Stay cool folks

Now is the time it would be great to be cruising with a cooling breeze wafting over the decks.

Trust everyone is coping with the current heat wave.

According to the El Dorado Weather site, the warmest 15 places on the planet in the past 24 hours were all in Australia. These ranged from Tarcoola in inland South Australia, which reached 49.1 degrees, to Yulara in the Northern Territory at 46.1 degrees in 15th slot.

Well it has gone over 40 here for the last 3 days and expected to continue today. The worst thing about it is that we have not been getting the cooler nights that we normally would. Over nights temps of 21 (instead of getting down to 14 or so), so the houses cannot cool down enough to make it more bearable.

28 minutes ago, GUT2407 said:

We replaced ours in November, aren’t I glad I did.

Lucky, but then you guys need it every year for extended periods. We are able to get away with only using it for around 20 days a year as we use other ways as well to keep the house cooler.

2 hours ago, rabbit1971 said:

even tassie has been exceptionally warm with constant days in the 30's, normally might get one or two days and then it would drop but its been pretty consistent.

Oh no there goes my plan for buying a summer house in Tassie to escape the heat.

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

The worst thing about it is that we have not been getting the cooler nights that we normally would. Over nights temps of 21 (instead of getting down to 14 or so), so the houses cannot cool down enough to make it more bearable.

We live close to Canberra but at a higher elevation so have had slightly cooler nights than you but the problem has been that there has been no breeze to get the cooler air into the house of a night time.

Saturday can not come soon enough.

But on the positive side I am getting lots of sewing done as it is too hot to go outside.:classic_biggrin:

Temps have dropped to mid-20s now as the rain has properly begun. Perhaps issues for cricket and tennis.

Last couple of days it was like water drops were forming in the air rather than actual rain.

For an interesting report on the heat and it’s impacts: https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/roads-melt-as-heatwave-escalates-across-parts-of-australia/news-story/ea23d38d583ccafa24c6a42b9574b06f

28 minutes ago, sewgood said:

We live close to Canberra but at a higher elevation so have had slightly cooler nights than you but the problem has been that there has been no breeze to get the cooler air into the house of a night time.

Saturday can not come soon enough.

But on the positive side I am getting lots of sewing done as it is too hot to go outside.:classic_biggrin:

Yeah, the nights have been becalmed as they say (except for last night with the huge storm) but that didn't drop the temps enough for us. BTW, Saturday is still forecast for 34 here.

5 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

Temps have dropped to mid-20s now as the rain has properly begun. Perhaps issues for cricket and tennis.

Last couple of days it was like water drops were forming in the air rather than actual rain.

For an interesting report on the heat and it’s impacts: https://www.news.com.au/technology/environment/roads-melt-as-heatwave-escalates-across-parts-of-australia/news-story/ea23d38d583ccafa24c6a42b9574b06f

Wow. very interesting.

11 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Yeah, the nights have been becalmed as they say (except for last night with the huge storm) but that didn't drop the temps enough for us. BTW, Saturday is still forecast for 34 here.

I'll be happy with 34 after days of above 40 degrees temperature.

That explains the faint flashes in the sky in the direction of Canberra.

30C today, but humidity almost like Singapore.  Our A/C has been on 24/7 for the past 3 or 4 days.  Last night massive lightening and thunderstorms, lasting from 8pm to 3am.  I barked and they let me inside.

A southerly change is on the way up the coast I believe.  But I was cool this morning stacking frozen food delivery into the walk in freezer for Meals on Wheels.

Edited by NSWP