New to Princess, drink prices

Beaver1975

Can someone tell me the average drink prices aboard Princess?  I am looking for basic drinks such as Rum and Coke and wine by the glass. Also, how much gratuity are added to the drink price?

I am trying to weigh the difference between buying the drink package and just buying drinks.

Just now, GloriaF said:

Most bar drinks are less than $10 on Princess.  15% gratuity

You can bring your own soda on- and can purchase smallish bottles of spirits to be delivered to your cabin. Just a thought if you were trying to save a little...

1 hour ago, Beaver1975 said:

Can someone tell me the average drink prices aboard Princess?  I am looking for basic drinks such as Rum and Coke and wine by the glass. Also, how much gratuity are added to the drink price?

I am trying to weigh the difference between buying the drink package and just buying drinks.

It takes around 6 to 7 alcoholic drinks per day to break even, assuming you are drinking cocktails or mixed drinks. If you drink straight whiskey may 7 or 8 drinks/day. Beers are around $6.  You would also be able to get most non-alcoholic beverages such as espresso drinks, soda and the like. All beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic have an automatic 15% gratuity added to the menu price. The Premium Beverage Package (PBP) price of $69/day includes the gratuity and nothing more is charged on a per drink basis.

The PBP covers all drinks menu priced $12 and under. This is about 95% of all drinks on the ship. Some glasses of wine and some high end single malt whiskeys are priced over $12.

21 hours ago, skynight said:

It takes around 6 to 7 alcoholic drinks per day to break even, assuming you are drinking cocktails or mixed drinks. If you drink straight whiskey may 7 or 8 drinks/day. Beers are around $6.  You would also be able to get most non-alcoholic beverages such as espresso drinks, soda and the like. All beverages, alcoholic and non-alcoholic have an automatic 15% gratuity added to the menu price. The Premium Beverage Package (PBP) price of $69/day includes the gratuity and nothing more is charged on a per drink basis.

The PBP covers all drinks menu priced $12 and under. This is about 95% of all drinks on the ship. Some glasses of wine and some high end single malt whiskeys are priced over $12.

You say it includes espresso drinks. Does it also include espresso and cappuccino.

9 minutes ago, Beaver1975 said:

You say it includes espresso drinks. Does it also include espresso and cappuccino.

Yes

• The package includes all bottled water (500ml only), fountain sodas, fresh juices (if available), specialty coffees and teas, Gong Cha items, Frappés at Coffee & Cones, milk shakes (if available) and Red Bull energy drinks.

Coors Light, Bud & Bud Light tall boys are $7.19 incl grats.

Liquor prices will depend on brand used. Make sure that you stipulate the Well or Bar brand if you aren't picky or they will use a more expensive brand and you will be charged accordingly.

Receipts were not provided unless asked for and bar menus were not on most bars......so watch your account.

• 3 weeks later...

Honestly we find Princess per drink prices much better than say,  RCI......our last Royal cruise they've raised their per drink prices to around $12 bucks to steer people to the drink package,  which in our case worked.  Our next cruise in a couple of weeks on the Ruby we will pay per drink as we bought some liquor to have in cabin which will offset our bar bill on board.  Most drinks are around $8 dollars.......enjoy your cruise.

2 hours ago, Qcruise said:

Honestly we find Princess per drink prices much better than say,  RCI......our last Royal cruise they've raised their per drink prices to around $12 bucks to steer people to the drink package,  which in our case worked.  Our next cruise in a couple of weeks on the Ruby we will pay per drink as we bought some liquor to have in cabin which will offset our bar bill on board.  Most drinks are around $8 dollars.......enjoy your cruise.

Totally agree. A Coors or Bud tall boy was almost $2 higher on X & RCI . I've got my bar bills to prove it.:classic_blink: