Carnival's "Manage My Booking" page has changed

beachbum53

I haven't been on the "Manage My Booking " page (on Carnival's home page) for a few days, so I'm not sure when it happened, but I noticed today that some changes have been made to it. Not sure if I like the new layout or not. I guess I don't have any choice. It'll take a little getting used to. Admittedly, it's pretty easy to use, but I'm not sure why Carnival felt it necessary to change it. There was nothing wrong with it the way it was. I'm a firm believer in the old saying "If it ain't broken, don't fix it."

5 minutes ago, shof515 said:

I do not see any changes. it still looks the same for me

4 minutes ago, jwcruise1 said:

What changes do you see? because i don't see any either.

It's a completely different layout. Pretty easy to navigate. Kind of hard to describe. Maybe the changes just took place today, but not everyone has been affected yet. 

I sign on every day and noticed it was different yesterday. In the same session it switched back to the "old" but went back to the new. 

The thing i liked the best was that I could see the dates of my cruises with the booking number, instead of having to click on it then back to look at the next one.

32 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

The now you see it now you don't comments would indicate they are beta testing.

Yeah, you could be right which would be par for the course with Carnival and their IT people. In my 40 years in IT, you would never test changes in the production environment, even "beta" tests.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, joepeka said:

Yeah, you could be right which would be par for the course with Carnival and their IT people. In my 40 years in IT, you would never test changes in the production environment, even "beta" tests.

Yes and we know that 2 years ago Carnival shipped their IT out for contract work overseas so the design and testing are no longer performed in house.

1 hour ago, sanmarcosman said:

The now you see it now you don't comments would indicate they are beta testing.

You're probably right. Now the page is back to the previous version. Now that ya'll know what's going on, don't be too surprised when this new version becomes permanent.

I always when logging in just had to hit log in.  My screen name and password were always there.  For the last month or two, it was there but when I hit log in, it would disappear.  Now  it's just blank and I have to enter it right from the start.  I liked it better the way it was before.

I wonder if many of the people in IT also manage grocery stores. Just as a web site's page layout gets changed or upgraded about every two or three years, so too do the layouts in grocery stores. You get used to where things are and can fairly confidently navigate your way around. Then you go in one day and "Ta-Da!", there's a whole new layout. Produce is now where the bread used to be, salad dressings are now where the soft drinks used to be, etc. Same way when a web page gets changed around. For the first two or three visits, you get frustrated and want to go whack the person in the head that thought it would be a good idea to change things around. 

• Like 2