Princess Cruise "Secrets" 2019

barbpretz

1 minute ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Maybe so on some of the decks, but not on Marina deck. I just went outside my stateroom and looked. No waves.

Tom

They've got them on Dolphin & Emerald decks. They don't exactly look like waves but rounded designs. 

33 minutes ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

When you come out of an elevator and turn toward one side of the ship or the other, just look at the model of the ship on the wall in front of you (usually there is one nearby.) The model on the wall points the same way as the actual ship. If you're coming out of a stateroom, look at the room numbers-lower numbers are always toward the bow (front) of the ship. The carpet trick doesn't always work because not all ships have symbols of fish on the carpeting. The Regal Princess, for example doesn't. It has has symbols that have no real rhyme nor reason.

Tom

Ah yes.
But when you wake up from a drunken stupor in the middle of a passageway with a pinwheel sticking out of your pants and a party hat glued to your shoes, and you don't even KNOW where the elevators are ....

...then!

The Fish!

Anyway, if other ships' have no rhyme or reason, I'd stay away from those.

Edited by MotownVoice
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, MissP22 said:

They've got them on Dolphin & Emerald decks. They don't exactly look like waves but rounded designs. 

No, the same carpeting is on all the decks. Had to go down awhile ago and looked. All decks are the same. No way I could tell which way was forward and which was aft from that design if I hadn't taken the photo. Give me a week and I probably won't even having taken the photo for that matter! 😄

Tom

Regal Princess Carpeting.JPG

Edited by Pierlesscruisers
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

Will find out if it was just Alaska on Royal or if it will also work on Cabo. Booked AT but will eat in Alfredos 2 of the 5 nights. 

At today's 3-hour "Outlet Sale" in the Symphony dining room, they had another 8-10 wines available for sale, all for $9 each. I grabbed a couple bottles of 2014 Simi Landslide Cabernet, which retails for about $35/bottle!

As before, you'd have to pay $15 corkage to bring to a dining room. (Still works out great for my Crown Grill dinner tonight!)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

No, the same carpeting is on all the decks. Had to go down awhile ago and looked. All decks are the same. No way I could tell which way was forward and which was aft from that design if I hadn't taken the photo. Give me a week and I probably won't even having taken the photo for that matter! 😄

Tom

Regal Princess Carpeting.JPG

If you've had s few drinks it'd easy to get turned around. 

carpet.jpg

Edited by MissP22
  • Haha 1

25 minutes ago, alanstarr said:

At today's 3-hour "Outlet Sale" in the Symphony dining room, they had another 8-10 wines available for sale, all for $9 each. I grabbed a couple bottles of 2014 Simi Landslide Cabernet, which retails for about $35/bottle!

As before, you'd have to pay $15 corkage to bring to a dining room. (Still works out great for my Crown Grill dinner tonight!)

good move 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, MissP22 said:

If you've had s few drinks it'd easy to get turned around. 

carpet.jpg

I don't see enough of a difference that I'd be able to figure out which way to go!  I think I'd be better off using other clues.  Or embrace the extra steps I'd take before figuring out I was going the wrong way.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, MotownVoice said:

Ah yes.
But when you wake up from a drunken stupor in the middle of a passageway with a pinwheel sticking out of your pants and a party hat glued to your shoes, and you don't even KNOW where the elevators are ....

...then!

The Fish!

Anyway, if other ships' have no rhyme or reason, I'd stay away from those.

OMG!  I literally LOL'd!!

4 hours ago, julie3fan said:

I don't see enough of a difference that I'd be able to figure out which way to go!  I think I'd be better off using other clues.  Or embrace the extra steps I'd take before figuring out I was going the wrong way.

Julie3fan,

I never have a problem finding my cabin.😁 Or which way to go. I put this on the carpet outside of my cabin. 😳😁😁

The Captain of The Rowboat,

Tony

3EBEE1D9-1355-4E8C-B193-CA1C4F1A880D.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

29 minutes ago, AAAAmerican said:

Not finding the cabins ever is a problem. When youall cruise a lot and years of it you may forget the Number of your Cabin..

I have gone to the right cabin number on the wrong deck before.  Knocked hard on the door after my card key didn't work and wondered why my wife wouldn't let me in.  Lucky for me, no one was home. 😉

Edited by 2 cruises a year
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, AAAAmerican said:

Not finding the cabins ever is a problem. When youall cruise a lot and years of it you may forget the Number of your Cabin..

No worry. With the medallion, the boards on every floor will give you the cabin number & even provide directions to your cabin. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, 2 cruises a year said:

I have gone to the right cabin number on the wrong deck before.  Knocked hard on the door after my card key didn't work and wondered why my wife wouldn't let me in.  Lucky for me, no one was home. 😉

LOL - I've done that in a hotel! Doesn't go over if you're coming back from the lobby bar!

Edited by CruiseVA
  • Like 2

On 9/12/2019 at 12:35 PM, MotownVoice said:

On the Royal Princess herself watch the fish in the carpeting.  They always swim to the bow.

New carpets in the halls on the Crown Princess. It took until Day 10 to notice the difference in colour of the TINY dots along the edges that were red on one side and green on the other!  Well... they looked 'tiny' from the elevator.😕

3 hours ago, Adventures ahead said:

New carpets in the halls on the Crown Princess. It took until Day 10 to notice the difference in colour of the TINY dots along the edges that were red on one side and green on the other!  Well... they looked 'tiny' from the elevator.😕

Were the RED ones on the PORT (Left) side of the ship?

1 hour ago, Pierlesscruisers said:

Nope. Got it backwards but that means that the next guess you make that's a 50-50 shot should be spot on! 😄

Tom

When Adventures Ahead posted the carpet I realised I was originally thinking about his design. That's the one that has the direction included in the weave.

carpet.gif

Instead of bringing perfume with me, I use a cruise as an opportunity to test drive different perfumes. On the way to the bar for our pre-dinner cocktail I will stop off at the boutique and find a scent I like. I'll use the sample bottle for a quick spray on my wrists and off I go.

1 minute ago, Aggie83 said:

Instead of bringing perfume with me, I use a cruise as an opportunity to test drive different perfumes. On the way to the bar for our pre-dinner cocktail I will stop off at the boutique and find a scent I like. I'll use the sample bottle for a quick spray on my wrists and off I go.

I'm waiting for them to throw me out one of these days. :classic_laugh:

• Like 1