Man gets banned from Royal Caribbean Cruises after jumping off ship for viral fame

Wow about this statement that one of them made "Disappointed about the cruise line".   Does he realize that at the height that he jumped from can lead to death.

Banning for life seems to be appropriate.

• Like 10

I'd like to get his contact information. That way, when cruise lines decide to put glass walls all the way up the balconies, I'll know who to blame. You really can't fix stupid. I was shocked to read that he's 27. You would think he would have outgrown this juvenile behavior by now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, gatour said:

Wow about this statement that one of them made "Disappointed about the cruise line".   Does he realize that at the height that he jumped from can lead to death.

RCL just had a teen death in Haiti when falling from Deck 8 on the Ovation.   Sad  

4 hours ago, gatour said:

Banning for life seems to be appropriate.

Watch for a new user to CC and his first post will be why he will never sail with Royal again!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 4

Very sad that anyone thinks they have to do such dumb stunts for a few moments of fame. 

Life is too short as it is and it is a shame so many people feel doing odd dangerous stunts is the pinnacle of their life. 

He deserves being banned and I agree those with him, encouraging him should be banned too. 

Now might be a good time for cruise lines to come together and announce a unified policy of banning anyone doing such a dangerous, life-threatening incident. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, BecciBoo said:

So it sounds like he was climbing around the partition that separates the balconies?  The headline makes it sound like he was standing there minding his own business, lost his footing and went overboard.

We were talking about this. I think that we would have said that he was an idiot if he died, and he is still an idiot for jumping off the ship even though he didn't. Doing something like that for a video? They were rightfully banned from the cruise line, especially after it came so soon after the incident in Labadee with a fatality. 

Edited by Coralc
  • Like 1