Daily coffee lounge

Islandbuoy

12 minutes ago, Islandbuoy said:

Yesterday I got a mailing "Capt. Club Newsletter".

In it was an updated perks list.

I noted "daily coffee lounge"

seems to have replaced the elite breakfast?

Can anyone shed some light on this?

That's actually the wording Celebrity has always used, I think we on this board gave it the term elite breakfast. 

This is directly from the web site:

Captain's Club Daily Coffee Lounge

"Coffee Lounge" is probably a better description than "Elite Breakfast". At best, it's a continental breakfast and some days that's exactly what I'm looking for. Using the word "Breakfast" might lead people to believe that bacon and eggs might be involved. We sometimes have a regular breakfast then go to the Elite event for cappuccino and conversation.

20 hours ago, 2theship said:

"Coffee Lounge" is probably a better description than "Elite Breakfast". At best, it's a continental breakfast and some days that's exactly what I'm looking for. Using the word "Breakfast" might lead people to believe that bacon and eggs might be involved. We sometimes have a regular breakfast then go to the Elite event for cappuccino and conversation.

Wow, that sounds like a great idea.  Wish I would have thought of that on our last cruise.   I love the Tuscan Grill location.  

Rollie

Using the coffee lounge name gives Celebrity the flexibility to go back and forth with what they offer  If at any time they decide to cut costs just go back to giving out coffee if they wish.  Anything else is icing on the cake and they can say that's what they advertised.  

• 10 months later...
53 minutes ago, NuovaVita said:

So, to be clear, Elite members can choose to go to the Tuscan Grill in the morning and have specialty coffee (espresso, cappuccino, macchiato, latte) and pastries.

Sometimes the breakfast is a limited menu (continental type) and other times it's a small buffet (cold items). You can also get bloody marys, mimosas, bellinis cappuccinos and coffee. The Tuscan Grille for this is only open from 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM. 

Edited by davekathy

1 hour ago, NuovaVita said:

So, to be clear, Elite members can choose to go to the Tuscan Grill in the morning and have specialty coffee (espresso, cappuccino, macchiato, latte) and pastries.

I guess it depends on the ship.  In September on Infinity I had full breakfasts in Tuscan Grill several times.  Most enjoyable - and the Grill was mostly empty.  Never more than three tables used.  Sad!  But that didn't dampen my enjoyment of such a serene environment in which to enjoy my breakfast.

Since Blu is right next to Tuscan on the S-class ships, we often decide which one to go to last minute. We also not the Tuscan is almost empty and quiet. They do offer lox platters in addition to the above noted coffees and drinks.

13 minutes ago, GeorgesGal said:

I guess it depends on the ship.  In September on Infinity I had full breakfasts in Tuscan Grill several times.  Most enjoyable - and the Grill was mostly empty.  Never more than three tables used.  Sad!  But that didn't dampen my enjoyment of such a serene environment in which to enjoy my breakfast.

What do you mean by “full breakfasts”?     Bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, etc.?

Just now, jagoffee said:

What do you mean by “full breakfasts”?     Bacon, eggs, waffles, pancakes, etc.?

Absolutely!  There was a full breakfast menu in September on Infinity.  Don't know if all of the ships do this or if it's up to F&B manager, dependent on number of Elites on board or what.

On 2/3/2019 at 6:34 AM, rollie said:

Wow, that sounds like a great idea.  Wish I would have thought of that on our last cruise.   I love the Tuscan Grill location.  

Rollie

We went often on EDGE..great coffee, pastries and cold food  buffet..in Tuscan.  Nice quiet atmosphere with Italian music to start the day.

We enjoy the "coffee" event in the Tuscan with the great aft view.  Usually you can get a window seat.  DH likes the smoothies.

Sometimes it is order from a menu (all cold) and sometimes it is a buffet.  Probably this depends on the number of Elites and above.  The buffet spread reminds me of what you get in hotels in Europe.  There is usually assorted cheeses and meats so it easy to make the "croissant- wich" that DH loves.  I like the bran muffins and assorted fruit.  One great thing about this event is the time. 

They are usually open until 10:00 which is after the MDR breakfast has closed and usually a very busy time upstairs in the Oceanview cafe. When we are on long cruises where there are a lot of 23 hours days due to time changes this a great venue for us.  On our last cruise the coffee service there was great.