Ice pack

Adian80

I injured my foot a week ago and will be sailing on Brilliance on Saturday. Does anyone know if I would be able to either get an ice pack without having to pay a large fee to see a doctor or if there's a refrigerator with a freezer in a balcony room so I can bring mine own from home? 

Thank you! 

7 minutes ago, Adian80 said:

I injured my foot a week ago and will be sailing on Brilliance on Saturday. Does anyone know if I would be able to either get an ice pack without having to pay a large fee to see a doctor or if there's a refrigerator with a freezer in a balcony room so I can bring mine own from home? 

Thank you! 

Bring one of the screw top ice bags you can get at CVS or Walgreens.  They do not sweat and form to the area you put it on.  Ask your cabin steward to bring you a large bucket of ice twice a day and a couple extra towels.  We had to do this on one of our cruises as my DH had had surgery 6 weeks prior and was still icing his leg.

• Like 4

TSA allows gel type ice packs as carry on, so you can take your own. There is no in-cabin facilities for freezing. In the past we have asked the cabin steward to put the pack in a freezer. You may want to check with special needs, special_needs@rccl.com.

• Like 1

I injured my right foot while on the flowrider on the Navigator a month ago.  I could still walk, but by dinner time it was swollen.  Before the end of our dinner, I kindly and politely asked our assistant waiter if he can get me a bag of ice. (fully expecting he may not be able to give it to me)  Wow! at the end of our dinner, he had a nicely packed bag of ice that I used for my foot.  Our assistant waiter asked me again the next evening if I needed another ice pack.  I told him "Thanks, the ice pack is still good"....it lasted about 2 1/2 days.  And yes, my foot was better.

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, reallyitsmema said:

Bring one of the screw top ice bags you can get at CVS or Walgreens.  They do not sweat and form to the area you put it on.  Ask your cabin steward to bring you a large bucket of ice twice a day and a couple extra towels.  We had to do this on one of our cruises as my DH had had surgery 6 weeks prior and was still icing his leg.

That's why I did when I dislocated my shoulder shortly before a cruise.

38 minutes ago, Adian80 said:

Thank you! 

As others have said, bring your own and ask for ice. I tore ligaments in my foot falling down the stairs at the ice rink (not skating) and medical does not have ice packs. They gave me a large ziploc bag and told me to get ice and use that. It worked just fine.

I had knee replacement 3 weeks after sailing on Freedom this past June.  I ordered one of those old fashioned ice bags from Amazon and asked our Steward for some ice.  He not only filled my bag while we were out, but kept an ice bucket in the fridge in case I needed extra!  Needless to say that cruise was memorable in terms of pain, but an ice pack, the solarium and the deluxe drink package took care of most of it!  Here's to a great cruise!