Explorer Penthouse Wardrobe images

auldlassie

Hello, does anyone have any pics of the wardrobe/closet space in a Penthouse suite on Regent Explorer that you can show me? I have done 2 cruises on this ship, both times in a D Concierge and considering moving up to Penthouse for my next cruise but note that a Penthouse closet is smaller but cannot find pics or video online that shows this clearly. I will have a lot of luggage with me as this is part of a larger trip 😞 so this might be an issue for me. 

Thanks in advance.

Here are a couple of pictures of the Penthouse B closet in suite 1017.  The closet is smaller then in some of the other suites but that has never been a problem for us.  The luggage goes under the bed so that’s not a factor in closet space.  We pack a lot of clothes and we’ve never had a storage problem in the Penthouse suites. 

Why is the closet smaller?  The answer is that you get a huge shower with a rain shower head and six side jets.  Believe me, it’s big enough to have a party in the shower and my DW loves it!

2019-01-25.jpg

5 minutes ago, orvil said:

Just came off Voyager.  My "F" closet was larger than this and had more hanging space.  

That's one of the benefits of Voyager - one size cabin/closet/bathroom from Cat H through Cat C.  Explorer has a more 'graduated' spread of cabins...

I've never taken a PH on Explorer - always F2 through D - and we find those more than adequate for us on a 10-12 day sailing.  Of course, no butler...

The PH suites on Explorer are not to our taste.  Closet too small and no bathtub.  We prefer the F2 through D suites.  OTOH, the upper suites are lovely!

I am pretty sure that I read that there will be changes to the PH suite on Splendor.

Edited by Travelcat2

Thank you Eno-bob. Those pics are very helpful indeed. Closet is much smaller than the one in the Concierge, maybe more than I expected. I know it is a balance of all other aspects too though. I love a big shower and would never use a tub.

I'll wait to see if there are changes on Splendor. You never know, one day a cruise line might put a woman in charge of designing the accommodation. :classic_wink: 

• Like 2

We are in a Penthouse suite on Explorer right now, and we love it. I agree that the closet is a bit small, but we have still managed to fit the contents of two big suitcases into it without any problems. 

The PH shower is wonderful, and we definitely don’t miss a bathtub, which we wouldn’t even consider using. 

• Like 1

We love the Explorer PH category.

Perfect for us.

Closet is large enough.

Luggage gets under the bed.

Love the huge shower and seat.

Never use a tub.

Love separate living room and dining table, bar sink, two TVs and large deck. 

I have seen drawings of the Splendor PH. Don’t like it as much because:

closet has two entrances. One off the bath, the other off the foyer. Very awkward and takes up too much space. Huge walk-in with two doors. Overkill. 

Shower is smaller and directly behind sinks, creating a very narrow space. 

Basically, I think they ruined the bath- closet area. 

Elimination of bar sink is cheap. Love having it on Explorer.  

Just my opinion. 

Sheila

Sheila - thank you for describing the PH suite on Splendor.  As a serious over-packer, we need all of the space that we can get in the closet.  Dennis loves to soak in a tub and then shower so the PH suites are not an option for us.  

Had to laugh about the two entrances to the closet on Splendor.  When Silversea's Spirit was fairly new, we had a suite with three entrances to the closet.  It seemed that I ended up in the closet more times than not (until I got used to it).

1 hour ago, cruisegal919 said:

Slightly off topic but wondering if anyone onboard the Voyage right now could share a photo of the penthouse A or B closet?  Wondering how many drawers are in the closet.  Thanks!

Here you go.  From the PHA virtual tour on the Regent website:

F71B3F5E-53F9-4841-849F-5336DFFDE315.thumb.png.6421cea882408bc19d6a60101a0de368.png

Edited by DaveFr

Dave, that photo is interesting.  It looks so small.  It has been years since we were in a PH suite on Voyager.  Looking at the photo reminds me of going to the home where I was raised and everything look as if it had shrunk!  Guess our memories are not always accurate.  Still, it does look bigger than the PH closet on Explorer.

We went for concierge on the Explorer, did not like the PH suites layout on the Explorer and assume on the Splendour it will be the same. The closet is much bigger than the picture here. We had only gone in PH  previously on the other 3 ships and concierge in the Explorer is bigger than both Navigator and Voyager PH suites and the window facing bed a good way of organising it. Also don't miss not having a butler, when we first sailed Regent on the Mariner PH c's were without butler service, don't think we really use that much. Only real advantage was on the Voyager when the butler set up a dinner on our aft facing balcony.

15 hours ago, GrJ Berkshire said:

We went for concierge on the Explorer, did not like the PH suites layout on the Explorer and assume on the Splendour it will be the same. 

Regent did make some changes in the PH suite layout on Splendor (larger closet is one of the changes).  Unfortunately, Regent has not put the layout on their website - only photos which do not show the changes.

Edited by Travelcat2

10 minutes ago, UUNetBill said:

Now if they'd either enlarge the G and H suites or cut down the single supplement so solo travelers could enjoy them...

Could not agree with you more.  Actually, these suites are perfect for solo guests.  I find it a shame that when someone loses a spouse/partner, they have to now pay double on most itineraries.  IMO, the people that need to get away the most on a cruise are the ones impacted the most - not just by Regent but some other cruise lines as well.

22 hours ago, Travelcat2 said:

Could not agree with you more.  Actually, these suites are perfect for solo guests.  I find it a shame that when someone loses a spouse/partner, they have to now pay double on most itineraries.  IMO, the people that need to get away the most on a cruise are the ones impacted the most - not just by Regent but some other cruise lines as well.

I agree as well. Our unmarried son would like to join us on a trip but he just can't stomach the 100% single supplement.

• 1 year later...

Funny that Google sent me back to this thread just over a year later.  Our daughter is coming back from a deployment in Afghanistan (Navy nurse) and the one thing she wanted to do was take a Regent cruise with the folks...we found a nice one she liked this coming May but the cost kind of turned us off a little bit.  It's not excessive, but we have three more cruises booked on Regent so squeezing another one in was stretching the vacation budget kind of tight.

Long story short, my wife and daughter booked the cruise and between the $$ and limited vacation time, I didn't book.  But the more we thought about it, the more I wanted to see Europe with my daughter (I'm retired USAF as well).  Well, now taking the single supplement into account (we're waiting for final pricing right now) I don't know if I can justify tagging along with them.  Seems to me that with a cruise that shows a LOT of availability they'd want to fill a cabin with at least one warm body rather than sail it empty.  But if the supplement is too high, well, guess who's staying home?

Sure would be nice if Regent could waive or reduce the single supplement for veterans, even though we're only Gold...especially right after Memorial Day.  Let's wait and see what supplement Regent comes at me with...fingers crossed...

• Like 2

Just now, jeb_bud said:

If privacy isn’t too much of a barrier I wonder if rebooking to a larger suite and sharing would save you enough money to make the cruise affordable for all three of you?

Yeah, we looked at that option, too, and it wasn't all that much more favorable.  

But WAIT - THERE'S MORE!!

My TA worked with their Regent rep and was able to negotiate a VERY favorable single supp for a cabin for me, so it looks like all three of us are a go for May.  And as an extra bonus, I sent Regent a 'thank you for your help' email last night around 9:50 PM and cc'd Jason Montague...and received a personal reply from him 4 minutes later stating how happy he was that we worked it all out and he sincerely hoped we'd enjoy Splendor.  THAT, my friends, is just one of the many reasons we'll be Regent fans for life (or until we go broke buying cruises, whichever comes first).

• Like 4