Ok, here it is. A bread topic.

Kind of getting back to the original post and combining the meat pie topic, I remember back in high school the canteen sold a sausage roll sliced lengthways and between two slices of bread ( with tomato sauce of course) and they called it a Nez Sandwich for some unknown reason but they were delicious.......anyway back to the puns and one liners

6 minutes ago, gbenjo said:

Kind of getting back to the original post and combining the meat pie topic, I remember back in high school the canteen sold a sausage roll sliced lengthways and between two slices of bread ( with tomato sauce of course) and they called it a Nez Sandwich for some unknown reason but they were delicious.......anyway back to the puns and one liners

Yep, nit called that, but the same thing.

or one place I worked sold a pie on a hamburger roll.

2 hours ago, gbenjo said:

Sounds alright to me.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Nice shot, glad you had your camera bready.

Always keep the tried and proof'n crusty old camera with me ..lucky I had an extra roll of film ,once again it rose to the occasion Don't want to end up with half baked photos.

19 hours ago, rabbit1971 said:

Slight change of track, how do folks like their bread, i like mine as french toast or the old bread and butter pudd.

Cheers maree

Have you tried making bread and butter pudding with raisin bread? It's divine!

27 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Have you tried making bread and butter pudding with raisin bread? It's divine!

YUM YUM, left over sliced hot cross buns go down a treat in the ol'  bread and butter pud, its my favourite way of eating them.

27 minutes ago, rabbit1971 said:

YUM YUM, left over sliced hot cross buns go down a treat in the ol'  bread and butter pud, its my favourite way of eating them.

Oh absolute YUM.  When I can't buy hot cross buns (cause there are those who hate having hot cross buns all year) I resort to wholemeal raisin bread to get my hit AND with lots of butter.   Why can't people cope with hot cross buns all year?????? 

• Like 1

I remember ye olde Torpedo Rolls, long bread roll, they were good, Fielders made them I think.

And how about the long rolls they sell in the Vietnamese bakeries, with all the pork or chicken and the trimmings in them.

Edited by NSWP

Just now, NSWP said:

I remember ye olde Torpedo Rolls, long bread roll, they were good, Fielders made them I think.

And how about the long rolls they sell in the Vietnamese bakeries, with all the pork and gear in them.

Yep the viets make some nice bread.

currently Mrs Gut is hooked on the Parmesan sub our local bakers delight does, apparently only being trialed at a few outlets, very nice.

1 hour ago, NSWP said:

And how about the long rolls they sell in the Vietnamese bakeries, with all the pork or chicken and the trimmings in them.

Bah Mi, yum scrum, had one yesterday.

1 hour ago, MicCanberra said:

Bah Mi, yum scrum, had one yesterday.

Me too. I buy a half dozen then freeze them individually. If I feel like one with a coffee it only takes a few seconds to nuke it then have the butter melting through. Mmmmmm.