Regent Airplane Arrangements- Problems???

alanccrx

Just wondering if anyone sailing on Regent has had problems or issues with their airplane travel

arrangements made by Regent?  If so.. what were they and were they ever resolved?

Thank you,

I think you need to define “problem”. If you desire a certain routing or carrier, then the recommendation is to pay to deviate your flights as soon as possible. 

That said, we had a slight issue with our non-deviated assigned outbound flight time. We were able to work with the air department to find a suitable replacement with no extra cost. Since we fly out of JFK and we were flexible with carriers it all worked out. That said next time I’m going to pay the deviation fee to have more control. 

I think the only 'problem' we had was several years ago when we lived in KY, Regent connected us through ATL coming back on a European flight - we told them the 1 hour layover wasn't nearly enough time to clear immigration and get our bags, they insisted it would be fine.  Of course, it wasn't fine.  Probably my fault for not changing it, but I didn't see the need to pay the deviation fee at the time.  We pretty much deviate all the time now, we just factor the deviation fee into the cruise fare.

3 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Not me, but many on our cruise that ended in Papeete in Nov. could not get Business class home.   Too many passengers, not enough seats. 

3 hours ago, papaflamingo said:

Not me, but many on our cruise that ended in Papeete in Nov. could not get Business class home.   Too many passengers, not enough seats. 

Going from Papeete is a difficult issue in terms of flights.  When we go to Tahiti, we prefer sailing on the Paul Gauguin but I understand that the people that disembarked from your cruise in Papeete were on an itinerary that the Paul Gauguin does not do.  

ronrick - we are not fans of doing our own thing (except when we disembark in the U.S. and want to book First Class flights home).  We want to be in control as much as the next person but Regent flights are ones that we personally choose.  We don't worry about transportation to the ship or hotel or back to the airport because we are Titanium Seven Seas Society members.  The bottom line for us is that we want to be in control until/unless there is a problem and Regent will take care of passengers with Regent Air before they assist people that did their own flights.

Edited by Travelcat2
  • Like 1

We always deviate now with no problems.  The air department is easy to contact and very efficient.  We learned our lesson when we took a Regent cruise from Rio .  Not knowing any better, we thought Regent would route us the most direct way to Rio from Los Angeles.  This is the route we ended up with:  LAX to Miami.  3 hour layover in Miami.  Next, an 8 hour flight to Santiago Chile with a 9 hour layover, (our AmEx TA got use a day room at the airport).  The final leg was a 3 hour flight to Rio.  The Miami and Santiago legs were  Business class but the last leg to Rio was economy.  We were in tiny middle seats.  Terrible start to an other wise lovely cruise.  It is worth the deviation fee to be able to select your flights and seats.

On 1/3/2019 at 5:06 PM, Travelcat2 said:

Going from Papeete is a difficult issue in terms of flights.  When we go to Tahiti, we prefer sailing on the Paul Gauguin but I understand that the people that disembarked from your cruise in Papeete were on an itinerary that the Paul Gauguin does not do.  

ronrick - we are not fans of doing our own thing (except when we disembark in the U.S. and want to book First Class flights home).  We want to be in control as much as the next person but Regent flights are ones that we personally choose.  We don't worry about transportation to the ship or hotel or back to the airport because we are Titanium Seven Seas Society members.  The bottom line for us is that we want to be in control until/unless there is a problem and Regent will take care of passengers with Regent Air before they assist people that did their own flights.

Travelcat2,  Not sure what you're saying. We never have trouble with car service our TA takes care of it.  As far as airlines go we stay with 2 different Airline Alliances that I have top priority(in their programs).  Flying first class we never have a problem-should the airplane not have a first class section we get business always (even if the plane is sold out).

42 minutes ago, ronrick1943 said:

Travelcat2,  Not sure what you're saying. We never have trouble with car service our TA takes care of it.  As far as airlines go we stay with 2 different Airline Alliances that I have top priority(in their programs).  Flying first class we never have a problem-should the airplane not have a first class section we get business always (even if the plane is sold out).

Briefly, I'm saying that if anything happens on the cruise and you need to fly home*, Regent takes care of passengers that have Regent Air first and also that you can use Regent Air and still be in control.  Not sure how one gets business class "even if the plane is sold out" but if you can do that - good for you.

*Referring to two incidents when passengers had to be given overnight accommodations and have transportation home arranged for them by Regent.  This rarely occurs but if it does, it is nice to have Regent's assistance when you are in a foreign country.