Carnival Stock

13cheermom

Unfortunately, many big stocks have taken a beating lately. 

I agree it is a fantastic time to invest. Now I will probably get attacked for giving financial advice online. I forgot I can only say how good of an investment Cheers is, not stock 🙂

Edited by Joebucks

Not advice, but for me, with an IRA, the money has to go somewhere for a while, and CCL has been very good for me because of the shareholder OBC.  This is a great immediate benefit for my IRA investment.  

• Like 1

2 hours ago, 13cheermom said:

Wonder how low it will go???  Could be a good time to watch and invest for those that haven't yet, lol.

This downturn is not about Carnival or any one stock. Do some research before buying $5000 worth of stock. When will the bleeding stop is a question no one knows.

12 minutes ago, naxer said:

Not advice, but for me, with an IRA, the money has to go somewhere for a while, and CCL has been very good for me because of the shareholder OBC.  This is a great immediate benefit for my IRA investment.  

another good perk of the stock is it earns dividends every few months

Oh most definitely I'm not giving advice at all, lol.  We also purchased long ago at a decent price just for an investment along with the OBC perk.  It has served us well over the years, so no worries here.  Just watching along with everyone else, as my 401K goes up and down like a rollercoaster, 🤣.  Long term, is to just stay put and not react to all this movement and not to panic, but of course that depends on your age and if you can afford to sit and just wait it out.  🤔

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
5 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Thanks. I've been watching it since your post and just bought at 48.

Well I hope the 48 is as low as it's going to go, glad you could make an investment.  Honestly I'm ready for it to go back up as well as the rest of the stock market.  I would like to retire one day 🤣.

25 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

Well I hope the 48 is as low as it's going to go, glad you could make an investment.  Honestly I'm ready for it to go back up as well as the rest of the stock market.  I would like to retire one day 🤣.

It was as low as 45.60 last week but I wanted to wait until after the new year. Yesterday it went up over 50 and I thought it was done with the 40's. Now it's down to 47.37 so if I could go back I'd wait and see what happens tomorrow morning.

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/22/2018 at 5:58 PM, 13cheermom said:

Oh most definitely I'm not giving advice at all, lol.  We also purchased long ago at a decent price just for an investment along with the OBC perk.  It has served us well over the years, so no worries here.  Just watching along with everyone else, as my 401K goes up and down like a rollercoaster, 🤣.  Long term, is to just stay put and not react to all this movement and not to panic, but of course that depends on your age and if you can afford to sit and just wait it out.  🤔

https://www.streetinsider.com/dividend_history.php?q=CCL

plus, add in the $100 OBC

On 1/7/2019 at 6:06 PM, beachbums69 said:

The email confirmation came from:

guestadmin@carnival.com

Laura Ruiz
Guest Admin
Carnival Cruise Line

I just did an inquiry re: stock requirements for OBC.  I received this week an email from Guest Services.   They also said that this will be good through July 31, 2019 sailings.  Hopefully, this perk will be extended.    BTW....a fax machine is about as antiquated as a Western Union telegram.  They need to offer email to fulfill the requirements for OBC.  

Response By Email (01/14/2019 03:44 PM)

Hello William,

IMPORTANT NOTICE REGARDING YOUR SHAREHOLDER ON BOARD CREDIT

The shareholder benefits are currently only applicable to sailings through July 31, 2019. In order to apply your onboard credit on your reservation, you will need to submit a current statement after March 31, 2019 when the new shareholder benefits are released.

Please fax or mail a current statement after that date to fax 305-406-6102 or mail to:

Carnival Cruise Lines
Attn: Guest Administration
3655 N.W. 87th Avenue
Miami, FL 33178

Thank you for your prompt attention to this matter.

Hamlet Somarriba
Guest Admin
Carnival Cruise Line

Edited by HillBilly Bob
spell correct

8 minutes ago, 13cheermom said:

Actually we went on a couple of 14-day cruises and got to cash in on the $250/OBC each cruise.  For those that cruises frequently the OBC can really add up. 😁

Hopefully they renew the OBC. If they do I'll have 10% of my investment back in a year....And the stock value has already gone up 10%.

I don't have a FAX machine but I have the EssentialFax app on my computer. I just use my printer to copy the info to the EssentialFax program and then hit the send button. The app dials the Carnival Fax number and transmits the copies to their FAX machine. I get an e-mail confirmation very soon thereafter.

3 hours ago, Saint Greg said:

Hopefully they renew the OBC. If they do I'll have 10% of my investment back in a year....And the stock value has already gone up 10%.

They have been renewing it every year for a very long time. There is no reason to believe this will end. It is a wonderful promotional tool for them.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ontheweb said:

They have been renewing it every year for a very long time. There is no reason to believe this will end. It is a wonderful promotional tool for them.

Legally, they probably have to list an end date.  Of course, they always renew the offer for another year.  Whether they offer an extention or not,  I will keep my CCL stock since we have had a 30.01% increase in value.   

Edited by HillBilly Bob
add text