Chef’s Dinner Cost

trbarton

The Chef's Table is $95 per person, or $80 without wine, on most ships.

On the Royal-class ships Chef's Table Lumiere is $115 per person, or $100 without wine.

For future reference the list of all (or most all) the dining venues on the various ships, complete with prices of any carrying an upcharge, can be found on this handy dandy document:

https://www.princess.com/downloads/pdf/food-and-dining/dining-options.pdf

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, fishywood said:

On the Royal-class ships Chef's Table Lumiere is $115 per person, or $100 without wine.

For future reference the list of all (or most all) the dining venues on the various ships, complete with prices of any carrying an upcharge, can be found on this handy dandy document:

Thanks for posting this amazing file.  It will; really help us on our upcoming cruise.

6 hours ago, fishywood said:

9 hours ago, fishywood said:

Thanks for the information. Since I’ll be be on the Majestic I’ll budget for $115. 

Any difference btw the Chef’s Dinner & the Chef’s Table Lumiere except for the price?

Curious as to why they charge more?

Is the dinner group 12 people?

Tom😀

Edited by trbarton

20 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Thanks for the information. Since I’ll be be on the Majestic I’ll budget for $115. 

Any difference btw the Chef’s Dinner & the Chef’s Table Lumiere except for the price?

Tom😀

Here’s a copy of a menu I found that give an idea of what the dinner is like. 

Tom😀

0FF1D851-3A6D-41C5-9A6F-B5EC7F8D991A.jpeg

38 minutes ago, trbarton said:

Tom😀

You pay more for the Lumiere’s ring of lights and nicer table & chairs.

ADAD2A9C-B41B-402E-B385-250F8A48C680.jp2

Edited by Astro Flyer

1 hour ago, trbarton said:

Thanks!

Tom😀

You’re welcome Tom...we enjoyed it 4 times when it was $75 but not since the price increase.  It was a great experience that I think should be experienced at least once.

When attending the CT there were a couple of different menus so it could vary from the menu you found.

We now have the Ultimate Balcony Dinner ($100/couple) whenever we have a balcony cabin and on Royal-class ships go to the Winemakers Dinner ($40/pp) in their Wine Cellar.

Edited by Astro Flyer

3 hours ago, trbarton said:

Here’s a copy of a menu I found that give an idea of what the dinner is like. 

Tom😀

0FF1D851-3A6D-41C5-9A6F-B5EC7F8D991A.jpeg

Too funny.  We attended the very same dinner.

Black and white Hawaiian shirt on the left next to the waiter.

209812386_ChefsTableGroupPic.thumb.jpg.02139536f1bb01508b811403ded86b3f.jpg

9 minutes ago, victory2020 said:

Which day do they usually do it? Also, what time? Can you ask the chef questions about menu/food prep on the ship?

There is no set day.

It is planned on interest.

Usually 12 participants.

Everyone meets the MD in one of the bars/lounge near the atrium around 7:00pm prior to the dinner.

Some cruises have none due to lack of interest, some cruises may have 1 or more based on interest.

They will not deviate too much from the 3 set menus. This was confirmed by a couple of recent comments from people with food allergies etc who tried to get some changes done. It takes away from the experience for the other diners.

Tom, you might need to budget a tiny bit more than $115 each.  Just off the Majestic (Sunday), and we did the Chef's Table on 22nd Dec.  Cost $125 each.  Was brilliant, and we'd thoroughly recommend you head straight to a phone, dial 138 and put your name down on the list as soon as you board.  There were 3 Chef's Tables conducted during our 12 night cruise.  Very popular.  Before people start making negative comments about the cost, how about you try it first?  Must admit that when we did our first, it was $95 each, and has steadily increased in price since then, but it's not just the food (and free-flowing wines), it's also a really special experience.  Won't spoil the surprise, but the Majestic takes the experience level up another notch!  Have attached the menu fyi.

2019-01-01 09.57.47.jpg

Edited by Mulgagirl
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, victory2020 said:

Which day do they usually do it? Also, what time? Can you ask the chef questions about menu/food prep on the ship?

The Chef's Tables are usually conducted on a sea day, but the actual day can vary.  Yes, you can ask whatever questions you'd like of both the Executive Chef and/or Maître d'Hôtel during the evening.

2 hours ago, Mulgagirl said:

Tom, you might need to budget a tiny bit more than $115 each.  Just off the Majestic (Sunday), and we did the Chef's Table on 22nd Dec.  Cost $125 each.  

Majestic Princess is in Australia, no? So the price on that ship is AU$125, versus US$115 in the rest of the world.

And since AU$125 is currently equivalent to less that US$90,  Tom can technically adjust his budget downward if he is headed Down Under.

I agree it's a Majestic/Australia thing

2 hours ago, Mulgagirl said:

Tom, you might need to budget a tiny bit more than $115 each.  Just off the Majestic (Sunday), and we did the Chef's Table on 22nd Dec.  Cost $125 each.  

I agree the $125 is a Majestic/Australia thing.

On 1/1/2019 at 11:19 AM, Mulgagirl said:

The Chef's Tables are usually conducted on a sea day, but the actual day can vary.  Yes, you can ask whatever questions you'd like of both the Executive Chef and/or Maître d'Hôtel during the evening.

Hi Mulgagirl,

I am on the majestic in a couple of weeks, I don't suppose you noticed if they ran the winemakers dinner as well?

Thanks for the info on chefs table, its my birthday while we are away and I think it would be a great way to celebrate. We did one for my husbands birthday on carnival a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

cheers maree

1 hour ago, rabbit1971 said:

Hi Mulgagirl,

I am on the majestic in a couple of weeks, I don't suppose you noticed if they ran the winemakers dinner as well?

Thanks for the info on chefs table, its my birthday while we are away and I think it would be a great way to celebrate. We did one for my husbands birthday on carnival a few years ago and thoroughly enjoyed it.

cheers maree

Hi Maree,

I don't recall seeing a Winemakers dinner.  They did have a wine tasting thing (no meal, $13) that the wait staff were promoting heavily.  I'd ask at the service desk when you put your name down for Chef's Table (as soon as you board, don't hesitate, LOL).  

Meryl