Please cheer me up and sell me on the Magic~ i'm bummed :(

pyropoodle

4 minutes ago, Joebucks said:

I would be bummed too. However, the Magic during NYE will be a blast. You have nothing to worry about. There is plenty to do. Maybe save the Mardi Gras for next time!

yeah, the more I think about it and all that is on the mardi gras, my kids will definitely have a better time if they are old enough to enjoy the roller coaster and all the other fun things.  right now, they are just too young.  I will book her in the future and will start saving now to book the new one that's coming in 2022...and will NOT choose an expensive holiday to travel on at that time. lesson learned.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, ProgRockCruiser said:

We sail on the Breeze (same class) in Sept, and we look forward to exploring that layout tremendously!  I am sure you will have a blast on Magic!

i'll be looking for your review!

we have an August sailing on the Sunrise, so I'm on pins and needles waiting for that one.  199 dayssss

Text taken from here:

For guests who do not purchase a spa stateroom or suite but would like to use the Thermal Suites, Thalassotherapy Pool or large spa whirlpool, we offer day passes and passes for the cruise duration. A Thalassotherapy Pool is featured on Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic and Carnival Splendor.

This Jim Zim review has a few pictures of the area. It is definitely not paying just for a whirlpool. It's pretty wonderful, at least on the Dream class ships. It includes the giant thalassotherapy pool, heated loungers and a few sauna options. I wouldn't pay for it again on the Vista class. On those you really are paying just for a whirlpool and it's on the opposite end of the ship from the Havana area.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, five. said:

Text taken from here:

For guests who do not purchase a spa stateroom or suite but would like to use the Thermal Suites, Thalassotherapy Pool or large spa whirlpool, we offer day passes and passes for the cruise duration. A Thalassotherapy Pool is featured on Carnival Breeze, Carnival Dream, Carnival Magic and Carnival Splendor.

This Jim Zim review has a few pictures of the area. It is definitely not paying just for a whirlpool. It's pretty wonderful, at least on the Dream class ships. It includes the giant thalassotherapy pool, heated loungers and a few sauna options. I wouldn't pay for it again on the Vista class. On those you really are paying just for a whirlpool and it's on the opposite end of the ship from the Havana area.

thanks for the info. i'll check his review out as well.   glad this site offers a lot of reading...even though I should be working :)

Y'all. I had never even seen pictures of the Magic (since it wasn't really a ship that I was researching prior to booking), but I am LOVING the pictures and reviews.  and that POOOL!  it looks amazing.   I am definitely no longer bummed!   100% happy and looking forward to this cruise...just 695 more days...

You're going to be fine. I have no intention of booking any ship on Carnival's fleet past the Breeze. I dislike how they have segregated people with Havana rooms by giving them an Aft pool and hottubs. The Aft area is the best and I think every paying customer on the ship should have access to all those areas. Put the segregated area on a top deck that people don't normally access. I'm getting tired of exclusives areas that are being sectioned off by these cruise lines.  That's just my personal opinion. I'm not jealous. I could book a Havana cabin but it's getting out of control. The aft pool did it for me. 

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2019 at 4:20 PM, pyropoodle said:

Like so many others on these boards,  I was looking forward to seeing the Mardi Gras deck plans, following  the MG threads religiously, stalking the leaked deck plans, etc....and then last night happened and literally the only time we can sail in the dates that were finally published is an UBER EXPENSIVE Holiday.  My husband was having NONE OF IT since the Carnival Magic is available on the exact same dates at virtually half the price for the same room category (Regular Balcony on the Magic for family of 4 is $4,100 vs, $7,300 on the Mardi Gras with tips/ taxes and insurance all included in that price).   so, needless to say, I was not able to book the Mardi Gras, but I was able to book the Magic.  

I really am hap,hap,happy that I will be sailing for New Years 2020 into 2021, that's a bucket list item for me:classic_cool:, and I am stoked deep down, BUT I can't help feeling a little bit bummed and let down that I'm not on the new super mega Mardi Gras.  (I will book her eventually, don't worry)

ANYWAY, I am counting on all of you wonderful CC'ers out there to really sell me on the Magic and let me know that I have done the right thing~ what do you love about her ~why is she your favorite ship~  Tell me that I will really love her too.   I need to read some positive, uplifting words today.  

I am hoping that the disappointed feeling will pass and I can get on with my life knowing how lucky I am that I am able to cruise at all, and super blessed.

I’m sailing the Magic in 2020 for my50th Anniversary, as the Southern Caribbean itinerary is just what I wanted. I was pricing the Mardi Gras myself just last night, trying to figure out a way to swing the cost on the 15 day itinerary. By the time I figure in what the airfare, gratuities, and insurance would be for the 2 of us in an inside cabin, it is around $4, 000!! So, I guess that’s out! Maybe we will sail her another time, for a shorter cruise. 

• Like 1

Normally, I would have been excited by the Mongolian wok, but since being pregnant with my son, my body chemistry has changed 1,000 percent. I can't eat rice, really any Asian/ Chinese/ etc...food.  It just make me :classic_blink: internally

~trivia~ I haven't eaten rice in almost 5 years :classic_ohmy:

Edited by pyropoodle