D+ Gift Question

This is where the system is flawed.

A and B are both diamond

A and B divorce

A moves in with C and C becomes diamond

B moves in with D and D becomes diamond

A and C split up.

A moves in with E and E becomes diamond

C moves in with F and F becomes diamond......

No wonder the lounge is overcrowded! 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, RFerrington said:

We are just off Grandeur.  We received 4 (total) RCCL totes over the 12 days we were onboard (1, 12 day cruise).  We took 2 of them back to the LA and he sent us 2 RCCL towels.

According to the rules (stated above), we should have received EITHER 1 tote OR 1 towel.  

Go figure...I have no idea how they come up with the gifts.  I think they just make it up.

"Tote" or a "Towel" :classic_blink:...I've been asking for either of these on many many cruises...so far nothing even close !!

37 minutes ago, little britain said:

Why thank you Sir!

Did I mention the children of D who now live with her and B, under 18.... guess what status they are?! ......

I am trying to find out what the children of A, E and F are?🤔

😉

And C has now grandchildren.... 😱

Edited by Thorben-Hendrik

15 hours ago, little britain said:

This is where the system is flawed.

A and B are both diamond

A and B divorce

A moves in with C and C becomes diamond

B moves in with D and D becomes diamond

A and C split up.

A moves in with E and E becomes diamond

C moves in with F and F becomes diamond......

No wonder the lounge is overcrowded! 

Some folks actually stay married for a lifetime.  

Something about vows and respect, I think. 😉

Edited by John&LaLa

2 hours ago, vacationlover_mn said:

Related question- I’m a lowly emerald now, and finally get my meager free gift 🙂. If we don’t call beforehand to specify what we want, does our attendant just pick something random, or do we not get anything?

Bottled water is the default welcome beverage if you do not specify.

The welcome beverage is the only thing to choose until you get to D+.

• Thanks 1

23 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

Bottled water is the default welcome beverage if you do not specify.

The welcome beverage is the only thing to choose until you get to D+.

Where/How do you make your selections as to what you want? I thought you used to be able to do it online,must you call Crown and Anchor to make the selections now ?

Welcome Beverages (Per Person) Emerald, Diamond, Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members can choose water, soda or juice. • Bottle of Water • Can of Coke or Diet Coke • Can of Sprite or Diet Sprite • Bottle of apple juice, orange juice, or grapefruit juice Diamond Plus and Pinnacle members can choose from the water, soda or juice selections above or opt for beer. • Bottle of Budweiser • Bottle of Bud Light • Bottle of Corona • Bottle of Heineken

Diamond Plus & Pinnacle Amenities (Per Household) Members with 175+ CRUISE POINTS can select from the below ELEGANT GIFTS CHAMPAGNE RED WINE WHITE WINE LOGO ITEMS Light & Delightful Fruit Basket Château Ste. Michelle Grant Burge Shiraz Danzante Italian Pinot Grigio Beach Towel Chocolate Covered Strawberries Non-Alcoholic Sparkling Wine Ravenswood Zinfandel Kendall Jackson Chardonnay Royal Caribbean Terry Slippers Cheese Tray Castle Rock Cabernet Lindemans Moscato Fruit Truffles Caliterra, Chile Sauvignon Blanc Fruit Basket and Cheese Tray

Edited by Jimbo

1 minute ago, Jimbo said:

Where/How do you make your selections as to what you want? I thought you used to be able to do it online,must you call Crown and Anchor to make the selections now ? ...

Yes, you must call since the last website improvement.

Just now, Host Clarea said:

Yes, you must call since the last website improvement.

Just another way of cutting cost since they know most won't call or know about the change. I wonder if we don't call if we will just get the same thing we got on our last RCCL cruise?

12 minutes ago, Jimbo said:

Just another way of cutting cost since they know most won't call or know about the change. I wonder if we don't call if we will just get the same thing we got on our last RCCL cruise?

That has been our experience, we've not called and still get Corona.  D+ and above get alcoholic choices.

22 hours ago, Jimbo said:

22 hours ago, Host Clarea said:

That has been our experience, we've not called and still get Corona.  D+ and above get alcoholic choices.

Same here. We always get Corona. Have never called