Eclipse Elite Happy Hour

lauraapp

Disembarked last month and there were "a lot" of Elites and above on this Transatlantic cruise. The three drinks were loaded onto our sea pass card, and the Sky lounge was open. When I went to Sky Lounge it was so crowded that I promptly left and found another bar for the duration of the cruise.

I was on the December 9th Reunion cruise (R/T Buenos Aires) and the Director of Loyalty was aboard.   For the first few days it was 3 drinks only loaded onto the sea pass card and they took your sea pass card in the sky lounge when you ordered a drink.   The 3 drinks could be used at all bars from 5-7 (even Martini Bar) and in the Dining Room.   During the second half of the cruise they stopped taking our sea pass cards in the Sky Lounge and drinks were unlimited there and you could also have 3 drinks anywhere during the designated hours of  5-7.   We talked to the Captain's Club rep on the cruise and asked her what had changed.   She said a lot of Captain's Club Members complained to the Director of Loyalty about the changes, so now they changed the policy to align more with Royal Caribbean's.   Unlimited drinks in Sky Lounge from 5 - 7 and 3 drinks a day loaded onto sea pass cards that can be used in any bar.    The only other change is that the 3 drinks can no longer be used in the Dining Room as people who had late seating fixed dining complained that they could not enjoy a drink from the Dining Room.   

She said the plan was to roll out these changes fleet wide.   Who knows if that happened or will happen.   As we all know, Celebrity is consistently inconsistent .

I was on the Eclipse sailing immediately after Panzano (and I believe the most recent one to the current sailing) and the Sky Lounge was open most nights (I never tried to go) along with 3 drinks loaded from 5-7 at most bars (I believe World Class Bar was excluded?) but not the dining room. 

This is reminiscent of Lisa being on a cruise and aqua passengers complaining about only receiving bottled water the first day.  Lisa changed that and had water delivered to all aqua staterooms daily....and that change back to daily water was implemented on THAT CRUISE ONLY....zero follow through on her part.  

It's difficult to be optimistic about seeing this elite benefit change or become standardized fleetwide......

Not on Eclipse, but recently on Summit they were scanning cards and were limiting the drinks in the Elite lounge to 3.  Was inconsistent and seemed difficult to manage.  There was a recent email that indicated Celebrity - following suit as expected with RCI - was going back to unlimited in the Elite lounge or 3 via the coupons in other lounges, including the restaurants.  It also indicated the Edge would be unlimited for Elites in all venues.

5 hours ago, Nannyof2 said:

We are Diamond Plus on RCI, going on Celebrity Eclipse in November. We can easily get bottled water in the Diamond lounge when open for free drinks. Will we be able to get bottled water in the Elite lounge?

Yes, bottled or packaged water is considered a drink available on the Elite menu.

If your cruise is using coupons, our experience is that they will give you two bottles of water for one coupon.  (If they give you one, just ask if you get one or two for a coupon...although we have never had to ask)

25 minutes ago, ghstudio said:

If your cruise is using coupons, our experience is that they will give you two bottles of water for one coupon.  (If they give you one, just ask if you get one or two for a coupon...although we have never had to ask)

My understanding is that all Celebrity ships are - or soon will be - using the coupons for venues outside of the Elite lounge.

On 1/15/2019 at 9:24 AM, leaveitallbehind said:

Not on Eclipse, but recently on Summit they were scanning cards and were limiting the drinks in the Elite lounge to 3.  Was inconsistent and seemed difficult to manage.  There was a recent email that indicated Celebrity - following suit as expected with RCI - was going back to unlimited in the Elite lounge or 3 via the coupons in other lounges, including the restaurants.  It also indicated the Edge would be unlimited for Elites in all venues.

Please define recent.  Wonderman3 is blogging from the current sailing on Summit.  His scan of the CC Elite Plus letter states exactly what they say the changes were on Eclipse, unlimited in the Elite lounge plus 3 coupons and only in lounges, no dining rooms.

• Thanks 1

It was info forwarded to me on 1/11 and I was incorrect in that it does NOT include world class bars or restaurants on any of the ships.  Wonderman3's info is correct. My apologies for passing on bad info.  wrk2cruise, thank you for calling me on that!

Edited by leaveitallbehind

31 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

I wasn't trying to call you out.  Some people are reporting their experiences of 6 months ago and as we know things are changing (not always for the better) all the time.

Didn't take it in a bad way and I do appreciate you raising the question!  My info was wrong and glad to have it corrected.

Edited by leaveitallbehind