If I book with Celebrity (not on a ship) do I still get 60 days to move to a TA?

ghstudio

I know that I have 60 days to move a reservation to the TA of my choice if I book while on a cruise.  This week's $25 deposit offer is excellent but not sure I want to commit to any one TA right now.  I'd like to just book on celebrity's web site and then move the reservation to a TA sometime in the next 60 days when I have time to TA shop, so to speak.  Can I do that?

I just posed a question about transferring to a travel agency.   an online agency had a fabulous rate for an A2 cabin.  About $100 more than the 1A we booked for next year on the Reflection.  Both the Celebrity agent and the travel agency rep said they couldn't give us the better rate quoted on line by the agency.  the agency rep said we would also have to complete paperwork that takes 5 or more days to allow us to transfer the booking.  If the agency isn't going to honor their rate, why would we transfer at all?  And why can't Celebrity honor the travel agency rate?   

3 hours ago, wallysdtr said:

I just posed a question about transferring to a travel agency.   an online agency had a fabulous rate for an A2 cabin.  About $100 more than the 1A we booked for next year on the Reflection.  Both the Celebrity agent and the travel agency rep said they couldn't give us the better rate quoted on line by the agency.  the agency rep said we would also have to complete paperwork that takes 5 or more days to allow us to transfer the booking.  If the agency isn't going to honor their rate, why would we transfer at all?  And why can't Celebrity honor the travel agency rate?   

If this TA is not giving you additional OBC or perks then there would be no reason to transfer.  It should be around 8% of your base cruise cost.

IF not, you should look for a different TA.

3 hours ago, wallysdtr said:

Sounds like the rate is restricted to "new bookings only".  Can you cancel and rebook with the agency?

46 minutes ago, wrk2cruise said:

Sounds like the rate is restricted to "new bookings only".  Can you cancel and rebook with the agency?

Unfortunately, we booked one of the non-refundable deposit cruises with Celebrity to get the extra perk.  I won't do that again as we lose the option to cancel and rebook.  I agree that it is probably new booking only but the TA didn't say that.  I found it strange he didn't know that I could transfer to the agency within the first 60 days.  We booked about 12 days ago and he was well aware of that. 

Yes - you have 60 days from booking (whether on a ship or on land).   While on the ship they automatically assign it to who you have your current cruise booked.   You can ask to have it assigned to Celebrity instead (by filling out a form).    I use more than one TA and like to have the flexibility of getting the best bid after I return home. 

5 hours ago, Jim_Iain said:

Yes - you have 60 days from booking (whether on a ship or on land).   While on the ship they automatically assign it to who you have your current cruise booked.   You can ask to have it assigned to Celebrity instead (by filling out a form).    I use more than one TA and like to have the flexibility of getting the best bid after I return home. 

Might depend on your TA, but it's a good idea to double check with your TA to make sure they got assigned.  Ours didn't last time, and they claimed that it was normal.