Bed by the window or the bath on Silhouette? Pro's & Cons?

SRQMom

15 hours ago, emmas gran said:

DH has fallen over table when bed by balcony, so not an option for us now always pick bed by balcony

15 hours ago, Luvcrusn said:

I'm confused by this.:classic_ohmy:

6 hours ago, emmas gran said:

He got up during the night to visit bathroom-no light!!!

In you first post is the last work correct?  Shouldn't it read bath??

26 minutes ago, emmas gran said:

Oops sorry I didn’t realise it should have said we prefer bed by bath!!

Ironic that a post correcting your typo contained a typo...

Anyway, I knew what you meant.

If the bed is by the balcony and if elderly or unsteady on one's feet, a middle of the night trek to the head could be an obstacle course in the dark, especially if the ship is  moving through the open ocean. 

Something to consider. 

So our situation was different in that we had two connecting rooms - our three daughters in one room (two twin beds near the bath) and dh and me in the other room (bed near the balcony).  It was funny how we went from one room to the other - they would come to our room via the "front" door, and we'd to to their room via the balcony, since I think it just made more sense to us to enter a room and see the living space first, not a bed.  Personally, I liked having my bed next to the balcony as it was lovely to lie or sit in bed with a view of the wake (we had an aft balcony on the Silhouette), and I liked having the extra space next to the bathroom when getting ready in the evenings.  Our oldest daughter, whose bed was right next to the closet in the other room, didn't really like that arrangement as it was tough to get into the closet and her sisters were constantly using her bed to put their clothes  and towels.  Or she would be on her bed, trying to rest or just on her phone, and someone has to get in the closet and they would be pretty much on top of her, or they'd have to go to the bathroom or leave the room, and they have to walk back and forth past her bed, which was bothersome if she was trying to nap.  Just seemed to her that you have less privacy with your bed so close to the door as it is a higher-traffic area.

But, like someone else so eloquently said, I think the location of the room should be a more determining factor, and as long as that bed is on a cruise ship and someone is making it for me everyday, then that works for me!  

Linda

Once on a cruise that was supposed to visit Nova Scotia, we were hit with extremely heavy seas and high winds (on a Royal C. ship). I awoke in the middle of the night because the ship was rolling so violently that I was thrown out of bed and onto the floor. The balcony dividers shook loose and were banging into the veranda furniture. When I got back into bed I could see the waves while lying flat on my back over the balcony from deck 10. An extreme that will hopefully not be repeated on any future cruises, but I was glad the bed was by the bath that night! The captain skipped the port the next morning since with 70 knot winds it was too dangerous to dock.

On February 22, 2019 at 10:05 AM, DebInAntigua said:

We loved our bed by the balcony on the Equinox last year. This year I "screwed up" and booked a bed by the bath on the Silhouette, C2 on the rear hump. Nice big balcony on that cabin, so I think we'll stay put and give the bed by the bath a try. Who knows, we might like it after all.

Trust me, you did not "screw up" 🙂   As much as I love the bed by balcony to hear the waves at night, the large balcony is also a great feature so for us it's a happy compromise to have bed by bath with large balcony.  Enjoy!!