Next upgrade schedule for Marina

Pvbgirl

Anybody have info about when all of Marina will be reimagined?  I heard from an Oceania agent it was scheduled for spring 2020 and I’m hoping that’s is correct as well have a summer 2020 cruise booked.

4 hours ago, Pvbgirl said:

Anybody have info about when all of Marina will be reimagined?  I heard from an Oceania agent it was scheduled for spring 2020 and I’m hoping that’s is correct as well have a summer 2020 cruise booked.

I do know that the four R ships will definitely be getting the "NEXT" makeover. Not sure what is in store for the two O ships.

To my knowledge only the R ships are part of the Oceania Next transformation. I haven’t seen or heard anything about the O ships but Nautica is the last R ship to transform and that’s not until late 2020 I believe.

Are you assuming that the ships are falling apart?

We were on Marina in November 2017 and Riviera May 2018.  They looked beautiful to us.  The May cruise was our first time on Riviera but our first cruise on Marina was in October 2011 (and we've sailed on her several times).  We never had anything to complain about.  For the record, on these ships we've tended to be in Oceania or Vista suites, although we were in a PH for one cruise on Marina in 2015.

The ships are maintained regularly at frequent intervals. Now, your 2020 plans COULD mean that they will be ready for the regular maintenance sometime before that.  But even if they were not, my guess would be the ship(s) would still be lovely.

Even if priority is being given to the NEXT renovations of the "R" ships, I wouldn't worry.  But I'm not as fussy as some others ...

OTOH, if you want a brand new ship ... Oceania may not be for you.

Mura

I have to agree with Mura, the O ships really don't need it. Although I read that the Owner's Suites are getting an update.

The new Owner’s Suites will debut on Riviera in April 2019 and Marina in May 2020. Further details on additional enhancements and new guest experiences coming to Marina and Riviera will be revealed in early 2019.

Then there's the email they sent out the other day with a new reveal coming Jan 18th. The Next Chapter begins. The Evolution of Perfection. 

3 hours ago, ORV said:

Then there's the email they sent out the other day with a new reveal coming Jan 18th. The Next Chapter begins. The Evolution of Perfection. 

I saw that as well - what is it? Is it different from “Oceania Next”?

33 minutes ago, Paulchili said:

I saw that as well - what is it? Is it different from “Oceania Next”?

The email regarding the evolution of perfection (with the little video clip) has the date as 1/8/19 not 1/18/19 and it mentions Oceania Next (which, so far, has referred to the redecoration et al. of the four R ships.

Sorry, the 18 was a typo, did you go to oceanianext.com and look at the flyer, that's where the quote above about the Owner suites and additional enhancements came from. 

I imagine that there won't be a complete reimagining of the O ships like the OP was told though. 

19 minutes ago, orchestrapal said:

We were told all the remaining non Owners suites would have an

update in January 2019 as well. 

where did you see this ?

There is  no gap in the schedule  so I cannot imagine them doing the other cabins on the fly:classic_ohmy:

additional enhancements  can mean anything

this  was  announced in Oct

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/media/2018/OCEANIA+CRUISES+REVEALS+ALL-NEW+OWNER’S+SUITES++FURNISHED+WITH+RALPH+LAUREN+HOME+-+The+Only+Suites+at+Sea+Furnished+Exclusively+With+Ralph+Lauren+Home/

1 hour ago, orchestrapal said:

I was told this by Oceania on the phone,

Sorry wrong date it was April 2019.

Confused with another line finishing their updates earlier.

no gap in April either for Marina

3 hours ago, orchestrapal said:

It’s Riviera April 16-26, 2019. We were told this before booking a future 2019 Oceania Suite. Let’s hope!

well this  thread is asking  about Marina

We have been on Insignia and then Marina in 2015.  Our veranda stateroom definitely needed maintenance then, like peeling varnish on the railing and stains on the carpet.  We’ve booked a PH2 next time and I’m hoping the ship has been given some tlc.  Oceania has many plusses so we are coming back.