Edge. White vase?

Ugaaucruisers

We will be on the Edge in February in a concierge cabin.  Have been looking at posts, videos, photos and etc.  On the dresser, is the white object ( not the container for the outlets) an empty vase?   Hoping for flowers🙂 Just curious.

Thanks in advance.

Yes, it is there. Currently being discussed on one of the many other Edge threads. I'm reading so many threads,  I honestly do not know which one or I would post the link. But it is quite big, reminds me of the old milk glass with the nubs. And it would take a lot of flowers to make it seem like the flowers belong in that vase.  

My advice..take it off the counter/dresser and place it on the floor if you are not going to use it.

Thanks.  Figured that it has been discussed.  Such an odd thing to put on the dresser when there is such limited space and it doesn't seem to add anything to the decor.  Kind of like the "coral" on the corner shelf.  We always need all of the space that we can find:classic_biggrin:  We will definitely be putting that vase somewhere else.  Am assuming the coral is fixed in place.

2 hours ago, Ugaaucruisers said:

Thanks.  Figured that it has been discussed.  Such an odd thing to put on the dresser when there is such limited space and it doesn't seem to add anything to the decor.  Kind of like the "coral" on the corner shelf.  We always need all of the space that we can find:classic_biggrin:  We will definitely be putting that vase somewhere else.  Am assuming the coral is fixed in place.

The coral is not fixed in place.  I never noticed the vase but looked at our cabin pix and it was there.  Clearly it didn’t bother me.:classic_wacko:

59 minutes ago, Iamthesea said:

The vase in our AQ was actually a wine decanter according tomour room attendant.

Ha ha...quite alot of wine!  

Too funny!

Maybe activity dept can offer a class on making it into a lamp!

15 hours ago, hcat said:

Ha ha...quite alot of wine!  

Too funny!

Maybe activity dept can offer a class on making it into a lamp!

I am sorry.  I wrote that while in the ICU waiting room - waiting to go back to see my husband after surgery.  I should have checked my reply before sending.

I should have said wine cooler (or ice bucket), not decanter. 🙄   When we checked into our stateroom, our attendent mentioned to let him know when we would want our AQ champagne.  He motioned to the "white vase" thing and said that he would bring the champagne and ice it down.  We had no other bucket in our room.  Only had a pitcher for tea.

1 hour ago, Iamthesea said:

I am sorry.  I wrote that while in the ICU waiting room - waiting to go back to see my husband after surgery.  I should have checked my reply before sending.

I should have said wine cooler (or ice bucket), not decanter. 🙄   When we checked into our stateroom, our attendent mentioned to let him know when we would want our AQ champagne.  He motioned to the "white vase" thing and said that he would bring the champagne and ice it down.  We had no other bucket in our room.  Only had a pitcher for tea.

Did the vase actually work with your champagne?

We had a real ice bucket in our room, but considered using the little stool if we needed to chill a few bottles. As I was moving the stool, the cover came off, and then I noticed it was lined with white vinyl. I moved the vase into the far corner, behind the lamp.  The "art books" describing the various sculptures and paintings on the Edge, went under the bed - out of sight.   

DH thought the storage inside the stool was good for dirty laundry or sandy snorkel gear. 

The only things missing in our cabin were note pad and pen....oooops, is there an APP for that?!?

Darcy

3 minutes ago, WatchHill said:

We had a real ice bucket in our room, but considered using the little stool if we needed to chill a few bottles. As I was moving the stool, the cover came off, and then I noticed it was lined with white vinyl. I moved the vase into the far corner, behind the lamp.  The "art books" describing the various sculptures and paintings on the Edge, went under the bed - out of sight.   

DH thought the storage inside the stool was good for dirty laundry or sandy snorkel gear. 

The only things missing in our cabin were note pad and pen....oooops, is there an APP for that?!?

Darcy

We has a note pad in our cabin.  We were in a Concierge.

We also got a real ice bucket every day. 

Edited by ecslady

11 hours ago, Iamthesea said:

Hope all goes well with your husband,s surgery...much more important than a vase.

But that thing is in no way a ceramic ice bucket..Seems no one know what to do with it!  Hope we can get a real one plus a water pitcher..We dislike the AQ herbal tea!

It may not ruin your cruise or mine,  but it  certainly is a step down from the  decor style that Celebrity used  each time it upgraded the accomodations in the past. Sort of  flea market meets IKEA in the dorm.

We can ignore it and store  these items for a week or 10 days along with the excess pillows,   so not a  critical issue.   But  maybe X should spend the decor budget  for M and S Class on  better Veranda chairs, tables etc...

Just one Cruise Critic's opinion,

19 hours ago, Stateroom_Sailor said:

I got you covered. 

20181215_113807.mp4?fbclid=IwAR1PbleD0oV

The Cyborg

I'm thinking a Little Shop of Horrors type plant, would go very nicely in that vase.

Wow!....

So are these related to the Edenists or a sep troupe.. ?

..She did seem a bit stiff!

49 minutes ago, hcat said:

Wow!....

So are these related to the Edenists or a sep troupe.. ?

..She did seem a bit stiff!

No she isn’t part of the Edenist.  Posted I think to get a chuckle.

On an unrelated topic, any advice on where to stay for Cape Liberty, we usually stay at the Doubletree at the airport?

Edited by Oville