Cruising to Antarctica and South America with many photos

scubacruiserx2

One of my thoughts was I love how quiet and serene everything looks.  Can you imagine living in one of the small towns, how peaceful it would be, and to have all of that beauty around you.

Lots of flying for ya'll! That stinks about the taxi and lack of communication.  You seem to go with the flow and handle it all well.

Looking forward to more.

1 hour ago, Walt fan said:

One of my thoughts was I love how quiet and serene everything looks.  Can you imagine living in one of the small towns, how peaceful it would be, and to have all of that beauty around you.

Lots of flying for ya'll! That stinks about the taxi and lack of communication.  You seem to go with the flow and handle it all well.

Looking forward to more.

We can only imagine , but it would be nice . It was a lot of flying and we were ready for the cruise . Hopefully other people will avoid the taxi issues by being aware of who to use and who to avoid .

Let's cruise shall we .

On 2/9/2019 at 6:49 AM, puppycanducruise said:

I can't tell you how much I am enjoying reading about your days.

Your pictures are wonderful.  So clear and bright, and the colours!  What kind of camera are you using?

Looking forward to reading more.

Thanks again.

Thank you and good morning . I use a Canon D 6 , a Canon SL 1 SLR and a Sony RX-100 III pocket camera . Pat uses a Sony DHC-HX90V  Pocket camera with a built in 200mm lens .

DSC08172_zpstmyny3eh.jpg

They did a great job on the gingerbread scene.  The Koningsdam wasn’t half as artistic... and we would catch people surreptitiously stealing gumdrops and eating them!  I guess they thought they were invisible or something.  So then they had to rope it off and it still happened!  People are weird.

11 minutes ago, *Miss G* said:

They did a great job on the gingerbread scene.  The Koningsdam wasn’t half as artistic... and we would catch people surreptitiously stealing gumdrops and eating them!  I guess they thought they were invisible or something.  So then they had to rope it off and it still happened!  People are weird.

Do you mean that they are not free ? I guess that you will tell me next that I'm not supposed to bring home the towels and sheets ? :classic_huh:

• Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Krazy Kruizers said:

Great pictures.

It has been years since we were on the Zaandam.  I see that when she updated her Neptune Suites, they took out the sink in the vanity area.

Loving your reports.

Thank you .Our last Neptune was on the Eurodam . We preferred the Pinnacle and the bath rooms on the Eurodam with a separate tub and shower .

IMG_4146%20Stitch-001_zpsecv0syhq.jpg

DSC00599-001_zpsjyxjotou.jpg

DSC00600_zps5azjubpl.jpg

• Like 1

A video of busy  Port San Antonio Starboard side :

And the sail away from the Port side :

We also found out that we could order dinner from the menu - delivered to our room .

DSC03726_zps6kvuih58.jpg

DSC03741_zpsaf1zsgre.jpg

Scallops

DSC03744_zpsotm7nq6f.jpg

Ceviche

DSC03748_zps5cemuyxy.jpg

Spicy peanut cilantro salad with turkey

DSC03750%201_zps9clfa3lt.jpg

And turkey tenderloin

DSC03751_zpsh0re4o3t.jpg

Enjoy !

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Walt fan said:

Your suite is huuuuuuuge!  Is this your second HAL cruise? The food looks delicious! Sail away!

Yes it was a very nice suite ! It was our 2nd Neptune Suite the other being on the Eurodam to Alaska . We also did the Zaandam in 2013 South America and The Westerdam Eastern Caribbean in 2012 .

P1030136-001_zpsa696b569.jpg

P1030233.jpg

d152d311-99ef-40ea-b00f-04f2c5cdc2eb_zps

2e667a59-e136-40c3-a86e-31183b6df681_zps

a92b149e-b2cb-4538-9f91-9e8037261ecb_zps

Edited by scubacruiserx2
  • Like 1

While we were waiting for dinner we noticed the ride getting bumpy as we turned South with the waves now on our Starboard side . We could also catch up on some paperwork and planning . These need to be turned in to collect your passport .

DSC03796_zpsw6w2maaf.jpg

Tentative schedule 

DSC03756_zps3awvkqrv.jpg

DSC03753_zpso9ygvv14.jpg

There were rumors that this would disappear when the Zaandam was last refurbished . We were glad to see it still working .

DSC03785_zpswrescxsm.jpg

It had been a bumpy night , as the morning weather report showed .65 MPH apparent winds across the bow .

DSC03771%202_zpspcwlxwf2.jpg

The view from the balcony

IMG_7111_zpsk8l0yxre.jpg

• Like 1

Most of our breakfasts were at the Pinnacle Grill which is more intimate than the MDR or the Lido .

DSC03779_zpsb2m4nxwj.jpg

But the food was the same with different dishes and service 

DSC03775%201_zpsrw6wu7xo.jpg

DSC03776%201_zpsezrpk6qr.jpg

DSC03780%201_zpsqqzkq8rb.jpg

DSC03781%201_zpsb4jixh0o.jpg

About a hour later HAL was nice enough to allow about 70 people from CC to meet in the Crow's Nest . They also provided coffee , tea , ice water and cookies . We are very grateful to HAL and we would like to thank them for their generosity and a job well done .

DSC03792_zpsqx9rurkk.jpg

• Like 2