Turning Elite

1498sg

Bad news I know but you will be elite starting with your 16th cruise credit or 151+ cruise days.  Princess bases it on when you actually start elite status with the start of a cruise. 

Welcome to the elite class.  My DW loves the free laundry more than anything. 

Edited by satxdiver

• 4 weeks later...
On 1/9/2019 at 6:26 PM, satxdiver said:

Bad news I know but you will be elite starting with your 16th cruise credit or 151+ cruise days.  Princess bases it on when you actually start elite status with the start of a cruise. 

Welcome to the elite class.  My DW loves the free laundry more than anything. 

Is there any extra benefit if both husband and wife are both Elite?

21 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Is there any extra benefit if both husband and wife are both Elite?

You will each get to do a wine tasting free of charge, and both will receive internet minutes, although if you have both reached platinum level then you are both already getting them.  Unfortunately, you will only receive one mini-bar for the cabin.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, partybarbie said:

You will each get to do a wine tasting free of charge, and both will receive internet minutes, although if you have both reached platinum level then you are both already getting them.  Unfortunately, you will only receive one mini-bar for the cabin.  

It’s a bummer that there is only one Elite mini-bar per cabin. I usually share a cabin with a friend and I’m pretty sure we would like different things.  You would think each Elite cruiser would receive the benefits that they earned.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

It’s a bummer that there is only one Elite mini-bar per cabin. I usually share a cabin with a friend and I’m pretty sure we would like different things.  You would think each Elite cruiser would receive the benefits that they earned.

I feel your pain.  My last cruise was with my dad and my aunt, three of us in a mini-suite.  We ended up trading the whole mini-bar in for coffee cards for my aunt and myself.  

At least we all received our loyalty credits.  When DH and I travel together, we only get one credit for the cabin, not for each of us. 

41 minutes ago, partybarbie said:

I feel your pain.  My last cruise was with my dad and my aunt, three of us in a mini-suite.  We ended up trading the whole mini-bar in for coffee cards for my aunt and myself.  

At least we all received our loyalty credits.  When DH and I travel together, we only get one credit for the cabin, not for each of us. 

Are you talking about the loyalty points for the captain circle levels? Why wouldn’t you each get credit? 

3 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

Are you talking about the loyalty points for the captain circle levels? Why wouldn’t you each get credit? 

No, there's another loyalty benefit that isn't discussed a lot. I can't remember all the details but once you accumulate 20 cruise credits, you receive a $25 loyalty credit (per cabin/family) on your next and subsequent cruises until you get to 30 credits (I think that's the number) and then the loyalty credit increases to $50(?) on the next cruise. There are other increases until you get to the maximum of $100.

This is yet another benefit that has a "marriage penalty". People with different last names in the same cabin will, if otherwise eligible, get the credit. If you have the same last name (and home address I believe), only one credit per cabin.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, MsSoCalCruiser said:

The previous poster explained it perfectly.  My husband is entitled to the $25.00 loyalty credit, but if we cruise together, then we only get my $100.00 credit.  When I travel with family, we all have different last names and addresses, so Princess will give all of us our credits. 

6 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

This is yet another benefit that has a "marriage penalty". People with different last names in the same cabin will, if otherwise eligible, get the credit. If you have the same last name (and home address I believe), only one credit per cabin.

Half full/Half empty.  All depends on your perspective.  I believe "singles/solos" have many more disadvantages.  

6 hours ago, beg3yrs said:

No, there's another loyalty benefit that isn't discussed a lot. I can't remember all the details but once you accumulate 20 cruise credits, you receive a $25 loyalty credit (per cabin/family) on your next and subsequent cruises until you get to 30 credits (I think that's the number) and then the loyalty credit increases to $50(?) on the next cruise. There are other increases until you get to the maximum of $100.

Thank you for explaining this. Well, I guess if I ever get remarried I will have to keep my last name to make sure I get my credit with princess 😂