Choosing a cabin on Splendor?

the_dylaness

On 2/1/2019 at 5:00 PM, UUNetBill said:

The extra $$ for an F2 is a must-spend for us.  Going for Concierge is dependent on hotel rates, flight schedules, and how we feel when we book.  🤪

We’ve done Concierge and not done Concierge, it really depends on the bottom dollar.  But I highly recommend doing at least an F...

When the plane lands in London, and the ship leaves Southampton, the free ride because of Concierge is great.  Some airports to port have a great distance.

Not sure if this is the right thread but could not find one...When you refer to making certain your TA gives a percentage back and cash back, do you mean a credit to your suite/ship account (that you have to figure out how to spend!!) or actual cash back by way of check, etc ?

On 3/9/2019 at 10:22 PM, merlot101 said:

When the plane lands in London, and the ship leaves Southampton, the free ride because of Concierge is great.  Some airports to port have a great distance.

That's one of the factors we use in deciding whether the extra $$ for Concierge or above is worth it for us.  London, Rome, even Venice - either long distances or expensive/confusing transportation options will often be the final determinant on whether we do Concierge.

Not opting for Concierge and arranging hotels and transfers on your own is another place where having a good TA is important.  Ours has often helped us save money and time by setting up independent options for us that we may or may not have found on our own.

I don't think there's any 'one-size-fits-all' answer on whether Concierge is the best solution for someone...

20 hours ago, slocruising said:

Not sure if this is the right thread but could not find one...When you refer to making certain your TA gives a percentage back and cash back, do you mean a credit to your suite/ship account (that you have to figure out how to spend!!) or actual cash back by way of check, etc ?

Ours sends a check with the cruise documents. 

14 hours ago, slocruising said:

Thank you all for the responses to the TA credit question.  Good idea to use OBC for laundry and dry cleaning.

I used to do our laundry in the launderettes on board until I let my wife convince me to use our OBC for laundry.  Smart lady, she is!

I love your (or your smart spouse's) idea to use the OBC for laundry and dry cleaning.  This time we are using it to offset some of the upcharges on our shore excursions.  We also receive OBC from Norwegian for owning stock.  The bulk of our OBC, however, comes back to us in the form of a check.

TA OBC and cash back.  Our TA give cash back to us on are arriving home, depending on the cruise and what's offered to the TA we may get addition OBC (non-refillable) for doing business with Regent.  The check is always in the mail on our return, never have to ask for it.

On what suite to pick, you're on vacation so I believe you should go for the highest level of suite you can "comfortably" afford, leaving some cash for extras you my want.  Then sit back and enjoy your cruise.