Stay cool folks

20 minutes ago, Docker123 said:

I didn't even think of the impact of the heat in regards to cars overheating.

I heard on the news this morning that they are concerned about rail lines buckerling.

I hope everybody from country areas can get to the city for their cruises.

I can't imagine being out west in 47 degrees temperatures. I hope I never have to find out what those temperatures feel like.

A NZ cruise at this time is looking pretty good.

1 hour ago, sewgood said:

Oh no there goes my plan for buying a summer house in Tassie to escape the heat.

I’ve thought about doing that a few times, but it can get real hot down there too.

Edited by GUT2407

We live in Brisbane, but in an area where we nearly always have a breeze. We don't have air-con. A couple of months ago we bought the best fan we have ever had. It is fantastic. It is a Vornado brand with a DC motor. We run it all night and it is SILENT!🙂 We have a very large bedroom and use the "medium" Vornado, the one on a stand. With the setting about half-way, we have a breeze all night. If we had it on full, it would be too strong. If the fan is on its maximum setting, therfe would be some noise from the airflow, but not from the motor. I recommended these fans to a couple of family members. They bought them and are as happy with them as we are.

I hope I haven't gone into goo much detail, but we can both recommend these fans.

3 minutes ago, sewgood said:

I didn't even think of the impact of the heat in regards to cars overheating.

I heard on the news this morning that they are concerned about rail lines buckerling.

I hope everybody from country areas can get to the city for their cruises.

I can't imagine being out west in 47 degrees temperatures. I hope I never have to find out what those temperatures feel like.

A NZ cruise at this time is looking pretty good.

I’m instantly surprised they can’t get over the buckled tracks, after all it’s not unusual to be hot in summer.

21 minutes ago, Aus Traveller said:

We live in Brisbane, but in an area where we nearly always have a breeze. We don't have air-con. A couple of months ago we bought the best fan we have ever had. It is fantastic. It is a Vornado brand with a DC motor. We run it all night and it is SILENT!🙂 We have a very large bedroom and use the "medium" Vornado, the one on a stand. With the setting about half-way, we have a breeze all night. If we had it on full, it would be too strong. If the fan is on its maximum setting, therfe would be some noise from the airflow, but not from the motor. I recommended these fans to a couple of family members. They bought them and are as happy with them as we are.

I hope I haven't gone into goo much detail, but we can both recommend these fans.

sounds like a good model.

It was odd being in the Caribbean last week and hearing how hot it was back in Australia. but since we got back on Wednesday the weather here in the Eastern Suburbs of Sydney has been very much the same as it was when we were on the yacht, with wonderful cool sea breezes making things very pleasant.

Yesterday was the worst we've had this summer, mainly because it didn't cool off in the afternoon/evening as it has on other hot days. It was still 30C at our place at midnight.

Luckily it's cooler today so we'll be able to get the house cooled down before the next lot of hot days hitt.

2 hours ago, Docker123 said:

Lovely day here is Williamstown low 20s, sunny skies, gentle breeze. A little humid, but You can’t have everything.

Similar conditions here in Carrum too Docker123. The humidity has been horrible and there is very little sea breeze. Our house is just today cooling down. Hope the humidity has gone before the next heat wave.

Leigh

• Like 1