Cape Town hotel

crazyman3

We stayed at Cape Grace the first time we went to Cape Town and Radisson the second time.  Cape Grace is very elegant, but again, very pricey.  We liked the Radisson just as much.

On 1/9/2019 at 11:48 PM, Pam said:

We stayed at Cape Grace the first time we went to Cape Town and Radisson the second time.  Cape Grace is very elegant, but again, very pricey.  We liked the Radisson just as much.

Thanks.

Which of the Radisson hotels was it? There are more than one in CT.

40 minutes ago, crazyman3 said:

Thanks.

Which of the Radisson hotels was it? There are more than one in CT.

In our case it was the Raddison Blu Waterfront which is far closer to the V&A Waterfront. I believe the other one is further along the coast

vicki

On 1/11/2019 at 3:45 PM, Pam said:

The one we stayed at was the Radisson Blu Waterfront, too.  I'm sorry I wasn't more specific, I honestly didn't know there were several there.

No problem! Your input is so valuable ----I really appreciate it!

Last time we were in Cape Town my MiL and Sil stayed in the Cape Grace while we stayed in the previous y mentioned apartments. Now don't get me wrong as the Cape Grace is wonderful with both the rooms, service and food, but that is most certainly reflected in the price.

The Apartments don't come with a restaurant and room service but the V&A waterfront is a safe and short walk away with every thing form Jazz Cafes to fine dinning. Staying in a big multinational I feel you miss out a bit on the Culture of South Africa and often the feel once past the front doors could be anywhere in the world 

DSC06862.JPG

Edited by groryjm

6 hours ago, groryjm said:

Last time we were in Cape Town my MiL and Sil stayed in the Cape Grace while we stayed in the previous y mentioned apartments. Now don't get me wrong as the Cape Grace is wonderful with both the rooms, service and food, but that is most certainly reflected in the price.

The Apartments don't come with a restaurant and room service but the V&A waterfront is a safe and short walk away with every thing form Jazz Cafes to fine dinning. Staying in a big multinational I feel you miss out a bit on the Culture of South Africa and often the feel once past the front doors could be anywhere in the world 

DSC06862.JPG

So true! It is good to dip into the local culture ----and accommodation choices are one of the ways. However, for us we need to be careful because I have a life-threatening nut allergy I select my food and environment carefully!

Is this photo the Cape Grace Hotel?

On ‎1‎/‎7‎/‎2019 at 12:42 PM, crazyman3 said:

Our Azamara Journey cruise finishes in Cape Town. We'll only have 2 or 3 nights in the city because we need to work -----to pay for more cruises, of course!

So, where would you suggest we stay? We usually book Sofitel hotels if available but I see that CT doesn't have one.

Thanks.

we just got back feom Cape Town and stayed at the Commodore next to the Portwood, it's from the Legacy Hotels, 5 min walk to the v and A, Annelies

• Thanks 1