Celebrity fleet.

This is correct.  While there no longer are any C-class ships, with the last one being the now departed Century, there were C-class ships.  However, the Constellation is one of the four M-class ships.

We have now done one cruise on each class - the Infinity from the M-class, and the Silhouette from the S-class.  We really loved the Silhouette - it is large, but didn't feel so large that it was not manageable.  Very easy to orient yourself.  We did love the Infinity as well, and are scheduled to go on another M-class ship next year - the Constellation.  Not quite as many features, but very meets all the needs and then some! 

We do love the fact that Celebrity ships do NOT have mega pools, water slides, wave runners, or go-carts.  Not our cruising style.