Caribbean Princess condition!

cimarrongirl

We were on the CB in April 2017 shortly after her big dry dock and we loved it! It was my first Princess cruise and it made me love cruising. My prior experience was on Royal Caribbean and that kind of cruising just is not for me. I loved how it never felt crowded on the CB. 

Sailed 14 day Circle Caribbean in March 2018. Ship was in great condition. Had a great cruise. If you eat breakfast or lunch in the buffet be sure to go all the way through to the back where the Planks and Steamers venues are as they have much better breakfast options and very different lunch options. Both are free for breakfast and lunch.

Edited by Thrak

I was on the Caribbean Princess May '17 for a 2 week British Isles cruise and May of '18 for a Caribbean cruise.  Obviously, I liked her enough to go back.  She is in good shape.  Can you tell she is an older ship?  If you look hard, yes.  The crew keeps her clean and are constantly working on her.  The new additions, from the dry dock are nice.  Plenty of little spots so you don't realize 3000 of your closest friends are on her with you.  I'd sail her again, but next I'm trying out the new Sky Princess.  

Thanks Thrak for the tip. We will be on the CB Feb. 9 doing the Circle Caribbean. Looking forward to it and appreciate the tip. Last time on the CB was before it went in for dry dock and updated to World Fresh Market in the buffet as well as adding the new restaurants.

Book the trip! She's a great ship. We were on the Nov/Dec-18 sailing. The CB is presently one of the only two Ocean Medallion ships. This alone is sufficient incentive for us to book again with the right itinerary. 

ENJOY!!!

We were just on the CB for the Canal Cruise in Dec. There are so many reasons to sail her!  We saw nothing wrong with the condition of the ship, enjoyed the newly redesigned/renamed Buffet, the Sanctuary is in a beautiful, quiet spot at the bow; you should check out Skywalkers during the day for quiet time and beautiful view or at night for DJ tunes and dancing. And yes, the Medallion makes it more special. Was nice to not have to look for cruise card and have cabin door unlocked as you approach. There are also screens at elevators and many public areas with current Patter activities of the day. Some of those screens have interactive games.  Deck 7 Promenade was fine although at the bow, there are about a dozen steps up to Deck 8 and back down again, still a nice area to get some steps in. My chronic complaint is that the laundry rooms are pitifully small for a ship of this size. I didn’t visit more than the one on Baja deck, but there were only two washers and two dryers, which were almost always in use. (On the Coral, a smaller ship, they had 4 of each, just as an aside.) Overall, we’d sail the CB again in a second! The only negative, which was out of anyone’s control, Grand Cayman had to be skipped due to high waves since it was a tender port.  Go for it!