Edge Dining Venues and Menus - Navigating the Choices

vtcruising

26 minutes ago, CanadianTourist said:

Thank you VT!  As you are the EDGEXPERT, do you know if they have different prices during Port Days and Sea Days?  

No, same price at this time. The other thing is that you get all the same things for the 1/2 cabana that you do for the full one (same alcohol, food, etc.), except the space (at least that's the way it was then).

image.thumb.png.f5693d2c738856921ce915c0c6f43bc7.png

image.png.682321028451a0e25c10762a0e1faaca.png

image.thumb.png.2a462f9801db5c1aee9aac114e773f02.png

53 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

My app is showing lots of details for our cruise now and Cassablanca is playing in the Roof Top Garden at times. That would be a good one to watch there.

There was some trivia listed that didn't require phones and they have Move on The Edge at the RTG one night where the production cast teaches salsa, merengue and cha-cha. I was able to find some other fun things that interest us.  Can't wait!! 🙂

Sounds good..Enjoy!

• 1 month later...
11 minutes ago, DebInAntigua said:

Is there any difference in the lunches offered in Cyprus vs. Cosmopolitan on sea days?

I think they only do lunch at one venue each day. And even if they did more than one, it's the standard Celebrity lunch menu with no additions for the specific dining room like at dinner.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, DebInAntigua said:

Is there any difference in the lunches offered in Cyprus vs. Cosmopolitan on sea days?

On the early dining FAQs it was stated that Cosmo would be the dining room for breakfast and sea day lunch, with Cyprus only used for overflow. I'm not sure if that is the way it ended up working - the dailies only listed Cosmo for lunch on our sea days.

Edited by vtcruising

22 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

Thank you VT as usual..amazing job!!

I know this  might be the right  place to ask this question, but do you know if Celebrity Edge have NUTELLA? My grandson needs his nutella for breakfast..LOL

They did have it in Le Grand Bistro for the made to order crepes ($10 for breakfast) so at least it is onboard. They may have it at the waffle bar or at Scoops (ice cream section) in the Oceanview.

4 hours ago, vtcruising said:

On the early dining FAQs it was stated that Cosmo would be the dining room for breakfast and sea day lunch, with Cyprus only used for overflow. I'm not sure if that is the way it ended up working - the dailies only listed Cosmo for lunch on our sea days.

Well, they never would list both locations since then they'd need to have hosts at both spots. They would just have walked you to the second dining room if they needed it for overflow once you got to the listed dining room.

Edited by MisterBill99

2 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

Well, they never would listed both locations. They would just have seated you at the second dining room if they needed it for overflow once you got to the listed dining room.

Yes, I assume you are correct. I just wasn't sure if that was still the back up plan. I've decided not to be too decisive about anything on the Edge, because they change things so fast. 🙂

9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

Yes, I assume you are correct. I just wasn't sure if that was still the back up plan. I've decided not to be too decisive about anything on the Edge, because they change things so fast. 🙂

As it did the week after you left the ship (return of paper trivia, Elite breakfast lounge menu, private Elite cocktail lounge)!

Edited by MisterBill99

5 minutes ago, fstuff1 said:

Traditional Early - 6 PM

Traditional Late - 8:30 PM

Celebrity Select Plus - 6:00-9:30

why would anyone not choose Celebrity Select Plus???

flexibility plus you get to sample the exclusive dishes from each of the 4 MDRs

Some people like to have the same tablemates and servers every night. Others don't like having to make advance reservations to get the time they want. If you showed up without a reservation and they were busy, they would give you a beeper and you would have to wait to be seated.

It's clear that Celebrity's intent is to move everyone into Select on Edge. I'm not sure how successful it will be.

Edited by MisterBill99

5 minutes ago, MisterBill99 said:

As it did the week after you left the ship (return of paper trivia, Elite breakfast lounge menu, private Elite cocktail lounge)!

True, except we did have paper trivia on our week (some electronic, some paper). 🙂

1 minute ago, vtcruising said:

True, except we did have paper trivia on our week (some electronic, some paper). 🙂

Yes they had paper but they were still trying to get people to use their phones and play individually. The second week paper trivia and teams were back.

I wanted to add a few things to this thread about the dining:

This is a nice overview of Le Petit Chef on the Edge (different story and menu than other ships):

LE PETIT CHEF AND FRIENDS OVERVIEW[1].docx

These are seating maps for the 4 Edge MDRs. Hopefully still be accurate (was accurate for the 2 tables we had in Cyprus). It shows which tables are near windows or wait stations and how many 2 tops are available, as well as larger tables. I'm assuming that you could request a certain table, though not sure all would end up receiving their tables of choice. You could go see the maitre'd upon boarding and see what they can do.

Cosmopolitan:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Cosmopolitan_Dining_Room.pdf

Cyprus:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Cyprus_Main_Dining_Room.pdf

Normandie:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Normandie_Main_Dining_Room.pdf

Tuscan:

http://creative.rccl.com/Sales/Celebrity/General_Info/EDGE/Tuscan_Main_Dining_Room.pdf

Edited by vtcruising

9 minutes ago, vtcruising said:

I wanted to add a few things to this thread about the dining:

This is a nice overview of Le Petit Chef on the Edge (different story and menu than other ships):

LE PETIT CHEF AND FRIENDS OVERVIEW[1].docx

Thanks for posting that. I was pretty happy with my meal at LPC (surprisingly so, since I'd never had any interest in eating there on other ships). I ate from the alternate menu (other than dessert) and the food was better than expected and the animation was a lot of fun. I wonder if they get complaints about the "Truffled five cheese ravioli"? They're actually mushroom ravioli with a five cheese sauce. Will probably come as an unwelcome surprise to people who do not like mushrooms. Also, I'm sure there is minimal truffle in them, despite the animation showing them grinding a truffle for the filling.

Edited by MisterBill99

27 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

Oh Mr Bill99, isn’t truffle some sort of fungi, a mushroom?

Yes, but they are very expensive and there is no way they'd fill the entire ravioli with it as the animation showed.  That wasn't really my main point. It was that with the "five cheese ravioli" name. you'd expect the ravioli to be filled with cheese when in fact they are filled with mushroom. Presumably small bits of truffle are there or some truffle oil, and then the five cheeses are in the sauce.

Edited by MisterBill99
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Jesseslola said:

Oh Mr Bill99, isn’t truffle some sort of fungi, a mushroom?

This was our favorite part of the meal and Chef Maria, who cooked the ravioli, won the most applause for our dinner. Hopefully, many people know what truffles are, but if not, I agree that it could be a surprise.  We did the dinner twice, since friends on our latest cruise wanted to go, and I did the alternate menu except for the ravioli the second time - almost worth going just for that, IMO. 🙂

image.thumb.png.fb7fead3b99956d4dfed64440658317f.png

Chef Maria:

image.thumb.png.8a0261d574af669eceab317a39c04ca0.png

This was the Steak Frites:

image.thumb.png.ddbe00050954aa631602f7e4da56d8b0.png

• 4 weeks later...

Nice menu, but almost certainly filled with misleading luxury ingredients.  The “pasta negra” (Iberico ham) will almost certainly be generic ham. The “caviar” will be tobiko or masago. The “lobster” will be warm water tails. The “Champagne” in the sauce will be cheap sparkling wine. The “truffle” will be truffle oil. And the “morel” mushrooms will be anybody’s guess - have seen them listed on menu items a few times on Celebrity and yet to see an actual morel mushroom onboard. Will the “French cheeses” actually be sourced from France? Am pleasantly surprised they omitted using “Kobe beef” on the menu though, so kudos for that.