Alfredos embarkation day Sapphire

lorri111

10 hours ago, lorri111 said:

Hi, looking for a less crowded alternative for lunch on embarkation day, is Alfredos open on Sapphire that day? Is it a comprehensive menu on this ship, pasta as well as pizza?

We ate at Alfredos on embarkation day on our Sapphire Princess cruise last October. There is a limited pizza menu (it was added in early 2012 before Royal-class ships arrived with their more extensive menu)

sappalfredo1.jpg

sappalfredo2.jpg

Edited by dides

We were very disappointed in Alfredo’s on the Sapphire.  Only a few pizzas on offer and service wasn’t that good either.  No interaction with the waitress after pizzas brought to the table.  No offer of extra drinks.  We were the only people in the night we went.  It was never busy during the cruise and was used as an overspill for the International Cafe during the day.  They have moved Vines, which is now merely a few tables with no bar, to accommodate this.  A mistake in my opinion.

1 minute ago, jimpod said:

We were very disappointed in Alfredo’s on the Sapphire.  Only a few pizzas on offer and service wasn’t that good either.  No interaction with the waitress after pizzas brought to the table.  No offer of extra drinks.  We were the only people in the night we went.  It was never busy during the cruise and was used as an overspill for the International Cafe during the day.  They have moved Vines, which is now merely a few tables with no bar, to accommodate this.  A mistake in my opinion.

We are not Alfredos fans.

Have seen many comments on the lack of service there on different ships.

I will stick to the pool pizza.

2 hours ago, dides said:

We ate at Alfredos on embarkation day on our Sapphire Princess cruise last October. There is a limited pizza menu (it was added in early 2012 before Royal-class ships arrived with their more extensive menu)

sappalfredo1.jpg

sappalfredo2.jpg

many thanks, very useful

6 hours ago, dides said:

As odd as this sounds, the Sun Class ships (before Grand Class ships) had a really good pizzeria with multiple items (pastas, salads, pizza, bread, etc....). So the idea of a pizzeria has been with Princess for decades. I believe the Sitmar ships Princess acquired when they bought Sitmar also had pizzerias. I think it is purely a space issue on the Grand and Sapphire. I am glad they added this - I can always go over to International Cafe and get additional items if I want.

Edited by Coral

• 1 month later...

Ate at Alfredo’s on sapphire last week and very few people there. They would not let us bring a salad from the international cafe because of cross contamination.  We would not go back.

We will be on the Sapphire in a few months so thanks for the information.  I had seen that the ship had an Alfredo's and had assumed it was like the Alfredo's on the Royal and Regal but now understand it is not.  We did several cruises on the Island and occasionally on sea days they would open the Sabatini's for lunch serving only personal size pizza.  It sounds like the Sapphire has the same menu.  We usually go to the MDR for lunch on embarkation day as it is much quieter and a whole lot better than the lido deck offerings. 

9 hours ago, JJean said:

Ate at Alfredo’s on sapphire last week and very few people there. They would not let us bring a salad from the international cafe because of cross contamination.  We would not go back.

They also don't let you remove any food from Alfredos either. They are usually very strict on that.

On 1/15/2019 at 6:08 PM, Coral said:

As odd as this sounds, the Sun Class ships (before Grand Class ships) had a really good pizzeria with multiple items (pastas, salads, pizza, bread, etc....).

Cafe Corniche on Sea Princess was good. Sea Princess was our first cruise ship. We were quite disappointed when we found out not all Princess ships had that super wide Promenade nor Cafe Corniche. That pizza on Lido deck is nowhere near as good.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Cafe Corniche on Sea Princess was good. Sea Princess was our first cruise ship. We were quite disappointed when we found out not all Princess ships had that super wide Promenade nor Cafe Corniche. That pizza on Lido deck is nowhere near as good.

GAH!!!        I think the pizza on Lido is way better then Alfredos!   😳