Harmony OTS Crew Member Missing

G.M.T.

Very sad. I was just on the HOTS and was used to seeing the cast all about the ship. They seemed like a new cast that were all very close and tight. Often i saw them enjoying other shows, amenities and the ports together. 

1 hour ago, SAmome said:

Agree, so sad and nothing on Facebook gives any sort of warning. Could have been some rash decision and under some influence that resulted in a bad choice or he could have been battling depression for years.  Only the closest to him will know.  Do wish there was some sort of alert system that might have increased his chances of survival.  Pray for his parents.

Well, since there was no video evidence of him going over (they only saw him "enter a deck area, and never being seen again"), an alert system would not have spotted him either.

This is tragic - he is so young. 

What I will say is that Harmony is easily one of the hardest ships to "fall off". The way that the Deck 5 jogging track on her is designed makes it almost impossible. Sadly, it was very likely intentional. Thoughts with the family and the team onboard Harmony.

5 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

So sad.  He obviously was in a very dark place.  Thoughts and prayers for his family.

I said that earlier and I was blasted. Everyone said he was fine and enjoying his life on the ship.

Edited by Jimbo

8 minutes ago, voyager70 said:

I didn't see that.  Don't know why you were blasted.  Just showing sympathy for the young man and his family.

I wouldn't say blasted just that some of us feel that it was just the way he wrote his posts going back for a long way. It is easy to take words and make them fit a narrative after the fact. It seems that this your lad used terms and icons like this for a long time...was this a sign? unfortunately none of us will know.