Discontinued Dining Packages?

I am sailing on the HOS on Sept 1, 2019. I recently inquired via email about the lack of availability of the dining packages on my cruise planner. I thought the 4 and 5 night dinning package might have been sold out. To my surprise, the Royal Caribbean rep responded saying that they are going to be discontinued and no longer offering them. Has anyone else received this message or is this just a tactic to get us to buy the ultimate or the restaurants individually? 

Thanks!

2AD7B9D3-4B99-429C-A33B-7A696132D97B.png

3 minutes ago, taglovestocruise said:

Try a BOGO and a 3 night. We had a BOGO and a 5 night on our Symphony sailing a few months ago. 

Are you actually able to use both promotions? I thought with the BOGO you had to use it the first two nights and with the 3 might package you have to book your first reservation on night 1 or 2. ?

1 hour ago, JKCamara said:

Are you actually able to use both promotions? I thought with the BOGO you had to use it the first two nights and with the 3 might package you have to book your first reservation on night 1 or 2. ?

This was on Symphony a few months ago. We actually also had a three night package booked as well but we cancelled it a few weeks before sailing. We were told, and found it to be true, that they no longer make any pre reserved reservations on Oasis class.  We used the packages starting on night three of a 12 night cruise.  Only Chef's Table and Izumi Grill were excluded, although we were told that on a slow night Izumi grill is a possibility. The host making all our reservations told us to check with Izumi in the late afternoon each day to see if there was a opening and if so the Izumi host would make the change.  We also went up to Wonderland as soon as we boarded and had that host make all the reservations for the week. What the reps tell you and what happens once onboard is as different as night and day.  If you get a  * conflict *  warning while booking scroll down to a proceed anyway button. If it asks for a night for the first offer always start with night 2 and then night 1 for the second reservation.  happy cruising.  PS for all the nay sayers out there.  Two weeks before the cruise our cruise planner calendar showed night 1 Bistro at 8:30, night 1 BOGO at 8:30,  3 night package night 1 at 8:30, 5 night package at night 1 8:30. Once onboard it was a easy change. If there is a line in the promenade for making Specialty reservations just go up to Wonderland and there will probably be no line. 

18 hours ago, JKCamara said:

I asked this very question as I wanted the 5 night package for my 26 Jan sailing but it seemed to have sold out.

First response:

We are glad to learn you are interested in our dining packages! These packages are based on availability, and it seems that it ran out for the 5 night package. However, we still have the 2 and 3 nights dining package, as well as the Ultimate Dining package which covers all nights of the sailing.

I asked about combining BOGO and 3 night and got this:

We have verified the information and you will be able to purchase both packages, but you will have to purchase them in different days, for example you purchase one package on the first days of the cruise and the second package for the rest of the days. 

I'm sure you'll agree that clears everything up...

Decided to stick with 3 night and maybe book 1 or 2 more while onboard.

1 hour ago, mitooki said:

I asked this very question as I wanted the 5 night package for my 26 Jan sailing but it seemed to have sold out.

First response:

We are glad to learn you are interested in our dining packages! These packages are based on availability, and it seems that it ran out for the 5 night package. However, we still have the 2 and 3 nights dining package, as well as the Ultimate Dining package which covers all nights of the sailing.

I asked about combining BOGO and 3 night and got this:

We have verified the information and you will be able to purchase both packages, but you will have to purchase them in different days, for example you purchase one package on the first days of the cruise and the second package for the rest of the days. 

I'm sure you'll agree that clears everything up...

Decided to stick with 3 night and maybe book 1 or 2 more while onboard.

Thank you so much for providing their response. It is good to know that we can take advantage of both packages.